Aquarium

A Mermaid's Tear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Neela’s pov:

 

Key didn’t lie. He really didn’t tell Jonghyun anything at all and I’m really thankful to him for that.

People shouldn’t know that I, a mermaid, am on the surface, walking among them.

Even though it seems like the stories I know about humans being killers, having killed merpeople, humans don’t seem to be dangerous.

Especially Key and Jonghyun.

Jonghyun…

 

I looked at him, who was typing some things on a machine called a laptop.

It was think and exited out of two parts, a screen and a keyboard…

The humans really have a lot of different things that are completely unknown to me.

Just like these weird feelings…

Feelings that I never knew before…

 

Jonghyun turned his head and looked at me with an unreadable expression before he talked.

“Is there something, Neela?” Jonghyun asked confused and I blinked heavily before I turned my head away, my heart beating rapidly.

“N-no…” I stuttered. “Nothing…”

“Are you bored?” he suddenly asked, closing his laptop, the two pieces now one think thing on the table.

I shook my head but he only smiled and stood up, walking to me.

“Let’s go somewhere then.” He smiled.

“Eh…?”

“Hmm…Let’s go out, but where…” he smiled warmly as he tapped his chin, thinking of where we could go.

“But…what about Key…?” I asked.

“Ah, nah, he’s busy with some essay.” Jonghyun shrugged.

Essay...?

“He’s not coming with us?” I asked.

He shook his head with a small smile on his lips, those really…attractive lips…

Neela! What are you thinking?!

My eyes were widened because of my thoughts.

“No. And even then, he rather stay home and read a book or something.” He shrugged and snapped his fingers suddenly.

“I know! How about the aquarium?” he grinned.

That smile is so…handsome…

Neela!! Stop this!!

“Aquarium…?” I asked, saying the foreign word with hesitance.

“Yeah.” Jonghyun nodded and quickly told me to get my cardigan on and my shoes so that we could go.

 

We were walking next to each other and I asked him again where we were going.

“Aquarium.” Jonghyun repeated the word over and over till I said it with confidence, even though I still didn’t know what it was.

“What is that?” I asked curiously.

A place where you go and eat? Or a place with clothes?

“The aquarium is a place with animals from the sea.” He answered. “Like fishes, sharks, dolphins and much more.” he said with a big smile.

“Really?” I asked excited.

This sounds like a fun place. It will remind me of home!

“There it is!” Jonghyun smiled and pointed at a gate, painted in blue.

I followed Jonghyun who bought something so that we could enter the enormous building.

“Let’s go.” He smiled and we walked inside, the place filled with big transparent glasses and behind them a lot of different sea creatures.

I wonder why they think merpeople don’t exist while they can find all these friends… Is it because we are careful?

The lighting was dark and everything was surrounded by the color blue.

There were a lot of parents with their kids and some elders who enjoyed watching them.

 

We stopped in front of a huge glass and I looked with big eyes at the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter