The Present

Memories of the Past

"Let's take 5 everybody" MinWoo declares as he stops the music to take a bottle of ice cold water from the little fridge in the corner of the practice room. Shinhwa is having their tour in a few months marking their 15th anniversary in the business and everybody is busy preparing for it.

Everybody collapses to the floor as soon as the music stops and just lay there. MinWoo's been working their asses hard for a couple of days and the members are exhausted, to say the least.
 
"Hyung, I don't think 5 minutes would do it. More like 5 hours! Can we just relax for the rest of the day?" Junjin voiced out what the other members were thinking but never said a word.
 
"But-"
 
"Come on, Minbong. When did we ever take our practice seriously? Let's just rest today. You've worked hard" Eric finally said, still lying on the floor. All the other members nodded, each taking gulps of water to quench their thirst.
 
MinWoo can't help but sigh. He wanted to have a great stage and made the other members practice hard. He also still needs to work on the new album. Guess a few hours break wouldn't hurt as he finally gave in. Once the leader would say something about it, the rest would just follow.
 
"I can't believe its going to be our 15th anniversary soon" DongWan remarked, wiping his forehead full of sweat. 
 
"Yeah. And.. 12 years since that" Hyesung added.
 
The practice room became silent. All eyes went to their maknae, who has been silent all this while.
 
Noticing the silence just then, said maknae gave his famous eye smile to his hyungs.
 
"You guys still worry about that? I'm here now, aren't I? Just forget about it and focus on the future. No need to linger on the past"
 
The other members can't help but still feel guilty though. It affected all of them. 
 
That incident back in 2001...
 
 
 

A/N: Thank you again if you're reading this author note! I swear I didn't intend for this chapter to be so short. But it turned out that way. Thank you, btw, for anticipating the next chapter to this humble piece.

This fic is going to be a bit on the serious side with just a good amount of fun.

I will try to update every other day and I hope each update would be longer. I won't prolong the suspense as to what Shinhwa's secret's supposed to be. The next chapter would reveal what it is, if you could wait. ^_^

Next chapter's already written up, just proofreading it further.

Thank you again for reading and if you may, please do leave comments. ^_^