013

He's Charming

Chapter 13

 

It was very hard for Eunhye to live as normal the days after the funeral. She would sit in the room that she now shares with her sister for hours and just stare blankly at the wall. Her family grew worried. Eunhye was a cheerful girl although she hasn’t had much friends. Her mother would leave her food to eat but she wouldn’t touch it. The other day she was crying because she couldn't be there with her late aunt when she was in pain. Her mother grew worried and even take days off from work to take care of her. Eunhye also didn't go to school for days but her mother already informed the school about her situation. 

 

Even Hyun Soo came back home everyday now because she will only eat when her brother is there. Only him can convince her to eat. 

 

After almost a week of mourning, Eunhye finally managed to pick herself up. Her parents were surprised when she came out of her bedroom that morning with her school uniform on. 

 

“ I’m going to school “ she said without energy and bows to them. Her father quickly got up and said that he’ll send her . She follows without a word. 

 

In the car, Eunhye suddenly speaks “ I’m moving back home “ she said, looking out of the window. Her father looked at her using the rear mirror and nods. “ Yeah, sure, sure. " he said, still worried about her daughter’s wellbeing. 

 

When they got to the school, Eunhye got out. She bents a bit to talk to her father through the car window. “ I will come home after settling stuff about my apartment “ she said. Her father nodded. “ Okay, honey. Be safe “ he said and drove off. 

 

Eunhye walks inside the school gate. Everyone was having fun like always. They were joking around with friends —something she can’t relate to. She was never this carefree and open with her school friends. She does realized they found it burdensome but she appreciates that her friends still talk to her like normal. 

 

When she got in class, her seat-mates, also her friends, greeted her because they haven’t seen her for a week. “ Eunhye! Are you okay? “ they asked. 

 

She smiled brightly at them, her eyes growing smaller. “ Yeah! I’m fine. I was just sick “ she said , taking off her bag and taking her seat. 

 

“ What the- you made us worried! You didn’t even bother leaving us a message “ Bona said. Eunhye just grinned in return. She doesn’t feel like sharing something private. 

 

The class starts and she resumed her normal daily activities. 

 

 

 

 

 

“ Eh? I’m so sorry about that. Oh dear “ the landlord, Mrs. Kim came after Eunhye called her to inform that she’s moving out. When she heard that it was because she wanted to be with her family for the time being, she felt bad and started comforting Eunhye. Mrs. Kim knew about her late aunt through Eunhye’s mother. 

 

Eunhye forced a smile and nodded. “ Thank you for everything, Mrs Kim” she said as she stood by the door. She had some little more stuff to pack because her brother had picked up all her important things already. 

 

" It’s okay. Take your time, okay? “ she said. Mrs. Kim adores Eunhye. That’s why she agreed right away when Eunhye’s mother asked her a favour to let her rent Mrs. Kim’s apartment. That’s because when Eunhye was young, she used to help Mrs. Kim a lot at a store she handled and felt like she is such a nice girl. 

 

Someone came out of the apartment in front of hers. They both looked and the guy looked back at them and his eyes hovered a few seconds on Eunhye. She looks back blankly. 

 

The guy has his bangs covering almost his eyes. He’s wearing a black leather jacket and black jeans. He looks bored. 

 

“ There you are! “ Mrs Kim suddenly said and slapped him on the arms hard. The guy winced and hold his arm, rubbing it. It did looked painful. Mrs. Kim slapped Eunhye’s arm too once because of excitement. She could confirm it stings a lot. It’s her habit which is painful to the people around her. 

 

“ Ah what the- Omma… “ he whines and he looked pissed. 

 

“ I told you to come out earlier. What were you doing? “ she said. Eunhye watched them and her eyes rest on the guy. 

 

“ Introduce yourself” Mrs. Kim said, slapping his . 

 

He groans and rolls his eyes. “ I’m Taehyung “ he said, his voice was deep. 

 

Eunhye nods. Not knowing what to say much in this situation. He just looks back at her with eyebrows raised. 

 

Ah, I have to tell my name , too? She thought. 

 

“ Eunhye” she said. She wants to disappear into her apartment now to pack but it seems rude because Mrs. Kim is still here. 

 

Taehyung shrugs and Mrs. Kim beamed at Eunhye. “ He’s my son. He lived in Daegu with his aunt before but now he’s back “ she said, excited. 

 

Eunhye fake a laugh and nods while glancing at him. “ I see.. “ she said, as she thought that’s the only appropriate response. 

 

Mrs. Kim suddenly claps. “Ah, I called him out to help you with the stuff! “ she said and looked up to her tall son. He didn’t process. He just looks bored like he did since they first time he came out of his apartment. Eunhye didn’t know he lived opposite of her or maybe he really just moved in —like what Mrs. Kim implied. 

 

“ No! It’s fine. I can manage myself “ she replied, trying to sound as kind as possible. She really just want her time alone. 

 

“ No, dear. My son can help you “ Mrs. Kim insists. 

 

Eunhye fakes a louder laugh this time. “ It’s really fine, Mrs. Kim. I can manage- “ 

 

She was cut off when Taehyung walks to her and grab her by her upper arm while saying “ My mom doesn’t take ‘no’ as an answer “ he said with a low voice making her hair stood up. Then, she was dragged inside her apartment. 

 

She was sure before the door closed, she heard Mrs. Kim squealed. 

 

 

 

“So, where should we start? “ Taehyung asked. He’s standing in the middle of the living room with his hands in his pockets. 

 

Eunhye blew her fringe and let out an exasperated sigh. She glared at him. 

 

He raised his eyebrows at her, surprised at the change of attitude from her. 

 

“ Listen here, Taehyung-sshi. Since your mom isn’t here, I can just drop the nice approach. I can handle my stuff on my own so I would appreciate if you would just leave “ she said, looking straight at him. 

 

Taehyun smirks, which surprises her. He was looking at her with a playful look. 

 

“ I told you she wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer. She’ll bug me to death if she knows I didn’t do what she told me to. Let’s just get this over with , okay? “ he said, walking passed her towards the direction of her bedroom. 

 

She widens her eyes and ran to stop him. Taehyung stopped abruptly and looked down. She was only up to her chest. She had her arm out , not letting him pass. 

 

“ You can just help pack up stuff in the living room. I'll handle my bedroom “ she said and turned, her hair slapping his chest. She got in her room and slammed the door shut. Taehyung heard the door locked and chuckles to himself. 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung finishes putting the last item which is a pendrive into the brown box. He wipes his hand at the back of his pants and heave a sigh. Suddenly, the bell rings. 

 

He went over to the door thinking it was his mother coming to check up on them. 

 

When he opened the door, he didn’t expect to see whom he’s seeing. 

 

“ You didn’t pick up my call- “ Sehun said right when Taehyung opens the door. Sehun had his eyes wide when he realizes it’s not Eunhye and that his face is exposed under his cap. 

 

Taehyung let out an unbelievable laugh as he mutters “ Heol “. 

 

“ Who is it ?” Sehun heard Eunhye’s soft voice and was surprised as he looked over the guy’s shoulder. Eunhye looked shocked and Taehyung looked over his own shoulder and smirk at her. He looks mischievous and he stared at her with a meaning. 

 

Eunhye panics. She walks towards them and pulls Taehyung’s arm back from the door. “ You can leave now “ she said. 

 

“ Me? What about him? “ he asks, his eyes are filled with mischief as a smirk began to form on his lips again. He is having fun torturing her right now. Eunhye is fuming with anger and the grip on his arm tightens. 

 

“ Ow. Don’t hurt me “ he winced but he keeps laughing. 

 

“ Crazy bastard “ she mutters for him to hear and walked passed him. She pulls Sehun with him. At this point, she just hopes Taehyung doesn’t run his mouth to anyone about this. 

 

 

 

 

When they got to the stairs, which seem like a usual place for them to talk, Eunhye looks around to see nobody there and no CCTV. Sehun was still stunned. 

 

“ What were you thinking ?!” She hissed. “ You better wish that bastard doesn’t run his mouth or you and your group will get ruined with your first ever rumour!” She said angrily. Sehun was still looking down, he looked like he was thinking about something. 

 

“ Why didn’t you wear your mask like you usually do? . Your face was exposed to him “ Eunhye panics and bit her lip while tapping her feet, thinking about what they should do about it. 

 

“ Who was he? “ Sehun suddenly ask. 

 

She scoffs and claps her hands in front of his face. “ Sehun, wake up! That’s not the problem here!” She said. 

 

Sehun looks up and stares at her with a serious look. “ Answer me “ he said sternly. 

 

She just sighed “ He’s the landlord’s son. “ 

 

“ Why was he there? “ he asked. 

 

“ You don’t need to know “ she said, looking away. 

 

“ I want to know “ he said, taking a step closer to her. She stepped back and could feel the door close to her back. Damn, she doesn’t like this situation. It makes her nervous. 

 

She looks back up at him “ What are you doing here anyway? I thought I told you clearly to not show up in front of me again “ she said, her words covered with ice. Sehun’s forehead roughens and he bit his lip as he looks away. 

 

“ I felt like I needed to see you. I’m sorry I crossed the line but I really wanted to pay respect to your late aunt “ he said, his voice is much quieter now. It’s like he just wanted her to hear although there’s nobody is here. 

 

She gulped and turned her body to the side, making Sehun stepped back when he realized he was making her uncomfortable. 

 

“ I was serious when I said that, you know. Let’s not meet again “ she said, ignoring what Sehun said earlier as she opens the door and left him alone. 

 

He stood there dumbfounded. 

 

He quickly opens the door and followed her when he saw the Taehyung guy just now by the door with his one hand in his pocket looking at back at him, amused. 

 

Sehun watches as Eunhye got to the guy and he looks down at her before they left together inside her apartment. It drives him crazy to see that but he knows he just risked his career and s’ image just now so he forced himself to leave with a heavy heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

28/2/18

halo. im currently listening to Lost.& BREATHE... ehehehe i never thought i'd add another character lol.. but since im planning the story along as im writing it , it just wanted to add one to help me have more ideas. im sorry if you dont like the new character..in this house, we're multifandom keke .............. so what were you guys up to? did something good happened in this two months in 2018? i have nothing tbh..just pain and more pain... thank u to new subscribers..