The Truth

Memories of the Past

 

late 2000
 
"Hyung, I... want to quit" Andy announced as soon as all the members settled down in the living room.
 
He told the members he was going to tell them something important that night that the others felt uneasy.
 
"What do you mean? Why?" DongWan asked what everybody was thinking.
 
"I'm just so tired of all this. This isn't the life I imagined it would be" Andy said.
 
"But we worked hard for all this! You especially worked hard to get your parents' approval and now you want to quit just like that?" Eric argued, almost shouting.
 
"I'm starting to think my parents were right when they disapproved before" Andy shouted back.
 
"We need to talk more about this, Andy-ah. We're worried about you" Hyesung interjected before it became a shouting contest.
 
"What's there to talk about? I've already made my decision. And I didn't ask for you to be worried about me"
 
"You stubborn bastard! We're here to help you! We're supposed to be a team!" Junjin wanted to punch the lights out of him had it not been for MinWoo holding him down.
 
"Jin-ah, calm down" MinWoo tried to calm his dongsaeng. Andy got up to leave when Eric grabbed him.
 
"You're not going anywhere, Lee SunHo. You stay put" Eric said in a commanding tone he only uses as the leader.
 
"I can't just up and leave. I'm just going to... return my rental car!" Andy reasoned, taking the car keys out to show to the other members.
 
"You know you're not a very good liar" Eric said as he got the car keys from Andy's hand.
 
"You can't keep me here forever" Andy countered as he stomped his way to his room and slammed the door shut.
 
"I'm going to ing dismantle that car if it means I'll keep you here with us" Junjin cursed as he snatched the car keys from their leader and headed down the parking lot.
 
"Jin-ah, think about this for a second" Hyesung said as he followed his dongsaeng with the other members in tow.
 
"Jinnie-ah, I know you're frustrated but this isn't the right thing to do" MinWoo added when Junjin opened the hood of the car. Junjin just brushed them all off.
 
The members wanted to stop him but they know Junjin. Once he sets his mind to it, he will do it no matter what.
 
....
 
The following morning, DongWan turned the television on to see the morning news.
 
"Yah! Andy's gone! He's not in his room anymore! That bastard" exclaimed Junjin behind him.
 
DongWan almost choked on his orange juice with what he saw on the news.
 
"Everybody! Come here! Quick!" he shouted.
 
"What's with all the ruckus so early in the morning?" Eric yawned. Junjin went into the living room dragging MinWoo and Hyesung with him.
 
"Guys, isn't that... Isn't that Andy's rental car?" DongWan asked as he pointed at the screen.
 
All heads turn to the tv screen. MinWoo reached for the remote to turn up the volume.
 
"A serious crash off the side of a cliff was reported at around 5 earlier this morning. The scene shows the car flipped over down the side of a cliff off the highway. The driver was found dead but remains unidentified. The driver had a lot of facial injuries and was beyond recognition. Also, no identification was found in the car. Investigators have yet to reveal the cause of the crash. Police are trying to establish whether the death was a suicide or an accident caused by mechanical or driver error."
 
The Shinhwa members all stared at the screen in disbelief.

A/N: Aaaaaand here it is. I'm not sure this is very good but this was what I came up with. Also, I wanted to thank my best friend, my muse, for giving me more details to come up with this chapter. Thank you, girl! I know I could always count on you.

So, yes. This was what happened that fateful night. I made some changes throughout the fanfic. 

Thank you to all you readers out there! I hope you can forgive me for making you wait this long just for this.

As always, comments are highly appreciated. And thank you once again if you're reading this author note. ^_^