New Moon's Enchant

A Mermaid's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator’s pov:

 

Neela was talking to her friend Marina, together with other merpeople.

“Hey! Did you guys know about the story of the new moon and the full moon?” Carin, another mermaid asked the bunch of young mermaids and mermen gathered together.

“The old story about magic?” Marina asked interested.

Carin nodded with a big grin.

“What is this about?” Jonathan asked, his blue eyes looking at Carin and Marina.

“It’s the old tale of the new moon and full moon.” Marina said, but Carin quickly took the word as she was excited to tell everyone about it.

“They say that a very long time ago, a mermaid became human!” Carin said excited.

“Human?” Jonathan asked curious.

Carin nodded her head and quickly continued.

“Yes. She is not named, but according to the old tale, she’s one of the first merpeople ever. It was on the night of the new moon. She dearly wished for herself to become human because she wanted to know why humans tried to kill merpeople.” Carin said, nodding her head.

“So brave.” Neela muttered, earning a soft smile and pat from Marina.

“It’s said that she indeed got two legs, legs of a human and could walk on ground!” Carin said, rubbing her hands together as everyone was now listening with full attention.

Especially Neela.

She was always someone who was curious about many things and one of them is the human race.

They were old humans were dangerous creatures.

Humans lived on the surface, on the ground as they can’t breathe underwater.

They fought among themselves and use fire to hurt other humans. They kill when something is in their way without hesitation and they have murderous instincts in them.

Neela remembered clearly from her teacher that humans were not to trust.

To never believe in their words.

They could lie to you and try to lure you into their trap, kill you.

But it was never explained why humans killed merpeople.

Neela only knew because it was their nature, how they were born.

“But her time was short. She only had the time between the new moon turned into a full moon again.” Carin said, triggering Neela’s attention again.

“But that’s roughly two weeks time.” Neela said surprised.

Carin nodded.

“I know. Her time was short. She had only this small amount of time to ask humans why they killed merpeople. But they all pretended that they didn’t, telling the lie that merpeople don’t exist.” Carin said with a sad tone.

“But isn’t that because humans killed a lot of merpeople? Isn’t that why they told her we don’t exist? They thought we were extinct.” Jonathan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter