Chapter XVI

My Life, My Crazy Neighbors and My Lover [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I still cannot believe that Naeun will work on the same company I’m into right now.

 

“Anyeonghasseo Mina-ssi” she smiles and bow in front of me.

 

Now that she’s standing close to me, I am very sure now that this woman in front of me is Lee Naeun. The way she looked maybe quite far before but the way she act and speak, the way she dressed that almost exposed her body skin. The strong perfume that I know it’s her type.

 

“It’s been a while since the last time we bumped in the coffee shop and . . .” she gaze at me from head to toe “Your look change . . . I can say it’s a good change. Not bad.” She nods to herself to show that she was convinced on what she say.

 

 I look at Jin who is confusedly standing behind her. I stood up from the swivel chair I’m sitting in.

 

“Do you know each other?” Jin asked as he point to me and to Naeun.

“NE!” Naeun cheerfully answered “Actually we’ve known each other since grade school.”

“Ah I see. Well that would be good. You will have a good team work.” Jin nods to himself “Err . . . I’m just going to call noona” Jin head to the meeting office leaving me alone with Naeun.

 

“How are you Mina?” Naeun asked when Jin disappeared.

“As I said . . . I am doing . . . good . . .” I nod to myself.

“Well as I see . . .” she crossed her arms in her chest “You’re doing well.” She looked around and nods.

“Uhh . . . so what . . . sorry I mean how do you know this? I mean how do you found this job?” I curiously asked her.

“Oh . . . are you asking why I applied here?” she put down her arms walks to my table and lean on it “I am not into writing, you know that, but I am into fashion.” She crossed her arms “So I hope that we can get along well.” She straightened up and walk towards me “Let’s forget the past and start an over?” she lift up her hand and offered a handshake.

 

I hesitated to accept it at first. I am fighting with myself. I am not sure if I am really ready to forget the past and start a new fresh relationship with Naeun. We didn’t get along before maybe because we we’re both immature. But now that we grew up, things maybe change. Maybe today we were young ladies that are responsible on the things we are doing and deciding with.

 

I take a deep breath and lift my hand to accept the handshake. I gently shook my hand to her. I forcedly smile to show that I am glad to accept the things she wants.

 

“I hope this time we will get along well.” Naeun cheerfully shakes our hands.

 

Moments later, Jin and Eunji eonnie exited the meeting office. They both walked toward us. Eunji eonnie put down the pile of folder on her table and walked back the office lounge.

 

“Good morning Naeun-ssi” Eunji eonnie gretted.

“Anyeong. Good morning too Miss Jung.” She stood up and bow to eonnie.

 

“So guys, she is the one I am talking about yesterday. Lee Naeun.” she looked at me and Jin “Naeun-ssi this is Seok Jin Ah the team’s photographer and this is Kim Mina my assistant.” Eunji introduce us to each other.

 

“Anyeonghasseo! I am Lee Naeun-mida. I hope you will treat me well.”

 

“Surely we will treat you well since Mina is your good friend.” Jin snake his arm around Mina’s shoulder.

“Good friend with Mina? Oh what a coincidence. Well, now I am expecting a good team harmony.” Eunji held her hand together “Naeun should be under the fashion department but Miss L sends her to our team since we lack. She’ll do researches also and will work with us.”

 

Miss L is the team leader of fashion department and one of the administrative directors. They are responsible on the magazine’s theme. And they will coordinate with our team since we are responsible for the articles that should be written on the magazine. And one of our duty is to give them what they need, from the models, venues, sponsors, everything. Miss L is strict and she wants everything under her control and everything must be according to what she wants.

 

“Everyone is introduced; well I guess we should start.” She walks to her table and settle herself on her swivel chair. “And by the way, Jin the photos of places you’ve taken with Mina, you should get some more and it should be according to what Miss L requests. Understood?” Jin nods and walk to his table and fix his camera.

 

“Err . . . Na . . . Naeun I think I’ll tell you what you will do, since you will stay in our department for the mean time.”

 

Three hours of working in front of my laptop makes my eyes teary. Jin was out for the photos that Miss L needs while Eunji had a meeting with some sponsors. Naeun and I left on office. I am doing the letters that is needed for magazine’s contracts and as well as the articles for the month’s issue. While I am busy doing all the paper works, here is Naeun who doesn’t get tired of tapping her smartphone and reading fashion blog sites from her tablet, which I know she should currently working on the schedules of the model needed.

 

I glance at my wrist watch. It was almost three in the afternoon and I need to drop by to the market to buy some ingredients for Auntie Jiyoung before I get there to tutor Namjoon and his friends. I picked up my phone from by bag and dialed Eunji’s phone.

 

“Hello eonnie? Oh I already emailed the letters and articles and the journals. The rest I think I will finish it later this evening. I have to leave this early because I need to rush to the library for the books I need and also to do some errand for my Auntie.”

“Okay. But before you leave can you go to my table. On the drawer below the table, it’s on the right side, get the brown mailing envelope. Inside it was the ticket for Friday’s event. It was given to me by Jinah. Those are VIP ticket. Hand one to Jin. Be careful on your way. I’m hanging up first, my meeting will start shortly. Bye~”

 

Eunji eonnie is surely on rush so I follow her instruction. I walk to her table and open the drawer. There I found the envelope she’s talking about. She’s right it was a VIP ticket. Jinah eonnie has good connection

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter