Shopping

A Mermaid's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Neela’s pov:

 

Three days passed without much happening.

I spend all the time with Jonghyun and Key, the two humans who took care of me as I pretended to have lost my memory.

They’re really kind, something I did not expect.

I still wonder why they say that humans killed us merpeople when Key told me that merpeople don’t even exist!

Who’s the one lying?

What’s the secret?!

 

Jonghyun and Key taught me things about the human world. I ate new things, things I never saw before and they bought me new clothes, ones that fit my body perfectly.

They were students, Key told me. But because it’s summer vacation, the university is closed.

I didn’t mind their company at all, I liked it because that way I would feel less lonely.

I passed the time with talking to them, sometimes trying to talk about the thing I became human for, and other times I just red the books they had in their house, trying to find something.

Yet, nothing.

Only that one book Key was reading the first day I met him.

The book with those lies about merpeople, about mermaids, about me.

 

I was reading it again as Key was braiding my long hair, brushing it softly.

“Your hair is amazingly soft.” He complimented me, his voce hinted with envy.

“And your skin is no joke.” He added as he sighed, I chuckled and lifted my head a bit up so that he stopped braiding my hair, holding my hair in his hands.

“I’m just healthy.” I grinned.

He pouted and moved my head to its place again as he braided further.

Jonghyun walked in the room, looking as handsome as ever and felt my cheeks turning warmer.

I don’t know why, but I was attracted to him.

I never thought I could feel this feeling, this unknown emotion.

Jonghyun’s smile, the way he laughs and bites his lips or them, the way he moved.

Everything about him was so captivating, that it bothers me.

What’s so special about him?

I bit the insides of my cheeks as he walked over to us and plopped in front of me, not the ground.

“Let’s go shopping later, Neela.” He grinned, making my heart go faster.

“For what?” I asked shyly.

“Tomorrow night is the beach party. We’ll have to buy you a pretty dress to wear.” Jonghyun smiled, making me nod slowly.

“I’m going, I need a new outfit too.” Key said as he secured the braid with an elastic.

“You just bought something this morning.” Jonghyun sighed, looking at his friend as I slipped away, trying to calm down my accelerating heart.

This feeling… What is this feeling…?

 

---

 

I followed Jonghyun who was holding my hand naturally, making me blus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter