Part seven

The games we play (Lee Joon fanfic)

(Flashback, first date)

image

 

 


"Yah! Vanessa! Vanessa! I'll start singing!" I stirred in my sleep, diving underneath a pillow trying to muffle his voice.

"Vannessa wake up~ It's really cold outside, I'm freezing, but I'll keep waiting until you come outt!" He belted at the top of his lungs causing my neighbor's dog to bark. 

I threw a pillow at a general direction hoping it would shut him up. 

"Fineee! I guess I have to tell your whole neighborhood about how HAIRY YOUR LEGS ARE. SHE DOESN'T SHAVE THEM! SHE IS A HAIRY BEAST! SO HAIRY SHE MAKES A DOG LOOK BALD!" He laughed at his own joke.

I get up and march over to the window about to open it when my phone rang on my nightstand. I reach over and look at the screen, it was my neighbor.

"Hello?"

"Tell him to shut up!" She shouted then hung up. I threw the phone onto my bed and poked my head out of the window. The cold winter air came intruding into my room. I shivered and grabbed a sweater nearby. 

"YAH! PABO LEE JOON!"

image

 

"Yes?" He said smiling up at me. 

"How did you find my house and what are you doing?!" I shouted to him.

"Don't worry about that, just get dressed and come out here quickly! It's freezing." I roll my eyes at him.

"And what if I don't?"

"Then.." He said frowning. "Then I will wait here for you." 

"Have fun." I said slamming the window closed and jumping back into my warm bed. "Pabo." I snuggled with my pillow and closed my eyes beginning to drift back to sleep.

"Vanessaaaa~ Come out and play~" 

"AHHHH!" I stuffed my head in between pillows but I could still hear him singing. "This is what I get for being beautiful." I said to myself as I got dressed and brushed my teeth. I peeked out my window to see him still sitting on his bike rubbing his hands together. He had no mittens just a big scarf on. I rolled my eyes and went into my closet and grabbed my dad's mitten and stuffed them into my pocket. 

"What do you want?" I said standing on my door step.

"We are going on a date." He said simply patting his bike. 

"Who said I wanted to go with you?" I said still rooted in my spot.

"You did." 

"When did I say that I was going on a date with you?"

He chuckled and smirked at me, "Just now."

I frowned at him.

"Get it? Cause you just said' When did I say that I was going on a date with you' and you said I was going on a date with you..."

"Oh, I see. Makes sense." I said finally getting his joke. "That doesn't count!" I said frowning again. He got off his bike and rested it carefully on the curb and started walking up the steps. 

"Come on, you're already dressed." He pulled me by the sleeve of my coat.

"How am I gonna fit on here?" He pulled out another seat and patted it. "Don't you have a car?" 

"Yeah, but sometimes it is nice to breathe fresh air and exercise." He peddled up the hill without breaking a sweat. 

"Are your hands cold?" I asked him.

"Yeah, a little bit." he continued to peddle up the steep hill.

"Hold on." He said placing my hands on around his waist.

"Wait." I said pulling out the mittens in my pocket and giving them to him. He places his feet on the ground steadying the bike and smiles at me.

"Thank you." He said putting them on. "Are you holding tightly? We are going down the hill." I nod and he smiles and pushes us down the hill. The cold breeze kisses my face gently. I watch as his hair flies around in one perfect mess. On his face was a beautiful smile. I felt myself smile watching him enjoy the thrill of biking down a hill. 

"Wasn't that fun?" He asked me when we were back on flat grounds.

"Yeah." I said giggling at him. 

"Have you ever been to the beach in the winter?" He asked 

"No, why would I want to?" 

"You'll change your mind later." He smiled again making my heart leap. 

"You go ahead, I'll tie up the bike." I walked down the boardwalk leading to the sand. I stood by myself looking at the vast ocean in front of me. 

"Joon!" I yelled, but he didn't reply. I looked back at the ocean watching the waves kissing the bay. I stepped forward and let the tip of my boot touch the waves. 

"Joon?" I said again,but still no reply. I frowned and turned back to the ocean. This time I took off my boots and socks carefully letting my bare feet get use to the sting of cold air. I dipped my toe into the water and quickly brought it back. 

"Cold isn't it?" He said appearing behind me with a bag in his hand.

"What took you so long?" I asked putting on my socks.

"I got hungry, and you'll get sand in your shoes if you do that." He said noticing that I was having trouble balancing on one foot. "Hold this." He gave me the bag, I looked into it, it was sandwiches.

"Hey! Put me down! Are you always so stubborn!" I said frowning up at him. He continued to carry me until we reached the boardwalk. He placed me on a bench and kneeled down to help me put on my shoes. 

"Be careful I don't shave." I said kicking him with my foot. He laughed and shyly smiled at me. "Thanks." I said when he was done. I gave him his bag. 

We began to walk down the boardwalk quietly listening to the sounds of the beach. "ACHOO!" He sneezed into his arm. I looked at him feeling guilty.

"Sorry, you're probably sick because of me."

"Worth it." He said pulling my sleeve again and leading me into a coffee shop. "Do you want anything to drink?"  

"Yeah, just pick for me." I said taking the bag out of his hands and finding a seat. I watched the ocean from my window seat, hypnotized by how beautiful it was. I lived an hour away from the ocean,but I never get the chance to see it because of how busy I am all the time. One week in France and the next in some other country. 

"Mocha?" He said setting down at cup in front of me. I nodded as I watched him unwrap his scarf. "I didn't know what kind of sandwich you wanted so I bought two of each kind."

"Thanks." I said smiling at him. "I like chicken." He handed it to me and unwrapped one for himself.

"So how did you find my house?" I asked him.

"Well, your make up artist is also mine, and your manager .. well let's just keep it simple, I found your house through your manager." 

"She would do anything for a cute guy who smiles at her." 

"You think I'm cute?" 

"Why am I still here with you then? I could have jumped off your bike a long time ago." I said rolling my eyes at him, he chuckles and nods.

"I knew you were that kind of girl." He said sipping his coffee.

"What?"

"Yah, I'm the oppa here."

"Stop changing the subject." 

"You're very straight forward."

"Ah.. yeah, that is always a problem with everyone." I laugh to myself.

"No! I like it, you're my type." 

"You're trying to get me to fall for you? It isn't working."

"Thank you, I'm glad to know, now I can try harder." 

I roll my eyes at him and continue eating my sandwich. We continue talking and sitting in the cafe until it was late in the afternoon.

"We should go soon, I don't like to send a girl home alone when it is dark." He grabs the trash and cleans the table. We walk out to the place where the bike was tied to, but it was no where to be found.

"Where? What?" He said dumbfounded.

"You're joking! Someone took our bike? Why would you want to take a stupid bike in this century?" I sigh and look into my purse. "It's fine, I'll call a cab. After I .. find.. it. What is going on?" I said searching my purse for my phone.

"I have a phone it is fine."  Joon said taking his phone out and dialing the number. As he talked to the taxi operator I searched through the pockets of my purse for my phone. 

"Hello? Hello." I heard Joon saying from behind me. "My phone died." 

"So we are walking home?" I said tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. "Great." 

"We can call from a pay phone." He said searching his pocket for change all he had left was five dollars. 

"Really? You too?" I sat on the curb and put my head down. "This is horrible." 

"Bus! Bus! Come on, let's go!" He said pulling me up and running to the bus stop before the bus left. 

"HEY! HEY!" We both screamed tapping on the bus. The door opened letting us in. "Thank you so much!" We both said. Joon paid for our fare and led me to the back of the bus. We sat together breathless trying to catch our breath. 

I looked over at him and he looked back. A smile began to form on his lips and I smiled back. "Haha." He started to laugh before it turned into full blown knee slapping laugh, I joined him as people looked at us weirdly. 

"That was fun." I said to him. 

"Yeah, thanks for coming." He said leaning back on his seat. We sat in silence as I shivered.

"Here. He said wrapping his scarf around me and tucking it inside my coat. 

"Thanks." I said shyly accepting it. I looked out the windows at the skyscrapers that stood out in the dark. One by one I watched the street lights fly by until I felt my head nodding.

I heard Joon chuckling and place a hand on my face leaning my head on his shoulder. In my mind I protested but as soon as my head was on his shoulder it felt perfect that I didn't want to protest anymore, I let myself lean on him. 

image