Of Pancakes and Of Pain

If We Meet

The smell of a tasty Korean breakfast could be smelled almost throughout the house. Changmin is the one who first smelled it even though he’s been sleeping on the second floor. He manages to get up and make himself presentable. He had had on some of the clothes in the cabinet and wore it after a good shower. He doesn’t care who it belongs but he wore it anyway. He got himself a white long sleeve and dark jeans that seems a bit small.

He didn’t feel Yunho coming in last night. Hmm.. He went downstairs and went straight to the source of smell. And without any question his hint is right, Jaejoong has been cooking. In the table there are already array of food. Egg roll, kimchi chaege, bean paste soup (two hot pot cooking that is something), kimbap and colorful arrange of different side dishes. Then Jae came out of the kitchen smiling carrying w a large plate of pu-ching-geh.

“Are we having a party, or what?” Changmin said.

“Oh, Minnie, eat” Changmin cringed at the endearment.

“I’m not hungry” Changmin was about to leave when Jaejoong dragged him into the chair.

“Yah, you eat. If you want I will not be here. Just eat please. I’ll be upstairs and shower”

Then Jae’s voice ran the house as he says “Siksahaseyo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody eat!!!!!!!!!!!”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Yoochun has a painful throbbing in his head as he heard Jaejoong’s familiar voice. What the heck happened? First thing he saw is wood and hair. He gets up abruptly. How did he manage to sleep on the bar. ‘Yunho, hyung? Ahh. Right’

Yunho himself woke up at Jaejoong’s voice. It’s been really a while that he heard that voice. Always it’s Jae that would cook for everyone and announce of when is the time to eat. He almost thought it was just dream but this time it appears to be true. He straightens up to be faced to face with Yoochun.

“Uhmm, I think we should eat”, Yoochun then walked to the dining room.

Yoochun walked out first because of the impending awkwardness. Yunho just follows. But Yoochun stop in the door way. Yunho is quite curious of what is it that made him stop. And low and behold when he peeked, there in the breakfast table.

Yoochun sat at the table his lips almost salivating at the nice smell and tasty-looking food in front of them.

“Are we having a party”, Yunho said.

Changmin who is munching. “Well, breakfast party. Jaejoong Hyung’s idea”

Wow it’s been awhile also that Yoochun heard Changmin that precious address to Jaejoong, ‘hyung’. But Changmin is quite oblivious of what he said as he enjoys himself with his soulmate which is the nice food in his mouth. Yunho noticed though.

Yunho staired at the food. Yoochun is also starts to eat and Yoochun nodded encouraging the other to eat also. Yunho took a spoonful of Jaejoong’s Kimchi-chaege. His heart pounds loudly. It’s been a while.

Then loud footsteps from the stairs could be heard as one Kim Junsu is hurrying to come down. And as he reached the feast he……

“Wow!!! Heaven!! Hananim (God) Saranghamnida for the life of Jaejoong Hyung. Banze” he shouted with excitement.

Junsu took his seat beside Yoochun. Junsu started to munch mindlessly, ignoring the other people as he eats messily. A known stage play actor with so much grace in the stage is now acting like a lowly gangster.

“Yah! Kim Junsu, slow down” Yoochun spat.

“But I need to catch up with myself”

“What?! I never understand that thing you are always saying”

“By the way where is Jaejoong hyung?” Junsu finaly said.

Then Jaejoong just came right on cue wearing a white sweater and white loose cotton pants. He looks like his Hug days. Yunho thought. This look always makes Jaejoong look so pure except now he has a small cut on top of his eyebrows and probably beneath the clothes he’s ushering a bruise from yesterday. Somehow he felt very guilty.

“Good Morning, everyone” Jae said. Specially smiling toward Yunho. ‘Always forgiving... Kim Jaejoong, you’re babo. Be angry for a change.’

“Oh Hyung”, Junsu said. “You are really Heaven sent. Oh how you gave us mortals godly food.” Junsu joked.

“Yah! Kim Junsu, don’t patronize me”

Jae sat between Yunho and Yoochun. Yoochun instantly on Jae’s temperature and sighs in relief.

“You’re fever went down. Sorry I wasn’t able to take care of you last night”

“It’s okay Yoochun-ah, I know you did a very important thing last night” Jaejoong said with a mischievous and happy smile on his eyes.

“Ah yeah, did you advance on anything on our song?” Junsu asked. The oblivious Junsu.

Yoochun clears his throat. “Yeah, I’m into something now”

Junsu smiled. “Oki!!!” Junsu said with his cute accent on the word ‘okay’

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

After breakfast Changmin is already outside and trying to reach some people in his cellphone for them to be picked up. It was not hard for Junsu to be convinced to say where exactly are they as Junsu doesn’t really feel comfortable around HoMin now.

 Since it’s hard to have signal he walked here in there on to find a spot in the stone stairway heading to the beach. He is already midway when he found the signal. Everything is calm and the autumn scenery could be seen from where he is. The trees are blushing a beautiful color of red. The beach is a little violent though, with its use waves.

“Bwoh? Weh?” Changmin spat sternly on the person on the other line. “Landslide? Araso, araso”

There are rocks blocking the road to get here. Apparantly they still need to stay here for one more day. Changmin was about to climb back up when he saw a figure near the beach. A man in all white. The man’s posture and built is so familiar. ‘Jaejoong hyung’. He was about to ignore him when he saw his Hyung collapse on the sand.

With his instincts he hurriedly went down and ran to Jaejoong. Indeed Jaejoong is sprawled in the sand and seemingly unconscious. Changmin Jae’s head and placed it in his lap and check his breathing. He placed his ear near Jae’s mouth and he was shocked when

“I have you worried Minnie?”, Jaejoong whispered.

“Yah!! Hyung!!!” Changmin throw Jaejoong. And Jaejoong laughed whole-heartedly kneeling and holding unto his stomach.

“Ooohh, our magnae is still so gullible”

“It’s not funny” Changmin said as he walked out.

“Hey! Changmin” Jae shouted standing also.

Changmin turned around. “What?!”

“I’m happy..” Jaejoong said. Changmin then furrowed his eyebrow. “It’s been a while since I hear a ‘hyung’ from you”

Changmin turned around and walk away hurriedly which the fact is he’s already blushing at the comment. ‘I’m not a boy anymore’ he mumbled in his thought.

Jaejoong is trying to compose himself as his dongsaeng is still in view but he can’t help again as another wave of dizziness comes. He clutches his head and tries to support himself by kneeling on the sand, as he tries to find something on his pocket. There in his pocket are some pills. He swallowed hurriedly to calm down his frequent dilemma.

“Not now, God, not yet”, Jae said in hard breaths.