014

He's Charming

 

The door closed behind them and Eunhye could suddenly feel how cold it is inside her apartment, now that it is very much empty. She flinched when she could feel Taehyung’s presence nearing behind her. 

 

“ So, was he your boyfriend ?” He directly asked. 

 

Eunhye scowled in return and hurried over to the big box containing her stuff in the living room. She begins to slam her stuff angrily without saying a word. 

 

Taehyung, however, didn’t drop the subject. 

 

“ Wow, I can’t believe you’re dating a celebrity. This could be big news! Imagine all the headlines- “ 

 

At that moment, she swears he was doing it on purpose to piss her off. 

 

“ Shut up. I’m not dating him “ she snarled at him but he only smirked back. She just wants to wipe that smirk off of him badly because it begins to irritate her so much she wants to kick him and strangle him until he begs for mercy. 

 

“ Your glare is intense. Drop it “ he said, lowering her head with his finger. She didn’t realize how close he was until she looked up after shaking her finger off of her hair. They stood like that for a moment and stared at each other. Only when Taehyung slowly grins that she pushes him away from her. 

 

“ Don’t mess with me. I’m not in a great state to be dealing with your nonsense” she said turning away to pick up the boxes from her room. He followed her. She was about to yell at him when he picked two boxes in one go and brought it out without saying anything. Eunhye purses her lips and walks out. 

 

She looked at her room where it was filled with EXO posters before and the living room which he had personal time with Sehun more than she would ever imagined in the past. She sighed and turned to leave the apartment, closing another filler chapter in her life that was meant to be temporary. 

 

 

 

Surprisingly and much to her comfort, Taehyung didn’t pry further as he helped her carry the box downstairs and even loading the stuff into Mrs. Kim’s car which he  will be driving her. “ Thank yo- “ she was about to thank him after he closed the car boot but Taehyung just spun and left to the driver’s seat, leaving her stunned and embarrassed. 

 

She bit her lower lip, suppressing her anger and stomped her feet as she walks over to the passenger’s seat. 

 

As she closes the car door, the car is dead silent as Taehyung starts the engine and checks what’s necessary while Eunhye sat there, annoyed. 

 

He glances at her as he turns on the heater. “ Do you expect me to buckle you up?”, he suddenly spoke. Eunhye took a short look at him who’s directly looking at her and coughed. Then, she pulled on her seatbelt and quietly buckling it. 

 

Taehyung didn’t say anything and started driving. 

 

Along the way, she was sure she was about to fall asleep when he suddenly decided to be a busybody person again. 

 

“ So, what’s your relationship with that superstar ?” 

 

Eunhye rolls her eyes at the tone of mockery from his voice. “ Why do you bother so much? “ she groaned , closing her eyes as she tries to sleep. 

 

Taehyung chuckles and she didn’t expect it to sound so beautiful to her ears. She instinctively glances at him and examines his side profile. Not only his voice is beautiful, his face is too. 

 

She almost choked on her spit when he looked back, catching her off guard. Her face grew red, as if it’s a big blow to her ego and she faces the front —her whole body rigid. 

 

She heard Taehyung quietly chuckles under his breath and she cursed at herself for being such an idiot. 

 

“ You’re not going to tell me? “ he pried further. 

 

“ Mind your own business “ she replied cold, looking out of the window in the cold city of Seoul. 

 

“ You know I can just write online about him and you. It will create a commotion !” , he states while laughing. Eunhye swears this guy takes everything as a joke. She rolls her eyes and turns on her phone to see messages from her parents and a lot of missed calls from Sehun. She sighed. 

 

“Hey” Taehyung called. 

 

“ You won’t do that” she replied, tired as she leans by the window, her cheeks hitting the cold window. 

 

“ How are you so sure? “ he said with a glint of playfulness in his eyes although he was fully focused on the road. 

 

“ You don’t look like someone who would do that “ 

 

That left Taehyung quiet all throughout the ride. 

 

 

 

 

 

After she settles back in her parents house and thanking and acknowledging Taehyung’s help, she could finally have her time to rest and be alone. All her other younger siblings are in the living room . They know that it’s best to give her some time for herself after dinner. 

 

She checks her phone again. There’s no more missed calls from him. 

 

But there’s loads and loads of messages from him. 

 

She sighed. It feels weird how much things has changed. She wouldn’t expect that after so many years, even after he became a popular celebrity , he would still be able to come into her life. The way he keeps asking for her, calling her and leaving her messages is like they’re in a close relationship when it’s totally not the reason —at least that’s what she thinks. 

 

All this time, they were acquaintances at best. He would spend time with her when he’s bored and when he wanted time and place to escape from his celebrity life. She had known for a while, he must’ve had something on his mind as how he was constantly living his dorm room. And she provided her that. 

 

Out of pity? Out of friendship? 

 

She doesn’t even know because she doesn’t think they were even friends. He was an idol and she was a fan. 

 

But deep down, she let him be because he used to be someone special to her, someone close to her and someone she held dearly in the past. 

 

 

 

“ “ Sehun cursed. 

 

His hyungs had noticed how much Sehun had changed for the past weeks. He would look restless, he would stare at his phone all day long and he would curse the same thing non stop. They were worried because he also have been missing practice and even when he was present, he kept messing up their dances. 

 

They had noticed it for a while now but only this past week was this case became severe. Sehun had gotten scolded by their manager over countless times a day. His hyungs are super worried if some action will be taken against him. 

 

After all, they only think that Sehun is going through puberty. 

 

 

 

 

The next day however, they think it’s about time they step in. 

 

Sehun had messed up their dance for the nth time already and they haven’t even got to a quarter of their choreography. Because of him , the whole team was affected. The choreographer and their manager got super pissed. 

 

“ Oh Sehun! Get yourself together! This comeback is in 2 freaking months! You guys have so much more  to do!” 

 

As always, Sehun would bow down with an exasperate sigh as he knows he messed up again. It was a sight to see their fellow member getting yelled at but they know the manager’s anger was warranted. This has been going on for weeks now. It has to stop or Sehun will might be called from the higher up and it’s certainly not good for them. 

 

“ I’m sorry “ he apologized. 

 

“ Don’t just say sorry! Improve! Focus! “ the manager yelled until his face got super red. 

 

Suho decided to step in. “ I’ll talk to him “ he said, saving Sehun as the manager took one last look at him and left the room. 

 

“ We’ll take 10 minutes break “ the choreographer said and left the room too. 

 

After both of them left, all the other members let out a sigh like they were holding themselves the whole time from making any sound. 

Sehun was about to leave too when Xiumin stops him. “ You’re not gonna disappear again “ he said. 

 

“ Did you hear what he just said ?!” Kai groaned, frustrated with how his friend is behaving. 

 

“ What has gotten into you? “ Baekhyun asked. 

 

Sehun didn’t bother reply to any of them as he repeatedly apologized again and again to them. 

 

Suho sighed. “ Are you seeing anyone? “ his voice came out quietly. The other members were shocked by the question as well as they look from Suho to Sehun a couple of times. 

 

Sehun finally looks up to see all s’ eyes are on him. 

 

“ N-no “ he replied while stuttering. 

 

“ Damn, did you stutter? Are you really seeing someone? Oh shi- “ Kai started to talk so fast that Kyungsoo has to shut him up. The other members waited for him to respond. 

 

He shakes his head vigorously this time. “ No no no” he said, this time it was believable. 

 

“ Then, what? Did you got dump? “ Kris asked and all attention was back on him. 

 

Sehun was quiet and begin to space out again when Baekhyun started yelling. “ Oh my God. He really did got dumped!” 

 

His face got red and said “ It’s not like that! “ 

 

“ So it is because of a girl then “ they said in unison. 

 

Sehun didn’t know what to reply and then he heard the door clicked as the choreographer walked in again. They all scurry back to their positions. Before they resume their practice, Suho pat him in the back and said with a caring smile  “ Just remember we dreamed for this debut and success. We can’t let it all crumble down overnight “ 

 

 

 

 

 

That night, after they got back to their dorms, while Sehun was settling to sleep , he checked his phone again. As expected, there’s no messages or calls from her. She’s really determined to erase him from her life. 

 

He had thought about what Suho said. He knew if he was caught with a girl outside, it will create headlines and he will put s in trouble. He doesn’t want that. He knows how much s work hard for this success and he’s not going to be irresponsible to ruin it all because of one rumour. He had hoped the guy Eunhye was with wouldn’t open his mouth but he somehow is sure she would do something about it already. 

 

He smiled at the thought. 

 

Does this mean he just needs to erase her too? Erasing his escape partner ,whom he found peace from his insecurities of being a celebrity. 

 

It is not too late yet. The time is only 8 p.m. Chances are, Eunhye is still at the cafe for her late shift. 

 

He knows if he calls her number, she wouldn’t pick up. 

 

He dialled the cafe number and waited. A familiar voice spoke. She was the girl at the counter whom he had obtained Eunhye’s number from. 

 

Hello? “ 

 

“ I want to ask if I could speak to Kim Eunhye “ Sehun spoke, his voice suddenly got deep. 

 

There was a pause. It’s as if the girl recognised his voice. 

 

Oh. Eunhye doesn’t work here anymore “ 

 

This information got him off guard. “ Huh? “ 

 

“ You didn’t know? Eunhye resigned yesterday “ 

 

“ Oh, okay. Thanks” he hung up. He was staring at Kai’s back, who’s already fall into a deep sleep after dinner. Knowing him, he would probably woke up in the middle of the night to search for food again. 

 

He wanted at least, to talk to Kai about it. He would try to sound as vague as he could. Because he is clueless and confused. 

 

Is Eunhye really avoiding him that much? He still doesn’t think what he did would warrant so much hate from her. Or does he ? 

 

He tried his last chance. 

 

He pressed her phone number that he had saved as “ grumpy gurl “ and waited for her to pick up. He wished that he would hear her voice at the other end. 

 

The call didn’t even reach the voicemail nor did it rings a couple of times. 

 

It only had one ding and “ Sorry. The number you dialed has been terminated. “ 

 

She changed her number.  Eunhye is determined to get rid of him from her life. 

 

He took this hint to heart and let everything go.

 

 

 

 

 

~`

a/n; i think i am quite satisfied with this chapter. i am hopeful that i am able to update as much as i want. i will try and be more diligent haha. thx for reading and to new subscribers. i love you!

 

 

 

 

.