The Trigger

Memories of the Past

 

I can't remember who I am. I keep having severe headaches whenever I think about something for too long. 
 
The ahjumma that's been taking care of me said they found me unconscious on the street outside the building. They couldn't find anything in my pockets either that could give any clues as to my identity. She was so kind (or maybe she pitied me for losing my memories) that she made me stay there. Usually I would decline but as I don't know where else to go, I stayed.
 
Its been days since I regained consciousness still, I couldn't remember a thing. It's as if my entire memory has been wiped out like a reformatted harddrive. I tried hard to remember something, anything. But everytime I do, all I get is a massive headache. After a while, I just stopped trying.
 
And so, it went on like that for days. Weeks. Months.
 
As they are letting me stay, I offered to help around the building however I can. My hair grew day by day that it reached my shoulders. During the day, I was all smiles for them to stop worrying. But when I'm alone in my room, the smiles eventually stop.
 
I feel so empty, so hollow. I couldn't remember most of my past (or anything at all), I don't even know my own name. Its devastating.
 
Whenever I close my eyes at night, I could always hear these voices. I couldn't make out what they're saying but somehow it feels familiar. Its the same song each time. I feel so relaxed whenever I hear these voices.
 
I was sweeping the backyard one afternoon when ahjumma came to me.
 
"Son, you should rest. You've been working around the building all day. You can stay in the lounge area today. I heard they're watching some special event later on" ahjumma gave me a smile as she went back inside.
 
I usually go straight to my room whenever I'm done with my work around the building. I guess I worried them by doing that so I figured I should stay in the lounge area. Its where the only television was in the whole building.
 
I can see most of the tenants gathered near the television. It must be something special for them to gather so close to the television.
 
I made myself comfortable near the corner. I can still see the screen and also prop my head on the wall. I brought my dinner for me to eat while watching. I was still busy unwrapping everything when it started.
 
The Guerilla Concert came on. 
 
"Since Shinhwa's debut in 1998 they released 4 albums and 1 winter album. This idol group is supported by the new generation. But right before releasing the 4th album, member Andy left the team. So Shinhwa had to stand as a group of five"
 
That introduction caught my attention. Unknowingly, I inched closer to the screen. The host introduced Shinhwa one by one. It seems all too familiar to me somehow, yet this is the first time I've seen them. Dinner was forgotten as I fixed my eyes on the screen.
 
Shinhwa is going to hold a concert, it seems. They started to promote all over the town they're in so they could gather 10,000 people to watch their concert.
 
Well, to me, it seems impossible. 10,000? That is quite a feat. But deep inside, I could feel something. I'm wishing for them to make it. Seeing these guys's effort made me feel... I still can't quite put it.
 
I'm starting to feel a headache coming but I stayed on my seat.
 
The screen now shows Shinhwa on the stage, all blindfolded. 
 
"Hello everyone! We are Shinhwa!"
 
My hand shot out unconsciously. This is getting weirder and the headache is getting stronger.
 
"Junjin-ssi, you were the one who wanted to do this the most, weren't you? Why did you want to do it so bad? You've been waiting for so long" asked the host.
 
The one called Junjin couldn't answer as he was obviously holding back his tears. I couldn't quite put it but my heart ached too as I looked on.
 
"I'm sure you have a lot to say that you weren't able to say before so today we'll give you the chance" the host said.
 
"Jinnie, Dongwan, Hyesung, Eric who are here and Andy who we want to be here... I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you" MinWoo said, trying to hold back his own tears.
 
"It was because of the members that I could bear the last 4 years. But lately, I haven't had the chance to express my love. I love you guys" Junjin said, still trying hard not to cry harder than he already is.
 
My headache became worse that I had to shut my eyes and clutched the sides of my head. I stood up, hearing screams from the television. I guess a lot of fans came to the concert after all.
 
I wasn't able to finish watching as I dragged myself up the stairs and into my room. The headache was so intense it feels like my head is about to crack.
 
I took the painkillers I hid under my pillow and tried to calm down. As soon as I closed my eyes, I could see a lot of things.
 
A stage, a room with mirrors, a car. All these things flashed in my head like a movie being played.
 
Are these, are these memories?
 
I eventually fell asleep. And as I woke up the next morning, I knew. I knew who I was.
 
I was Shinhwa's Andy.

A/N: 

And here is the latest chapter! I'm really sorry for the delay. I was caught up in RL that I had a long time writing this chapter up.

We really are near the end.

Thanks for reading and I hope you stick around!

Comments are always love. Thanks for reading! ^_^