Mermaid & Human

A Mermaid's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator’s pov:

 

“Neela… are you sure?” asked with worry as they swam to the coast.

“Don’t worry, Marina. You worry way too much. Neela smiled and pulled her best friend with her, trough the dark blue water.

“I’m just thinking for your well being.” Marina pouted.

“And I’m thankful for that, Marina. You’re my best friend. But I really want to see if this will work.” Neela smiled.

Marina sighed and nodded her head, moving her tail, so she didn’t had to be pulled forth by Neela, swimming in front of her.

 

Soon they saw more light and they felt the cold air trough their wet hair.

The sky was dark pink and red, the sun setting to sleep.

They were waiting patiently, Neela more patient than Marina as they slowly saw the sky turning darker and darker, till it was finally dark blue.

“It’s night.” Neela smiled.

 Marina frowned a bit, but nodded her head, giving a concerned look at her best friend.

“Please let me become human. Please let me become human, please let me become human!” Neela wished, her hands clamped together in front of her chest, her eyes closed, repeating her wish over and over.

Slowly Neela opened her eyes again, waiting for something to happen.

“You still have your tail…” Marina said, pointing to Neela’s turquoise colored tail.

Neela tried again, but for a second time, nothing happened.

Neela was disappointed and sighed, dropping her shoulders as she looked down, catching a glimpse of her tail.

“It’s not working..” she said in a sad tone.

“Neela. It was a story after all.” Marina tried to cheer her friend up, patting her bare shoulders with her small hands.

“I’m still a mermaid…” Neela pouted and moved her tail, the water moving along.

Neela didn’t give up and tried over and over, only to have Marina feel compassion  for her best friend.

Marina knew how her best friend was, how curious she was, how she would have loved it to spend a few days as a human, being on the surface.

“Neela.. You tried it already for the tenth time.” Marina said softly and grabbed her hand, squeezing it lightly.

Neela nodded, admitting her failure and swam to a rock, putting her arms over it as she buried her head on her arms.

“Neela… Why do you want to go on the surface so much? There is a limit to being curious.” Marina asked, trying not to offend her.

“Because I want to know why humans have to be feared so much, Marina.” Neela smiled slightly. “I want to know why they killed our people, why they say we don’t’ exist, why they don’t admit their fault. I want to know how life is there, how life is above the water, how they live, eat, and much more.” Neela said excited.

Marina let out a small laugh.

“You’re too curious for your own good, Neela.” Marina warned her.

Neela though, just shrugged her shoulders and soon they were talking about merpeople and humans.

They lost track of time and soon, the sun started to appear again, lighting up the dark sky.

“It’s morning already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter