Part twenty one

The games we play (Lee Joon fanfic)

(Dani's view)

After picking up a cake for his daughter, we were back in the car again. I gripped the sides of my seats nervously as I watched him drive. He stared at the road gripping the steering the wheel tightly. Once in awhile he would shake his head as if warding off the thoughts in his mind.

"About what just happened earlier."

"We should never talk about that again." He said coldly, cutting me off.

"But, you should go see a doctor if it causes you to see hallucinations."

"I'm not crazy, I don't see things, okay?" He said gritting his teeth.

"I know you're not, I just think you need to talk to someone about it."

"Talk about it again and I will kick you out of the car." He said glaring at me. "Act nice to my daughter. Remember her name is Aubrey." He said as he turned off the engine and reached over for the cake box in my lap. He lead me up his driveway and unlocked the door. 

"Appa!" A little girl screamed when she saw Joon in the doorway. I looked over at Joon ,who smiled brightly as he picked her up in his arms and kissed her softly. Her hair in cute little pigtails and her dress looked like it belonged to doll. A woman peeked her head out of the kitchen and smiled at the sight of Joon too.

tumblr_inline_mtstb6zpYP1qfdx1m.gif

 

Joon sat on the floor with the little girl in his lap as he tickled her and spoke into her ear. 

"Changsun-ah." The woman called out to him. He smiled up at her and lifted the girl up and walked over to the woman to kiss her on the cheek. I closed the door softly and silently stood by the doorway. 

"Aubrey, guess who appa brought home ?" He said placing her on the dining table and fixing her ponytail. 

"Poporo?" She said in her cute little voice.

"No, umma! Look over there." He said pointing to me as her eyes met mine. She jumped down from the table and waddled her way over to me. I bent down and kissed her forehead without thinking. 

"Hello Aubrey, did you miss me?" I said holding her in my arms. 

"What took you so long? Let's eat my favorite cake together." She said pulling me toward the table. I met the eyes of the woman who nodded as I bowed and said hello. I helped Aubrey open the box and cut the cake as Joon and his mother talked among themselves. 

"Nice meeting you." She said before leaving quickly. I said good bye but she didn't reply, most likely because she was sprinting out of the house. Joon took out a fork for himself and sat down next to his daughter. 

"Ahh." Joon said as Aubrey fed him a big chunk of cake. 

"Thank you." He managed to say even though his mouth was stuffed. "Is it good?" 

She nodded making her ponytails bob along with her head. 

"Did you make new friends?" He asked her as he dug his fork into the perfectly sliced cake. I slapped his hand and got up to get a knife and put the slice onto his plate. 

Aubrey nodded and stood on her chair for another piece. I gave her another and watched her devour it. 

"Done?" Joon asked her before taking her plate to the sink. "Go up and brush your teeth and I'll be there in a minute." 

She kissed my cheek and held onto my hands. "Will you come back soon?" 

"Of course, I love playing with you." I said kissing her back. "Good night." She smiled brightly at me then bounced up the stairs. Joon finished cleaning the plates and dried his hands.

"You wait here, after I tuck her in I'll drive you home." He said as he walked up the stairs.

I awkwardly sat at the dinner table and played with the salt and pepper shakers on the table. Once and awhile I would glance at the stairs to see if he was coming, but I could still hear him talking to Aubrey. I stood up and roamed around the living room area. The walls were bare, no decorations, just plain couches and a tv. There was definitely no woman living here, otherwise this house would look more acceptable. There was a box in the corner of the room that seemed out of place. I was drawn to it as I walked closer. I carefully lifted up the tabs one by one until I saw the contents. A bunch of photos and clothes, but there were newspaper printings that were shredded in halves.

"Actor Lee Joon wins Global Actor Award for the third time. "

 tumblr_inline_mtsucdBYDZ1qfdx1m.gif

 

"Lee Joon causes a scandal and disappears from movie set!"

tumblr_inline_mtsubygdq01qfdx1m.gif

I heard some scuffling as I stuff the newspapers back into the box and sprinted over to the sofa. 

"Let's go." He said grabbing his coat. I nodded as I studied his facial features carefully. Despite sharing the same first name they don't look that much a like. He looks much older and his hair is a bit longer and brown. 

"I think you need to go to the doctor." He said pulling me by the sleeve. 

"Why? I'm not crazy?" 

"You have a staring problem. Every time I look over at you, you're staring at me as if you can read my mind. It creeps me out." He said locking the door. 

As he drives I peek over at him, "Are you perhaps..." I said thinking of a way to word it. 

"Gay?" He said finishing my sentence. He chuckled and then looked over at me as the light turned red. "I don't know, am I?" He said stepping on the pedal. 

----------------------

(Joon's view)


I stepped into the silent house taking off my shoes and placing them on a rack. I took a big breath as I took off my coat and set it on the sofa, a piece of paper catches my eye as I turn on the light. I walk over to pick up but the air conditioning blows it toward the pile of boxes. I bend over and pick it up turning it over in my hand. I stare at the photo of me smiling into the camera as I stood on the red carpet. I turned off the light and walked up the stairs checking up on Aubrey then going into my room. 

"Vanessa, give up. I'm not going back." I said turning toward her. She sat on the edge of the bed smiling at me. 

"I thought I would try." I my lamp and sat down at my desk and opened the last drawer in the desk. 

"Did you say good night to Aubrey already?" I said taking out the picture of our family.

"Don't have to remind me, I do it every night." 

"Did she do well in school today?" I asked Vanessa as I placed the photo in the drawer.

"She wasn't making friends." 

"She will eventually. " I said looking at the newspaper in my hand and then sighing before I crumpled it up. 

tumblr_inline_mtsuy2ORJ41qfdx1m.gif