Hope

If We Meet

Chapter 16

“PML. Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy and other complications”

Yunho, Junsu, and Yoochun could not comprehend what is the doctor is saying. Hyunjoong on the other hand is also present but just quite in one of guest seats. Yunho is eying him and somehow he knows that Hyunjoong knows something.

“Well”, the doctor starts again. He’s a balding man in his white coat. They are currently in his office listening to the findings about their other two brothers. “It’s caused of a slow viral infection caused by a mutated polyoma virus. Normal polyoma virus just attacks one part of the body, usually the brain or skin. But unfortunately Mr. Kim Jaejoong acquired a rare one which suppresses his brain and his lung, resulting to loss memories, loss of coordination, vision problems, and frequent external. It’s a rare new case.”

All this words are all jumbled in their minds and cause them to have lumps in their throats.

“So I am afraid to tell you, I don’t know how to gently say this, but Mr. Kim is dying”

At this everyone tears up. Yunho stood up and about the hit anything that will get close to him which is luckily the wall. Junsu is comforting a distraught Yoochun while he himself tries to calm his self. Hyunjoong is low in his head and covering his face with his hands.

Yunho then looks at Hyunjoong . “You know everything, don’t you?!”

“Hyung, it’s not his fault” Junsu stood up and tries to hold Yunho up. On the other, Hyunjoong did not move a single bit.

“But he should have told us, at that we could have spend more time with Jaejoong!”

So that is the reason why Jaejoong is having a hard time in memorizing dance steps and even forgetting small things. Yunho should have been gentler to him. He could remember the times he slave-drive Jaejoong into perfecting their dance steps. Those stupid dance steps are not as important as Jaejoong. And now he realizes the reason why the three left. There is more to life than their work, and that is their life and life means freedom.

“Hyung, could you not see, Hyun is just protecting Jae hyung’s secret. It’s Jae-hyung’s will”

Suddenly, a ring from the telephone disrupts the commotion in the room. The doctor answers it and look at them after the phonecall.

“Mr. Shim is already awake. As I told you awhile ago, he’s fine. Some broken bones here and there but he will survive and can perform in no time.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun instantly head to Changmin’s room. Hyunjoong decides to head first on the room where Jaejoong is confined. He has some violet bruises in the face and a cast in his left arms both legs.

“Hey there rascal” Junsu sat beside Changmin. “You really want to be hero, huh.”

Changmin smiles but again frowns. “Where is Jae-hyung? How is he?”

It’s Yoochun turn to talk. “He… you saved him that’s for sure. If it weren’t for you he would have serious complicati- complications” at this Yoochun tears up.

Changmin sighs, “You knew. Sorry for not telling you. I don’t to ruin everything for Jaejoong hyung”

Yunho who is still near the doorway heaves a sigh as he tries to be strong this time, not allowing the others to see him cry.

“He plans to leave for America for medication after the concerts so that no one will know, still he doesn’t know of how will the medication will go so he decides before anything he want to see us together”

“We understand” Junsu says.

“You did very well Changmin-ah…now I need to talk to someone”, Yunho says finally as he holds Changmin’s hand for a moment and went out to the direction of Jaejoong’s room.

When he opens the room, the pitiful sight of Jaejoong welcomes him and beside him is Hyunjoong sitting in chair holding his hands. Right now, Jaejoong looks like a small frail child in white sheets. He wears a white hospital gown. Oxygen mask is placed in Jae’s mouth to aid him breath. Tubes are attached in his hands and the beeping sound of the heart monitor doesn’t help in easing his heart at the sight.

Yunho can’t help also remember the time when Jaejoong has an accident and broke his legs but back then Jae was so alive and smiling even after all the pain. But now Jaejoong is so weak-looking and even a touch seems will break him.

Hyunjoong looks at him and tries to wipe away his own tear. He coughs. “You come. I will just leave you two…”

“No, stay.” Yunho says making Hyunjoong sit again in his chair. “I-I- I owe you an apology. Sorry, I was just not in myself. And you have been a big part of Jae’s life and I thank you for that. Thank you for being with him during the lawsuit, I know you where there to comfort him. Thank you for helping Jaejoong all this times” Yunho sighs as he feels a lump forming in his throat again. “I-I was mad probably mad because I wish it could have been me… the one who will take care of him… watch over him”

Yunho sits in the couch away from Jaejoong and slumps his face in palms. He rests his elbows in his body shakes for the impending river of tears.

Hyunjoong sits beside the older man and put an assuring hand to his back. “I should have been there for him”

“It’s alright Hyung. I myself am so late to know… He-he got it since he was in Vietnam…”

Yunho could remember, it was so ridiculous for reporters to report about Jaejoong’s rash but more than that was a worst thing. No one knows. But all this years: the losing weight and the weary look, why did they not notice something. Maybe it’s because of Jaejoong’s smiles and his big heart.

“Jaejoong is really babo… enduring all this time… It’s so like him to do”

Hyunjoong hugs the older man as Yunho continues to sob. Hyunjoong as well cries, feeling helpless.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

News Flash

Chrome Project is postponed because of the hospitalization of two members of Dong Bang Shin Ki: Kim Jaejoong and Shim Changmin. But despite this the fans all over South Korea and all over the world are expressing their deepest understanding. Though the coordinators are already ready to give back refunds, fans insisted to not to bother anymore and in return wants to have the money used for the hospitalization of the two members.

Shim Changmin, is now free from danger however the oldest member Kim Jaejoong is still in danger because of a disease the family and friends will not allowed to be disclosed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Many days have passed and Jaejoong is still not awake. From time to time he receives some test to determine the spread of the virus. His medications and treatments are continuous. And there is a sign of progress, at least the spread is prevented but the sign of becoming healthy is a little far.

All of the people are suggested to go on with their life for it is not healthy to hang on like this. They must go on no matter what.

So from time to time members visits simultaneously, sometimes together, nevertheless their lives are almost robotic all they can think of their brother being confined in the hospital.

Changmin went of the hospital after a month but he still being mobilized by a wheelchair but getting better nonetheless. With that, Changmin and Yunho ran their papers of resignation in S.M. But unlike before, S.M. let them be this time. Probably after all the loss of money on previous lawsuit, they didn’t bother anymore. Maybe Jaejoong’s situation and the change of S.M.’s management bring about their being loose on the HoMin’s case.

Changmin decides to pursue masters after he got healed and be lost from the limelight for a while. Yoochun and Junsu continue in their career as solo artist both in Korea and internationally – this time minus the dance music and more to music. Both of them have their own acting career also.

Yunho for a while decides to be choreographer until he is called for military. He don’t want to leave for military, one reason is he wants to see Jaejoong wake up first. It’s not long also that Yoochun and Junsu were also called for military.

Changmin escaped because he of the injuries he received from the fall, so there are perks from falling from 8 feet lift.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

But time went out so fast and months turns to days before the impending military training. And finally here he is tomorrow is his entry. He looks at the sleeping figure of Jaejoong. Jaejoong has longer hair now like the hug days but his sisters really made him neat as they shave Jaejoong’s stubbles clean. Jae still looks very young.

It’s better now as the oxygen mask is getting smaller, before it’s covering both his mouth and nose. Now he only has one in the nose. The doctor said it’s a way of making Jaejoong less independent of the machines. The doctor also says that Jaejoong is getting better again it’s so slow. But the doctor still says that it could change depending on how the virus will react for further medication.

“Jaejoong-ah, wake up already. You don’t know how these people work their butts out for you. If you could only see the amount of medicines they inject you”, Yunho slides his hands in his hair. “I have lesser hair now. You should see. It might make you laugh.” Yunho chuckles. “I miss your laugh BooJae, your eyes that stares on nothing when you are in deep thoughts, and also your cooking. Hah, imagine my life in camp, I pray they cook like you or else I’ll in starvation”

Jaejoong didn’t respond. Whom am I kidding? I pray when I go back you’d be up standing my friend. He holds Jae’s hand while letting himself cry softly. Suddenly 3 people hugs him from the back and he turns around it’s his other brothers.

That night they just talk to Jaejoong like he is awake. Changmin keeps making fun of his hyungs’ hairstyle. Unlike the first months of Jaejoong’s coma they’re so sad, right now they could laugh and talk to Jaejoong because they know that their hearts still connects. And finally when the evening is about to end the 4 members bid their goodbye to their hyung. All of them kissed Jae’s forehead, a practice that they have accustomed to do lately.

Yunho looks back for the last time.

You better be awake when we go back sleeping beauty. Four princes, are waiting for you to wake up.

 

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

last chapter is coming up... don't miss it

thank you for reading my fic....