The Hospital

A Mermaid's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Neela’s pov:

 

I was shocked when I saw the man who spoke to me was none other than the young man I met a few days ago.

He only smiled at me, in a friendly way and even helped me when I lied to him, telling him I didn’t’ know anything but my name.

Jonghyun… It’s name that suits him, his sharp jaw line, his chestnut colored hair and those warm eyes.

He said he would take me a to a place called a hospital after giving me something else to wear.

 

I pouted slightly as I tried to balance myself on my new legs and followed Jonghyun on the surface, going trough streets and houses.

We stopped in front of a house, that looked like any other ones I saw on the way, and he fumbled in his pockets to get out something made from metal.

“Come inside.” Jonghyun smiled friendly and I nodded my head, letting my feet move.

Was it smart to trust a human? I was taught to never believe in a human and to never trust one…But that’s when I’m a mermaid, right? It doesn’t apply when I’m walking on feet right? When I look like a human.

I felt the wooden floor under my feet and I stepped on something soft the next thing and looked at my feet, that were standing on a big piece of something that looked like fur?

“What’s this?” I asked, pointing to the fur looking thing.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow before answering me.

“It’s a carpet. You don’t know what a carpet is?” he asked confused.

I shook my head and gave him an apologetic expression.

He smiled lightly before opening another door and leading me into another room.

“You can sit down, I’ll search for something.” Jonghyun said and left be alone in the room.

I slowly breathed in and out, looking around. The floor was covered in the thing called carpet too, though this one was broken white and not light grey like the one before.

The walls were decorated with photo’s and artworks. The room was filled with tables, chairs and the thing I was sitting on, which was like a chair, but more soft and puffy.

The room had big windows and when I looked at it, I could see the sea clearly.

The sea… It’s weird to not swim in the cold yet comforting water and sing while going here and there, meeting with fishes and more.

Someone walked inside and I turned my head, only to find someone else than Jonghyun.

The guy that was with Jonghyun too, blond hair and fair skin.

“Eh…? Who are you?” he asked confused, giving me a questioning look.

“Neela.” I answered politely as he nodded his head and tilted it a bit to the side, scratching his ear a bit.

“Oh, Key, you’re awake?” Jonghyun asked the blonde guy who had the name Key.

“Yeah…Where were you and who is she? Key asked, giving me a look.

 

*******

 

Narrator’s pov:

 

“I went out for a walk.” Jonghyun answered as he couldn’t sleep very well and decided to have a beach walk.

Key nodded and waited for the second part of Jonghyun’s answer.

“She’s Neela. She has amnesia. So I decided to bring her to the hospital, but I can’t let her go in those clothes.” Jonghyun finished.

Key nodded and frowned slightly.

The girl in their living room reminded him a lot of the girl that he and Jonghyun saw a few days ago.

But instead of the brown wavy hair and turquoise colored steaks in it, her hair was just brown and a bit lighter too.

And it couldn’t be that mermaid as the girl in front of him had legs and looked like any other normal person.

“I got some of your clothes, I hope you don’t mind.” Jonghyun said to Key who shook his head.

Jonghyun smiled and gave Neela a pile of clothes.

“You can change in the bathroom over there.” Jonghyun said and pointed to a door in the living room that lead to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter