The Reality

Memories of the Past

 

I could hear singing in the distance, the voices blending to make one heavenly sound. Hearing it makes me feel calm. The voices seem familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I opened my eyes and as soon as I did, a light blinded me that I had to blink a couple of times. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I slowly observed my surroundings. I was in a rather small room. The only furniture that I could see was a closet near the foot of the bed, a bedside table on my left and the bed itself. 
 
I tried to sit up but pain shot through my whole body so sudden I collapsed back on the bed and had to breathe a couple of times.
 
"Oh, you're awake dear. Thank goodness"
 
I look up to see an elderly woman walk into the room with a tray in hand.
 
"You were out for a long time we thought that you were dead" she added as she placed the tray she was carrying on the table.
 
My stomach grumbled loudly at the sight of food. I could feel my face heating up in embarrassment.
 
"Oh, you must be hungry. No wonder, you've been out for 4 days" the elderly lady informed me.
 
I sat up despite the pain. 4 days? Seeing distress in my face, she helped me sit up and propped me up against the headboard.
 
I quietly finished the meal she brought for me. Nothing fancy, but it was good nonetheless. While I was eating, she excused herself, leaving me to my thoughts again. Drinking the water made me realize how thirsty I was. I gulped it down and rested for a moment.
 
She came back to get the dishes.
 
"Are you okay, now dear?" she asked, genuine concern laced in her voice.
 
"Yes, ma'am. Thank you very much" he said.
 
"But, can I ask you one thing?" he cautiously added. the elderly woman nodded.
 
"Where am I? What happened?"
 
"You don't remember? You were sprawled on the ground in front of the building. We thought you were dead but saw you breathing so we brought you inside. We didn't know what happened before that" the elderly woman explained.
 
"Ahh, so that's what happened. Thank you for taking good care of me. I'm sorry for causing you trouble" he said. He tried to give a bow but winced instead as pain shot up his body.
 
"Don't worry about it, dear. Rest as much as you can" she said, helping him lay back down.
 
"But can I ask you one more thing?"
 
"Who am I?"

A/N: Hi! Oh my, I'm really sorry for the late update. This was supposed to be posted a few days agp. I thought I had already posted this but it seems it slipped my mind.

Anyway, I'm so sorry this is so short. But I'll be posting another chapter again soon.