The Effect 1

Memories of the Past

Let's explore how the members cope with the situation

 

"No, I refuse. No. Just.. No" Eric slammed the table in frustration. He's been working on the rap parts of their next album and its not going well. They've been arguing on where to put in the rap, whose part its going to be and how its going to be recorded. And so far, the producer and his opinion don't match.

 
"We need to divide the parts as how we've been doing since 1998. Me, Junjin and Andy. Even if Andy's not here, we need to consider him no matter what" Eric argued further.
 
"Why would we even consider someone who's not here? Don't you get how illogical that is?" the producer interjected.
 
"We don't need logic here. That's how we've been doing our albums since the beginning. 3 singers, 3 rappers. If you don't get the logic in that, then we don't have an album to record" Eric began to pack his things, shoving them back into his bag. Giving one last glare to the producer, he slammed the door shut and walked out of the recording studio.
 
You don't get to argue with me, Eric thought.
 
Eventhough Andy isn't here, he still wants Andy to be included.
 
We'll do this for us, especially for Andy
 
That's what they agreed on, the members. So he knows the members have his back on this one.
 
If its loyalty or guilt that's making him do this, he doesn't know. All he knows is he has to do this at least. For Andy.
 
Those producers wouldn't understand anyway, so why do they even try?
 
He gripped the straps of his backpack as he walked out of the building and into the streets.
 
...
 
Hyesung is deep in thought. The guilt in his heart is eating him up from the inside. He still couldn't believe what they're doing. Lying to the company, lying to their fans, lying to themselves.
 
Its taking a toll on him but he couldn't even let it show. They go on as if nothing happened, telling everyone Andy is just overseas, studying with his family and will come back soon.
 
But Andy isn't coming back.
 
No one comes back from the dead.
 
Hyesung knows they couldn't continue with this farce. Its only a matter of time before someone discovers their secret.
 
...
 
MinWoo faces a setback. 
 
He can't focus on making the choreography for their next song like this. He keeps on thinking about that night.
 
The night Andy died.
 
He still couldn't believe it. Their maknae, their eye-smiling cute little maknae.
 
"MinWoo, are you okay? You've been spacing out" one of their dancers asked him with worry-filled eyes.
 
"No, I'm okay. Just a little tired, is all" MinWoo answered, giving him a smile.
 
The dancer was still looking at him worried but accepted the excuse. Giving him a pat on the back, the dancers retreated.
 
After all the dancers left, MinWoo found himself sobbing his eyes out. All the emotions he's been keeping to himself, only now does he let them out.
 
"Andy... I'm sorry. If only... if only.. I could've.. saved you that night. I'm sorry I was... so weak" MinWoo said out loud in between sobs.
 
After some time, all the tears stopped flowing from MinWoo's eyes. He just lay there on the floor like a lifeless doll staring up at the ceiling.
 
He slowly got up and wiped the trace of tears on his face. 
 
Its going to be hard from now on so please give me strength Andy, he thought as he picked up his bag and turned off all the lights, calling it a day.

A/N: Hi I'm here again.. Right now, still writing up the next chapter. The last chapter probably shocked you so we are going to take things slower for the next two chapters. Don't worry, all will be revealed in due time.

Thank you again if you're reading this author note. And I hope you could leave a comment as to what you think about this fic so far. ^_^