The Return

Memories of the Past

 

I opened my eyes that morning and remembered my past. I was Shinhwa. I AM Shinhwa.
 
I jumped out of bed and went downstairs to look for ahjumma.
 
"Ahjumma! Ahjumma!" I called. I found her in the kitchen, cutting up vegetables.
 
"Oh son, you look awfully giddy in the morning. Did something happen?" Ahjumma asked.
 
"Oh ahjumma. I.. I remember who I am now" I said, on the verge of crying. I was so happy.
 
"Oh son, I'm so glad you can remember now. I could finally see your real smile" ahjumma said, offering me a smile as well.
 
"Thank you so much, for taking good care of me these past few months. I'm sorry for being a burden" I said, feeling sad all of a sudden.
 
"No, don't think too much of it. What are you still doing here? You should be heading home, don't you think?" ahjumma said, wiping the tears from the corner of my eyes. I gave her one last hug before heading out.
 
"I'll visit you one day! I promise!" I shouted, waving goodbye to everybody.
 
Thank God my hair grew longer as I headed out. At first, I was afraid that I would get recognized. But walking down the street looking nothing like how I used to, I walked with much ease.
 
I boarded a bus heading to our dorm. My heart won't stop beating like crazy. What will the others say? I'm sure they'll be shocked. Without noticing, I arrived at the building where our dorm is.
 
I walked inconspicuously up the now familiar (yet missed) stairs. My heart is still beating fast.
 
In front of the door, my feet won't take any step further. I was stuck there at the door like a crazed stalker would.
 
"You can do this, Andy" I said to myself. Taking a deep breath, I entered the passcode. I entered the dorm upon hearing the familiar sound of the door opening.
 
The dorm is dark. No one's home. Sighing in relief, I walked further into the dorm. Seeing everything is still the same as when I last saw it makes my heart ache. Its just been so long.
 
I walked into my room. The room has been cleaned up but my things were where I left them. Also, the bed looks like its been used, seeing as the sheets are new and the pillows and blakets were not put away.
 
Some things still hasn't changed as I already know who it might be.
 
The note was still left stuck on the mirror. The note I stuck there when I went out the morning after our argument. Sadly, what transpired that morning was still kind of a blur to me. I can't remember the details on how I got to where I was the last few months. I'm not sure if that is a curse or a blessing.
 
Upon seeing my phone, I immediately plugged it in. I waited a few moments to turn it on. Not even 5 seconds later when it rang.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Where are you?" I heard the familiar voice of Lee Soo Man sonsaeng. My heart began to beat furiously again inside my chest.
 
"I'm... at home" I hesistantly answered. Well, technically that IS true.
 
"Why are you at home?" I can hear the agitation in his voice.
 
"You better hurry here" Lee Soo Man sonsaeng added, not much of a threat but a threat nonetheless and hung up.
 
I felt more nervous then than when we debuted back in 1998.
 
I looked at myself in the mirror, noticing just then how unrecognizable I was. I immediately took a quick shower and shaved my face. My hair will have to do for now.
 
I hailed myself a cab, giving the cab driver the address Lee Soo Man sonsaeng had sent to me.
 
I'm coming guys, I'm coming, I thought to myself as we weave through the afternoon traffic.

A/N: And here is the second to the last chapter! Next chapter would be the last and then an epilogue. Sorry for the late update. The next chapter is already written up and just needs some proofreading.

Thank you to all the new subscribers! I hope you enjoy this latest update.

Comments are always love.. ^_^