Meeting Again

If We Meet

Today is another Music Bank show and of as usual before the show are the rehearsals. Yunho and Changmin chose to come with some of SM artists. Some are old friends like some members of Super Junior and others are rookies like Generation. The two young men dressed in their t-shirts and jeans are freely talking to some of Super Junior members when they heard some foreign music. Well it sounds foreign because it is in English and beyond that the style is not the usual K-Pop formula. The song is a dance song but the tune is almost like European.

 

And low and behold when they entered the Music Bank stage JYJ is already rehearsing with their dancers - some are Koreans but others are Americans. It’s not new to them that JYJ has American back-ups but to be to actually seeing them here and about to appear in Korean television is something.

 

JYJ and the dancers are dancing laxly and smoothly. Of course, Junsu is an exemption, always putting everything when he’s in stage. All three are oblivious of the new audience they have.

 

Yunho noticed how the three dances and he could not help but notice how Jae improved in his dancing. He could still remember the number of times Jae would fail to remember some routine, and if not, having a hard time executing it. But the Jae in front of him seems almost foreign. Now Yunho wondered if how much changes happened on Jae. Junsu still so passionate. But Chun seems out of it. Yunho could notice Chun’s red nose. Chun’s asthma is probably acting up again.

 

Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu just sang with their perfect English and dance routine until they reached the very finally where in a turning part they finally notice the crowd. With that, the three stop in their dancing, turned to face the new comers and slightly bowed acknowledging the people. Jae has a polite smile in his smile. Junsu, as usual has a huge smile in his face. But Chun on the other hand just nodded his head but somehow appears uncomfortable.

 

This is the first time that all five are seeing each other in one place after a long time. After all this time of a game of hide and seek with fate, they are able to meet up. There are many times they’re almost so close, whether they are in the same country or same room, and yet in the end they don’t meet. And now, this is the moment.

 

Everybody in the room is a little tensed. It’s like a cold air surrounded the studio. Even the crew who are busy arranging and fixing everything somehow slows down in their job.

 

 Changmin is wearing a poker face but still responded and bowed. But Junsu could feel the chill of the maknaes gaze. With this, his so bright smile turned into awkward one. After all they lost a lot after they left.  Yunho is glaring to Jaejoong with a slight intimidating gaze. Jaejoong has hurt in his face though he tries to hide it with his smile, knowing what’s probably in Yunho’s mind. Chun always has been an emotional one but this time surprisingly his quite calm and moved closer to Jaejoong. Put his arm around Jaejoong’s shoulder and whispered something in Jae’s ear. Jae smiled at Chun. Chun is leaving the stage and Junsu followed but surprisingly Jaejoong moved closer to Yunho. Chun is surprised and stopped in midstep down the stairs.

 

“Oremaniyo”, Jaejoong chirped when he reached Yunho.

 

“Uhnn”, Yunho nodded and pretend to look pass Jae. “I think it’s our call. We are about to rehearse next, so excuse me”, Yunho walk pass Jae followed by Changmin. Yoochun and Junsu saw the whole thing. Junsu is so worried but Chun is a little tight lipped and fuming in anger. In all honesty Chun is so pissed but for the sake of professionalism he controlled his temper.

 

Everybody went back to their business. Even the entertainers went back to what they are doing a while ago. But some whispers and talks broke from each corner.

 

 Junsu and Yoochun went to check on Jae.

 

“Hyung?”, Junsu asked.

 

“Hyung, how about some fresh air?”

 

“Yeah, I could use some. Chun-ah, how about your fever is it getting well?”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Music Bank is already recording. There is a small TV. on the waiting room and Yunho and Changmin is seeing each performance as they themselves are readying themselves, all their label mates are doing a good job. Then unlike other performance the set changed into a very dim lighting, and then a hunting tune rang out the studio.

 

I want you in my plans bab—y yeah

I want you in my plans baby---y yeah

 

Jaejoong’s voice woken the heart of many and the lights went brighter.

 

It’s the song I.D.S. Yeah they know this of course. They themselves snuck some copy of this and listened in their dorm. The two didn’t talk when they first heard the song and after that they just put their copy of the dvd in the dvd rack. Never did they again talk about the songs or DVD, not even once.

 

 The performance is so amazing. They used Korean female ballet dancers wearing a rockish version of a white tutu and white mask. They are doing some formal ballet and with a mix of slick modern interpretative dance. Wow, who could have thought of this stage? Well, it’s a known fact the three actually control much of their performances now – from the dancers, the lighting, the costumes and even the budgeting.

 

Yunho tried to look away every time the camera is zoomed to Jae, but Yunho could not help but notice the passion Jae is giving to the song, almost like talking to him, no, to both him and Changmin. He’s not naïve, he knows Jae composed this for them. Jae is always has been a warm person but sometimes harsh in decisions.  Seeing Jae like this and knowing he’s just in the other room makes Yunho want to forget everything but his ego doesn’t want to end like this. Yunho has always been firm in his principles and this doesn’t stop here.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Jae on the other side of the studio is pouring himself to the song. The song he wrote. I want you in my plans.  These words still holds in his heart. Along with the words Always Keep The Faith. But actually he doesn’t know about how good his decision this time. Surely he will be hurt and the others will be hurt but it’s about time and it tears him apart each moment that time is wasted being apart.

 

They would all be working again for just a few days now hopefully everything would turn out fine.

 

After the long wait JYJ is now appearing on Korean television show so they all pour out their best and express their excitement and joy in their performance. But they still have the bittersweet feeling after the long time of being banned. They have done their best to be back to the scene, but they all felt it’s the beginning again.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Their Korean song ended and next the English song, titled Gazebo. It’s very different but everyone could see that the crowd loved it and JYJ chants are heard during the instrumental parts. Music Bank who seldom shows crowd shots did this time and in the crowd are some Caucasian fans with JYJ banners.

 

Changmin got a little irritated.

 

‘Damn, they return and somehow looking as heroes when all this time we are treated like traitors’ Yunho thought.

 

Yunho stood up and went to the washroom. He tried to muffle his frustration inside the cubicle as he hit the door and anything that he could get hold of. He closed the lid of the toilette and sat in frustration. He is in the middle of deep breaths when he notices something on the floor. It is squire and white. When he got hold of it, it is a neatly folded handkerchief but there is brown stain in it. When he opened it, it is blooded. ‘What the?’ He knows almost all the people in the studio because of UAM. A worried formed in his face. Yunho has been in the industry for long and he knows there is a much possibility of injuries and worst case some beatings. Is someone hurt?