Part nine

The games we play (Lee Joon fanfic)

Joon’s phone rang over on his nightstand, he was fast asleep. The baby was keeping me awake again. I crawled over him and picked up his phone.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Where is Joon!" His manager said.

"Sleeping."

"Why? Wake him up right now, we need to do damage control. I will be over in half an hour."

"What’s wrong? What happened?" 

"Check for yourself online." He said hanging up the phone.

I placed the phone back onto the table and shook Joon awake.

"Oppa, wake up. Manager said that he will be over in half an hour. Wake up."

"Why?" He said sleepily.

"I don’t know, he just said to look online." 

"Umhm." He said still sleeping. I picked up my phone and searched up the latest news on Lee Joon and the title takes my breath away.

"Lee Joon not only has a secret girlfriend but is getting married to her too." 

"Oppa! Come, read this!" I said patting him. 

"Read it to me." I roll my eyes at him and read it.

"Lee Joon has been hiding his secret relationship with his girlfriend, Actress and singer, Vanessa Choi for the last two years. Sources say that he has proposed to her and they are planning a wedding for late August. His girlfriend, Vanessa, is rumored to be pregnant." 

"Oppa, how can you still be sleeping. Everyone is going to hate you, not only you but MBLAQ too. You need to go have a press conference or something!" I shook him violently.

"Nessa, calm down. I’m the one who told the reporters." I stared at him blankly.He reached over and touched my arm."Eventually my fans have to accept that I’m going to get married and have kids. Why not now? I don’t want to hide it." 

My phone rings, the screen vibrating violently. “Manager” The screen read. I glared at him and picked up the phone.

"I want an answer now." She said into phone fiercely.

"It’s all true." I sighed.

"Congrats." She said sarcastically "but you’ve managed to cause a bunch of trouble for the company. I want you at the hair salon in fifteen minutes and don't let anyone catch you and Joon coming out of the same house. The company car will be there in ten minutes." She said hanging up the phone. 

I sighed getting up and getting dressed. Joon got up and followed my lead. 

"I'm not sorry for this. I want everyone to know your my wife." He said touching me lightly. I nod silently giving him signs that I didn't want to speak to him. He finally gets the message and leaves the room to take a shower.

"Oppa, I’m leaving." I said adjusting my shirt over my bump. 

"Okay." I heard him reply as I walked down the hall and grabbed the key from the table. 

———————————————————

"I want you to say that it is all false. We will then plan some project for you overseas where you can have your baby and when you come back we will just reveal it. It will be all over by then." My manager said in hush tones. I nod going along with it I got myself ready. I stared at the open stage and the sounds of the crowd outside. I've stood in front of millions of people before but I have never felt so nervous.

"Go." My manager mouthed from the other side of the stage.

I stepped onto the stage and was instantly hit with a flashes of light from the camera's. I sat down at the table as a man adjusted the mic.

"Hello, my company has released a statement saying all these rumors involving Lee Joon are all false and I'm here to confirm it."

"Mrs. Choi, could you explain to us why we have spotted you with Mr.Lee on more than one occasion?" A reporter said into a mic. I smiled and directed my attention to him.

"We can't hang out as friends? Plus, I'm filming a movie with him soon, we are just friends. Joon gets involved in these rumors all the time, but they are just all rumors right?"

"Then how come we haven't heard a release statement from both of your companies informing the media about you two accepting a role in a movie?"

"It's a secret, we aren't allowed to reveal it." I said smoothly lying through my smile.

 

"Is that really what your secret is? Just a movie?"

I stare at him with my cocky smile and I gave him a laugh showing him I wasn't afraid of him. "Of course.."

"It is all true." Joon said coming onto stage and walking toward me. I look over at him concealing my emotions with a poker face. "We are getting married." I looked over at my manager who seemed to be having a fit off stage.

"Okay, I'm sorry guys. Joon, we don't have to promote our movie anymore. We can stop." I said getting closer to Joon to show the reporters we were just joking.

"Vanessa." He said in a serious tone. "We should just stop now." I look out at the sea of flashing lights and looked back at him. He rested his hand softly on my back and I let him pull me in for a kiss. Finally, I could kiss him in public. I could finally be his girlfriend without worrying about all this nonsense. 

"Just trust me." He whispered when he released me from our kiss. "Anything you say, oppa."