The Dilemma

Memories of the Past

 

A serious crash off the side of a cliff was reported at around 5 earlier this morning. The scene shows the car flipped over down the side of a cliff off the highway. The driver was found dead but remains unidentified. The driver had a lot of facial injuries and was beyond recognition. Also, no identification was found in the car. Investigators have yet to reveal the cause of the crash. Police are trying to establish whether the death was a suicide or an accident caused by mechanical or driver error.
 
As the members look on, they couldn't utter a word. What had they done?
 
"We need to go and identify if that's-" DongWan started but was interrupted by Eric.
 
"And then, what? We would be on the headlines again for all the wrong reasons. We need to think this through!" Eric reasoned.
 
"Are you seriously concerned about that right now, Eric? We need to know if Andy's alive!" Hyesung said. His sleepiness gone the instant he saw the car on the news.
 
"Eric has a point but so does Hyesung. We need to know if that's really Andy but we can't just barge into the police station and ask about it. It will be publicized and questions will be asked. We can't have that right now." DongWan calmly pointed out.
 
"Jin-ah..." MinWoo noticed Junjin hasn't said a word. The usually outspoken member is silent.
 
Junjin stayed slumped on the floor as the other members argued on what to do. He's still waiting for someone to jump out and shout "This has been.. Shinhwa's hidden camera!". He kept silent as guilt ate him up from the inside. He felt miserable.
 
While all this was happening, Eric went to Andy's room. He noticed a post-it on the mirror.
 
"Guys, come here quick" Eric motioned the other members to the room.
 
"Guys, I'm sorry about last night. I guess I was just frustrated. Forget about what I said, okay? I didn't mean anything by it. I just stepped out to buy some food and to return the car. I'll be back soon, Andy" Hyesung read the note out loud.
 
The members are speechless. They wanted answers, but that was a cruel way of getting it.
 
Andy took the car and the car crashed. 
 
Andy...
 
"What are we going to do now?" Hyesung asked, still very much shocked.
 
"We need a plan on how to deal with this" Eric stated again.
 
That morning was spent in the dorm as all members felt drained of energy. For the first time in a long while, the Shinhwa dorm was peaceful. No banter, no roughhousing. Each member was in their own thoughts.
 
Eric was restless. As the leader, he needed to think one step ahead. If they reveal what happened to Andy, they might as well disband. But if they will not reveal anything, and if Andy doesn't show up for any schedules, they'd also be in big trouble.
 
Sighing in frustration, he got up his bed and went to the living room. He saw Junjin still in a faze. He doesn't know how the other feels but he can definitely imagine.
 
Gathering the others to the living room, Eric decided to share what he thinks should be done.
 
"Okay, you guys. I know this is hard but we need to do something. For now this is the only thing I can think of. We keep promoting as 5. But we'll just say that Andy went back to the US with his family or something until we figure something out. We're on a crucial time right now and we can't afford any mistakes"
 
"But, is this really the right thing to do? What if somebody finds out about this?" Hyesung worried.
 
"Nobody will find out if we just keep it to ourselves. For now, let's just all focus on our activities. I'll figure something out and just stick to that story okay?" Eric reiterated.
 
The members nodded. Although they don't totally agree with it, they know Eric has his reasons. He doesn't usually use the leader card but when it comes to serious like this, they can't argue.
 
And so, they promoted as the 5-member Shinhwa and released their 4th album. They made the excuse that Andy went back to the US to study for a while. They keep promising the fans that Andy will be back soon.
 
The members wish the lies would turn into truth if they keep on telling them.
 
But they all know it's just wishful thinking.

A/N: Hello again! So sorry for the late update. I was a bit busy with some things. Real Life sometimes.

Anyway, here is the next chapter! I hope you enjoy reading.

I feel like this is a bit rushed. I'm sorry for that in advance.

We are nearing the end of this fanfic.

Special thanks to my friend who encouraged me to keep it up. I love you, friend!

Thank you again if you're still reading this author note.

Comments are always appreciated.

^_^