Old Stories and Legends

A Mermaid's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator’s pov:

 

It was just any other day in the year.

Nothing special.

Except maybe the heavy rain that was pouring down from the dark sky.

The waves of the sea were bigger and stronger.

But under those waves was someone swimming.

It was dark because of the rain and you could hardly see anything under those dark blue waves.

But that didn’t meant that there was nothing under it.

A big turquoise colored tail was moving under it.

Long slender arms and wavy hair moved with the big fish like tail.

 

*******

 

Jonghyun’s pov:

 

“Aaaah… It’s raining again.” Key sighed and laid his head on the cushion of the couch.

“It will go away soon. Be happy that it isn’t a big storm.” I smiled and walked to the couch, sitting next to him, taking my glass of orange juice and sipping from it.

“Hmmmm….” Key hummed and red the book in his hands.

“What are you reading anyways?” I asked, pulling the book away from him.

He scowled at me for taking it away.

“Looks old.” I commented, looking at the hard covered thick book.

“Old legends and stories.” Key said, snatching the book back.

“Legends?” I asked as he sat so that I was able to look together with him.

“Uhum.” Key hummed and pointed at something in the book.

My eyes followed his index finger that was tapping softly on the thick, almost yellow papers.

“People of the sea….?” I red the curly words.

“Mermaids.” Key smiled and pointed at a drawn image of a fishtail, attached to a human’s body.

Since it was an old book, the drawing looked horrible.

“You actually believe in that?” I asked with a snort.

Key glared at me, offended and bit his under lip as to calm himself down.

“You never know. Not every story out there is made up. There has to be something to trigger someone to write these stories, to tell these legends.” Key smiled, moving his soft hair out of his face with his left hand.

“Then not every story is true either.” I shrugged and looked out the window again.

The glass was painted with water from the sky.

“If not everything is true, net maybe not everything is fake.” Key sighed and looked at me.

“Maybe?” I shrugged and looked at the dark sky that was showering us with the heavy rain.

 

*******

 

Narrator’s pov:

 

The tail moved and the hair danced in the water.

A laugh, a cheerful laugh was heard.

The tail stopped moving, floating in the depth of the sea.

A pair of eyes blinked and looked up, smiling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter