Chapter IX

My Life, My Crazy Neighbors and My Lover [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey! Mina! It’s been a long time since the last time I saw and heard something from you! How’d you doing?”

 

‘I am great before this day come.’ I mumble to myself.

 

“Oh! I’m good. I am really good.” I fake a smile to show some kindness since she’s showing me some.

 

“You still look typical. I mean how Kim Mina dressed up! It’s been a while can we have a cup of coffee and catch things up?”

 

Does she have a memory loss? How come she can speak and talk comfortably and dare to offer a coffee with her? And what will we catch up? The things she used to do with me? How we used to be friends?

 

Remembering the past is no good for me. It makes me feel the pain again. The wound that time heals hurt again. Before I can say no and make an excuse I found myself been dragged into a near coffee shop. We sit beside the window and she ordered iced latte for the both of us.

 

“It’s nice to see again Mina!” Naeun was smiling brightly to me. I have nothing to say so I keep my mouth shut.

“Are you living around here?” I just shook my head hoping that she will be sensitive enough that I am not good around her.

“Oh I see . . .” she nods to herself and sip the coffee in front of her.

 

I can’t take it any longer sitting with her and acting like we are in good terms. I clear my throat and was about to say something but she interrupted me.

 

“I am sorry.” Naeun who’s looking at coffee lift her head and look into my eyes.

 

Did I hear it right? She’s apologizing?

 

“I know and I realized what I have done to you and I am sorry.” I saw her tears flowing from her eyes.

 

Is she really crying? Being sorry from she have done?

 

“I know that it will be hard for you to accept my apology or maybe you won’t accept it at all but I am lowering my pride to apologize. It will forever affect you the things I’ve done but I am hoping that you can forgive me. I am really sorry.” She was holding my hand and still crying.

 

I am really dreaming! Naeun was crying and asking for my forgiveness and admitting the things she has done? So Mina wake-up!

 

She sighs and gives me a piece of paper.

“Here is my number. I will not force you to forgive me today but I hope someday you will so don’t hesitate call me.” She gets up from her sit and leaves me there waiting for everything that happened to be absorbed by my malfunctioning brain.

 

 

I am not on myself while walking to the apartment complex. I am too occupied on so many thoughts. I want to know if she’s sincere or not. My train of thoughts was interrupted when I bumped into something. I looked up. I bumped into someone. I cannot clearly see that person’s face but I’m sure he was a guy. I only saw his silhouette since his head is blocking the street light. I bow and apologize to him and continue walking.

 

I am still thinking Naeun. Office and school works. Then I notice that I am walking on a wrong path. It seems so dark on this street. Now I am nervous. I look around to know where I am but I fail. So walked back and follow where I walked while ago. I saw two drunken men turn on the street. They look so scary so I avoided their gazes.

 

I walk on the other side of the street but I notice that they also crossed to the other side so I walked back instead and look for another way but they walk fast and call me.

 

“Hey Miss! You look like a loss kitten. Would you like some help?” I heard the man who looks like the same age me asked me. I didn’t looked back at them and continue walking with faster pace.

 

 But they’re fast and reached me. The man who called me while ago holds my wrist while another man who looks older than the other man snakes his hands around my waist. I tried to fight and defend myself but being held by two men there’s no use.

 

I am really scared at that time I cannot do anything. My whole body was limping. I cannot fight. They’re holding me tightly. I feel the cold wall from my back. They pushed me so hard that I groaned in pain.

 

“That’s a sweet moan baby!” the man who’s holding my wrist finally released my hand and cupped my face “I want to hear more!” I saw his ert smirk and was about to kiss me so I close my eyes tightly and praying that someone can help me.

I closed my eyes for so long but I feel nothing and like no one was after me. The touch and hands of the two men was no longer felt by my sensitive skin. When I opened my eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter