Chapter VIII

My Life, My Crazy Neighbors and My Lover [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I snatched my phone away and tried to walk away but he stepped in my way.

“This time it’s not my fault.”

“What are you saying?”

“The first time we ran to each other you told me that’s it’s my fault so I should apologize, so I think it’s a little bit rude if you didn’t apologize to me. The fact that you are not paying attention on your way because you are busy tip tapping on your phone” as matter of fact that was how his tone was.

I scoffed and cross my arms “I don’t even remember that you did apologize with me when you ran into me.” I raise my brow and think of how will I escape the situation “We’re in a middle of pedestrian so I guess I’ll see you around baby!” I gently tap his shoulder and walk away like nothing’s happened. That was all I can think when I notice that we were in the middle of the way.

 

‘How dare he ask for me to apologize when he doesn’t even know how to do it?’

I mumble to myself while walking to the market.

 

After preparing the dinner for the boys and Nana I wait for Auntie to arrive. It’s past 9 when Auntie Jiyoung arrived and that’s the time I head back to my apartment.

 

I am walking to bus stop when I saw a familiar face. I am not sure if it was her since it been three years since the last time I saw her. I choose to ignore her and head to the waiting shed but I failed to be invisible in her eyes.

 

“Mina?” she called me. I was hesitating to turn around but I did look behind.

“Kim Mina?” she repeated and called me again with my surname.

“Oh! It’s really you Kim Mina!” I rolled my eyes and think sarcasm to respond but I choose not to talk so I just smile to her.

 

“Naeun!” I wave at her and she walks toward at me.

 

Lee Naeun. She is my . . . I don’t know how will I describe who was her. She was my classmate in high school. Yes she’s pretty. She is a certified man’s eye catcher. What should I say? I hate her. Yes I really do. Her look is really deceiving. We used to be friends. She is my close friend. Way back during high school days I was a nerd. I don’t have a lot of friend since I always moved to other school because of my parents work that’s why I didn’t have a lot friends. I first met her being our neighbor when we were on Incheon. At first she was really nice to me. Complementing me and telling nothing but good things. I thought she will be my best friend. But all that change when we get on the same school. I belong to the freak and she was belongs the clique. I am not totally nerd but I sacrifice some social thing when I need to focus on study. It’s best when you know what to prioritize. I didn’t mind it at first, she hanging around with what they so called “queenkas” and “kingkas” but what bothered me is that she neglect her studies. She’s failing all of her subject. So what I do? I offer myself to help her. What does she do? She make me do all of her home works and assignment. How great isn’t it? I just let it because maybe I can help her in this way. But the question is how long I will tolerate this kind of stuff. Then I realize am I really helping her? Or I am pushing her more to be irresponsible? Reality hits me. The next more days I fail to do her home works instead I offer her to have a little time studying with me. You know already the answer. Of course she says NO. Then I get tired of offering a helping hand to her so I ignore her. I thought this will make her realize but then again I failed.

 

Years have passed so fast. She didn’t change and we grew apart. I felt lonely but there’s nothing else I can do about it. Another school year starts. There was a new transferee in our school.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

I was running out of my lungs because I am getting late. I look at my wrist watch and held my bag strap tightly and run as fast as I can. The school building is peeking from afar. I only have less than five minutes before the bell rings. If I could fly I will. I felt that my legs were getting exhausted. I can’t even breathe. I have to do this or I will be late. Ms. Song my literature teacher will make me clean the theater once I will be late. I don’t want to clean that creepy theater alone.

 

I finally arrive at the school’s gate. I was panting badly. Now I need to go up stair to fourth floor. ‘I will die if I will be late every day because of running’ I irritated scold myself. I slow my pace because my legs and feet were dying for rest. It would not be bad if I will be late for a minute, maybe Ms. Song is still busy putting up on her make-up.

 

I am catching breathe, step by step I am taking some time to gran some little rest. Beads of sweat finally drip off from my forehead. I search my hanky on my pocket but found nothing. I release the strap of my bag and start searching if I put it on my bag. I am busy searching while walking. My attention was completely on my bag. Then I bumped into something hard. I heard someone groan. I look up and saw a big kitten. He smiled at me and he resembles a kitten lost and waiting for someone to be pity enough to take care of him.

 

“I . . . Sorry . . .” I shyly bow at him “I wasn’t looking on my way. I am sorry.” I bow at him again.

 

He just smiled and brings so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter