Clash of Facts

A Mermaid's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Neela’s pov:

 

The strawberry ice cream was delicious! Jonghyun told me it was a red fruit and I’m so curious to know how it looks like and how come it can taste so sweet.

It was already noon when we arrived back at his house and he opened the door casually and went inside it after me.

“You’re back…?” Key asked as he was reading a book. A thick one with a dark brown cover.

“Yeah.” Jonghyun mumbled as he dropped himself on a chair.

“So? What did they say?” Key asked, looking up from that old book.

“Amnesia. But the doctor think it’s only temporary as the photo’s didn’t point out any signs that are out of normal.” Jonghyun shrugged.

Of course, nothing would be found.

I don’t have memory loss, I know everything since the day I was born.

But I can’t show that here in the human world, they mustn’t find out that I’m someone who lives under the water. They shouldn’t find out that I’m someone different from them.

“Oh, well. We’ll take care of her till she regains something, isn’t it?” Key asked, bookmarking his book and standing up.

Jonghyun nodded as he looked at his friend.

“Are you hungry, Neela?” Key asked me with a friendly and warm smile.

I didn’t had to answer at all as the noise of my stomach already betrayed me.

Key chuckled and shook his head slightly.

“I’ll take that as a yes. You too?” he asked, giving Jonghyun a glance.

He nodded and soon Key was out of the room, probably getting us something to eat.

 

“Neela, if you remember anything or if you’re feeling uncomfortable, tell me. Then we’ll go back to the hospital.” Jonghyun said to me, looking at me with those brown orbs.

I gulped and nodded my head before avoiding his gaze and looking out of the window, looking at the blue sea.

What would Marina be doing now?

Would she be worrying about me?

 

“Here you go.”

I blinked and looked at Key who was holding a plate in his hands, shoving it in mine as he smiled softly.

“What is this?” I asked, looking at the plate that was filled with food humans eat.

“It’s bread.” Jonghyun answered, giving me a look.

“You don’t know bread?” he asked as I shook my head.

I felt quit embarrassed that I didn’t know about it, but it was not my fault… These things don’t exist in the sea.

“It’s good. Try it. It’s bread with cheese, ham and lettuce.” Key grinned, taking a bite, showing me it had no danger at all.

Nodding slowly, I took the soft thing called bread in my hands and looked at before moving it closer to my lips.

Parting them, my mouth open, I took a small bite from the bread with all the other things in it and soon I felt myself smile brightly.

“This is bread?” I asked, swallowing it after having chewed it.

“Yes. How is it?” Jonghyun asked, after having finished his bread already.

“It’s tasty!” I admitted and took another bite, a bigger one.

Key smiled as he took a bite from his own bread and opened the book again, the one he was reading earlier.

“You’re still reading that?” Jonghyun asked as Key just hummed, chewing on the bread.

“What are you reading?” I asked curious and crawled on the carpet to him, looking at the cover.

“Old legends and stories?” I asked, reading the letters that had a golden color.

Key smiled and Jonghyun sat next to me, joining the conversation.

“Yes. It’s a book with different legends and old stories.” Key smiled and showed me the book.

I gladly accepted and touched the hard cover of the book before m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter