Feelings

A Mermaid's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator’s pov:

 

Neela yawned, her hand in front of , trying to hide it.

Jonghyun couldn’t help but smile as he bit from his egg roll.

They were eating breakfast and it has been more than a week since Neela started living with him and Key.

She had intrigued him. Neela kept occupying his thoughts, even though he tried not to think of her.

Especially after the trip to the aquarium. She looked so beautiful while looking at those sea creatures.

He thought it was almost like she could communicate to them, and unknown to him, she actually could.

Key glanced at his best friend and then at Neela who was blushing a bit as she tried to focus on her food, knowing Jonghyun was looking at her.

Her heart always went faster and her cheeks would always flush.

Key cleared his throat and both looked at him startled because they were lost in their thoughts.

The blonde guy chuckled and shook his head in amusement.

“I just had something stuck in my throat.” He grinned and Jonghyun rolled his eyes before he pinked a bit. He took a quick glance at Neela who looked down her bowl of rice as fast  as she could.

Jonghyun bit his lips and a smile crept up again.

“Neela. Do you want some more soup.” Key asked thoughtfully, seeing she had finished most of her soup.

“If there’s more.” She said almost shyly and Key nodded, stood up and took her bowl to pour more soup in it.

“Thanks.” She smiled genuinely as Key placed the bowl with warm soup in front of her.

That smile took Jonghyun off guard.

A smile that could lighten up everything that was in his mind that bothered him to some kind of extent.

He knew the feeling. He recognized it. He was absolutely sure that he had fallen for her and really liked Neela.

Key gulped down his milk before he stood up abruptly, startling the two dazed people again.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and Neela blinked cutely.

“I’m done.” He announced, took his stuff and put it in the sink.

Key made himself comfortable by settling himself on the couch and he stretched his arms a bit before he picked up a book and started to read.

Silence.

There was silence and the only sound were the noise of the cutlery, chewing, swallowing and the turning of pages which was caused by Key.

No one minded though.

It was a comfortable silence. A silence that Neela liked because she could get lost in her thoughts.

Marina usually would scold her for dazing away and day dreaming all the time, but here she could think.

Until Jonghyun decided to break that peaceful silence, though she didn’t mind it.

“Let’s all go for a stroll?” he asked and Key looked up from his book.

“How about it?” Jonghyun asked with hopeful eyes at Neela who blinked slowly before nodding her head, her lips curled up in a bright smile.

Key was thinking for a moment before he nodded and bookmarked the page where he was in the book he was currently reading.

 

---

 

Key was following his best friend Neela behind. He smiled and looked at the two with amusement. He was completely sure that his best friend fell for her and that she liked him back.

But then he lost his smile as he remembered just who Neela was. A frown appeared on his face and he sighed almost audible.

While Key was looking at the two, Jonghyun was talking with Neela about everything and nothing. Since Neela was curious about a lot of things, Jonghyun kept explaining things to her, though he liked those moments.

The way Neela would frown confused or the way her eyes would widen and form a small o. He loves those moments and he realized once again how much he has fallen for her.

They were strolling around, looking at things randomly and just enjoying the time together. Jonghyun wanted to ask her if she remembered something, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter