Chapter XIV

My Life, My Crazy Neighbors and My Lover [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I want to close my eyes but I want to see what exactly he will do. Will he really kiss me? My heart beats so fast. The feeling is unusual. I should push him away but I can’t move any of my muscles. I don’t like to think anything on what he wants to do. But I can’t help it. This is the first time that a boy was so near to me. Will he steal my first kiss? Why would the hell I will think that he will kiss me? I mean, do we even consider each other as a friend? OH crap! Things happen so fast. I knew him not too long. But I feel he knew me for that short of time. I am really annoyed on his presence before but after I told him the story of my life there was a lot of changes whenever he’s around. I feel comfortable. Just like how I feel whenever Sohyun is around.

 

I can’t contemplate myself. My thoughts were clouding on my mind. There are some scenarios playing.

 

“How long you skip brushing your teeth?”

 

My eyes widened when I finally hear him spoke.

 

“What?” I pushed him away and saw a smirk plastered on his face.

 

“Your breath stink!” he scoffed.

 

I lift my hand on my mouth and slowly breathe out to check if my breath really stinks, because as I remember before Auntie Jiyoung leave she helped me on bathroom.

 

“Yah! I don’t have a bad breath! I didn’t skip or forgot brushing my teeth. I have proper hygiene for your information!” I scoffed to him “And why do you come close to me anyway?” I cocked my eyebrow to him.

 

The smirk on his face gone when I asked him “I . . . I . . . Err . . . I was . . . I was checking you out because you stared at me so creepy after I sing. It seems like you were on a different dimension so I do . . . make a way to get you back . . . yeah! That’s it.” He nervously rubbed his back of his neck and nods like convincing his self.

 

“Oh! Well . . . you sing . . . good . . .” I nod and turn my eyes on the laptop.

“This is the first time that I sing ballad and you will just tell me that it was only good?” he whines and sit back to my side again.

“Whoa! Yah! It’s not comfortable when you sit here. Go back to that seat.” I point at the chair beside the bed.

“No. Not unless you will tell me what I want to hear.” He fixed himself on the bed.

“What do you want to hear then?”

“How’s my singing?”

“So what do you want me to say about your singing?” I crossed my arms and looked at him.

“Well it’s my first time to sing ballad and it is the first time that I do it in front of a girl.”

“So?” I raised my brow to him.

“So I deserved the best complement.”

“Eh? Compliment?”

“Yes. Compliment.” I scoffed.

“Leave. I should take a good rest by this time.”

 

I shooed him away and I successfully pushed him out of the bed. I turn off my laptop then put it aside. Then I lay down and fixed my blanket.

 

“Yah! But at least tell me if you enjoy my song number?”

“Why should I enjoy it? You !” I sit then I turn back to him and put out my tongue.

“I told you, I will not leave here unless you will say something.”

“I told you, you ! If that’s what you want then suit yourself.”

 

I lay back down and fixed the blanket and shift my body to a comfortable sleeping position. I never hear the door been opened nor been close but I startled when Jiho turn off the light.

 

“Yah! If you will leave don’t turn off the light!” I sit back on the bed and looked at him settling his self on the couch.

 

“Aish! What do you want to hear? Okay fine!” I give up on his stubbornness “I like it.”

 

But he still lay down on the couch and put his arm oh his eyes.

 

“You sing well. I really like it. Ballad may not fit your deep voice but the way you sing it somehow in suits you. I hope I can hear you sing again.” I rolled my eyes and I hear him standing from the couch. He turns on the light and walked toward the bed.

 

“Do you mean it?” I looked at his eyes and I see a 5 year old child who looks really innocent.

 

I nodded and been surprised by his bear hug. I startled on the sudden contact but manage to be cool about it.

“Thank you.” He mumbles at his hug.

“I . . . its fine.”

 

Then he released me from his tight bear hug.

 

“But telling those things to me right now is too late. I have decided. I will sleep here tonight.” He walked back to the couch and fixed his self.

 

“But you can’t sleep there. It’s uncomfortable and you have no pillow and blanket.”

“It’s fine I have my bag as my pillow and my jacket as my blanket.”

“If that’s what you want.” I mumble and fixed myself on my bed.

 

 

I’ve been awaken by the nurse who’s attending me every morning. She wakes me up for my breakfast and morning medication. I squirm around and sit from the bed. The nurse offers another bland and boring porridge and an orange juice. I start slurping the porridge since I should eat the porridge if I want the nurse to leave me alone so I have no choice but to eat it.

 

“Uh excuse me” I am busy slurping on the hot porridge when the nurse lift a pink box from the table beside the bed “Are you done with this?” she asked while she’s raising the pink box “You cannot eat this neither drink the banana milk inside. The consuming time of these had already passed.”

 

I widened my eyes. I forgot that Jiho sleep on the couch last night. I looked over the couch near the door but Jiho wasn’t there anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter