04: Eye Contact

This Is What Happy Looks Like

{04:}

Eye Contact

"Stop? Why?" the manager asked, looking at Luhan from the front view mirror. Luhan looked down at his phone.


To: [email protected]   

From: [email protected]

Sigh, I've got to go for a  function, I bet you're having more fun being an idol.


"N-never mind, let's just go home." Luhan mumbled, disappointed. Sehun looked at the elder then at his phone. Something's up. 

 

"Hyung, can I borrow your phone?" Sehun asked Luhan as they walked to their dance studio. Their manager decided that they had enough fun for the day and brought them back to the SM building for a late night practice.

"Uh, what for?" he asked. 

"I left mine back at the dorm, I just wanted to text my Mom." Sehun lied. 

"Sure." Luhan smiled, handing his phone to his friend. Sehun mumbled a word of thanks and scrolled through Luhan's list of messages. Nothing different here. 

He furrowed his eyebrows and handed his phone back to Luhan, unsatisfied with the fact that he couldn't find anything out of the sorts in Luhan's phone.

 

"Aigoo! In Hye you've grown up! How long has it been since I've seen you!" A lady whom In hye barely recognized exclaimed as she pinched her delicate cheeks. In hye smiled politely at her, "Pretty long, I suppose." 

"Ah, you've gotten so pretty! I remember you with your little rosy cheeks and tiny hands and feet when you were younger!" the lady rambled on, while In Hye nodded and desperately looked around for her parents. 

"My son's here too! Do you want to meet him?" the lady asked rather loudly. In Hye shook her head politely, "Maybe next time. I have to go look for my parents. Excuse me." 

In Hye let out a sigh of relief as she walked to her parents with her eyes glued to her phone. 

"In Hye, this is Mr Kim Young Min, President of SM Entertainment." her father introduced her to the man, who looked perpetually angry, even though he had a smile on his face. 

"Hello, In Hye." Mr Kim smiled, extending out a hand for her to shake. 

"Hello, Mr Kim. Thank you for joining us today." In Hye greeted as she shook his hand. Mr Kim nodded, "what a polite daughter you have, Hyunwoo." 

"Ah, yes. It's funny though, none of us taught her to be like this." In hye's father chuckled and so did Mr Kim. 

"Well, it's good that she's polite. It shows that she respects her elders." In hye continued to smile as her father and Mr Kim conversed. 

"So, how about you come by tomorrow?"

"Sure."

"Great!" He looked over at In Hye and smiled. "In Hye, would you like to visit the SM building with your father tomorrow?" 

"I don't mind, but am I allowed to bring a friend along?" In hye inquired. Mr Kim let out a hearty chuckle, "of course." 

 

"YOU'RE WHAT?" Minji screamed loudly into In Hye's ear. "I can't believe it, we get to look around and even see the idols?" 

"I don't remember talking about meeting the idols, Minji." In hye stated as she carried a box of popping candy out from the storeroom. 

" There's still a high chance!!" 

"You just want to meet Xiumin again, don't you?" In Hye laughed as she placed the popping candy packets on the shelf. 

"YES. And the rest of EXO too." In hye shook her head, "If you come along, promise me you won't do anything stupid." 

"I promise." 

 

"Welcome to SM Entertainment, I assume you are Mr Lee?" a lady asked spontaneously as soon as In hye, her father, and Minji walked through the double doors of the building. 

"Yes." her father replied. The lady smiled. 

"Mr Kim will be down in a minute, please, take a seat." She bowed before heading back to her desk. In Hye looked around the ground level of the building. This place is clean.

"Hyunwoo, nice to see you again. You too In Hye, and friend." Mr Kim smiled politely at them before placing his arm around In Hye's father's shoulder. "Let's head up to my office for business, shall we?" 

"What about my daughter and her friend?" 

"Ah, yes. I've gotten someone special to give them a tour. He'll be down in a minute." Minji let out a squeal of delight while In Hye bowed before waving goodbye to her father. She sat down and Minji placed her hands on her thigh. "Who do you think it is?"

"Who?" Minji nodded.

"The person that's giving us a tour!" In Hye shrugged. The sound of a lift door opening caught the girls attention. Minji gasped while In Hye raised an eyebrow at the boy approaching them.

"Hello, I'm D.O. I'm guessing I'm supposed to show you both around?" D.O voiced out, a smile tugging at his lips. In Hye bowed and Minji squealed as D.O tousled his hair. "Let's show you around, shall we?" 

D.O brought the two girls up to tenth floor of the building, where all the dance studios were located. 

"Right now, f(x) sunbaes are having their practice session so it's best we don't make so much noise." D.O instructed. 

"how come EXO's not practicing today?" Minji asked, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"ah, we've got different schedules today." 

"So...I take it as you don't have a schedule?" D.O nodded at In Hye's question. 

"Come on, I want to show you EXO's practice room." he added with a smile. Minji squealed and followed after D.O while In hye took out her phone.


To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]   

Idol Sports Championship filming today, I'm bored ):

p.s. being an idol has it's ups and downs.


He isn't here today.

"In Hye! Hurry up!" Minji called after her. 

"Coming!" she replied, putting her phone back in her pocket.

"So, this is EXO's practice room." D.O said, grinning. In Hye looked around and spotted empty cup noodle cups, clothes and bags strewn all over the floor.

"Uh, it's gross." In Hye stated. 

"Well, the others had to get ready for ISC and had their quick lunch before leaving. We haven't had time to clean up for them."

"We?" Minji repeated after him. D.O nodded.

"Yeah, Chanyeol and Lay." he shrugged. Minji looked around, "where are they?"

"They went to get us some lunch." 

"How about we help you clean up?" In Hye suggested, picking up a white wife beater and dropping it immediately. "No no, my boss said-"

"It's fine." In Hye flashed him a killer smile, a seldom sight for most people. Minji groaned, "a day off and we end up cleaning this place, great." 

"Come on, it's not going to take that long." In Hye sighed, tossing all the cup noodle cups into a bin. D.O smiled and picked up his friends clothes while Minji sat in a corner and took pictures of the practice room, evidently not helping them. 

 

"D.O-ah, we're bac-" Chanyeol stopped mid-sentence when he saw the state of their practice room and an exhausted D.O and In Hye leaning against each other's backs. 

"You guys cleaned up?" Lay asked, poking his head in. Minji stood up from her corner and bowed.

"Hello, I'm Minji, and yes, we cleaned up for you." Minji grinned.

"You didn't even help." In Hye groaned. D.O nodded in agreement. Lay smiled and patted her head, "nice to meet you too, Minji. We brought lunch." 

The 5 of them sat in a circle and opened their lunch boxes. 

"So In Hye, your father is the owner of Lee Entertainment?" Chanyeol asked and In Hye quietly nodded as she stuffed kimchi into . 

"and Minji?" Minji looked down, "My family owns a candy shop, the one Xiumin visited a few days back." 

"Ah, we remember." Lay smiled. 

"Sorry to interrupt but, girls, it's time to go." In Hye's father smiled as he knocked on the door of EXO's practice room. Chanyeol and D.O frowned, "aww."

"How about we take a photo?" Minji chirped happily, taking out her phone. Lay, Chanyeol and D.O looked at each other with knowing looks, "why not?"

 

Once they took pictures In hye, Minji and In hye's father said their goodbyes to the three EXO members before leaving. 

"Bye, it was nice to meet you both!" Chanyeol cooed, waving goodbye to them. In Hye smiled and nodded at him.

"Do you hear that?" Minji asked, stopping dead in her tracks. 

"What?" 

"The other EXO members are back!" In hye couldn't help but stop too.

"How about I meet you guys in the car?" In hye's father smiled, patting In hye's shoulder as he made his move. In hye and Minji followed the voices and saw the EXO boys coming out of the elevator.

"And Tao threw my shoe and I fell over- Oh?" Kai had spotted them. Minji's cheeks flushed red. Luhan poked his head from behind Kai.

Xiumin looked at Minji and she smiled at him. In hye looked at the crowd of boys and she met eyes with him. She quickly turned away.

He's better looking in real life.

"We better get going, Minji. My father's waiting. Nice to meet you, EXO." In Hye spoked formally as she bowed to them, avoiding all eye contact with Luhan who was boring his eyes into her back.


To: [email protected]   

From: [email protected]

...Eye contact...(:


Relatively long update tonight, hope you guys like it (: 

Thanks to:

keyiidee and Ma14li for subscribing!

I appreciate comments too! 

kisses,

betkkt