14: Surprise, surprise

This Is What Happy Looks Like

{14:}

Surprise Surprise

 


To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]

Look out your window.


In Hye couldn’t hide the smile from her face as she found Luhan leaning against the fence of her home with his jacket’s hood up.

“Surprise, surprise.” He said smugly, pushing himself off the fence. In Hye shook her head as she looked down at her friend, “what brings you here and how’d you get over the gate?”

“I didn’t, your housemaid let me in.” He grinned.

“But the doorbell didn’t ring or-“

“Are you not happy to see me that’s why you’re asking all these questions or are you just that curious?” Luhan asked, pouting. In hye’s cheeks turned pink as she bowed, “sorry, it’s a habit.”

Luhan chuckled while shaking his head and pulled his hood off, “are you dressed appropriately?”

In Hye looked down at her attire- a flannel outerwear, a muscle tank that said ‘hungry’ and a pair of distressed acid wash shorts- and was about to shout back her answer when she found Luhan sitting at her window sill, admiring a family portrait of hers.

“y-yah, how could you just climb up like that? Now my wall’s all covered in your footprints…” she mumbled.

“I climbed up here to see you clearly, and that’s all you say to me?”

“I didn’t ask you to climb up.”

“Oh, so you want me to climb back down?”

“Yes, shoo shoo.” She said jokingly, adding a shooing gesture. Luhan frowned, caught her hand and pulled her towards him such that her ear was next to his lips before whispering, "do you still want me to go?"

“S-stop playing, may I remind you you’re still sitting at the edge of my window sill and if you fall, you'll pull me along with you? And, I'm not exactly very light, you know." In Hye stated, struggling. 

"If we fall, I'll make sure to catch you." In Hye scoffed and rolled her eyes, "how are you going to catch me if you're falling with me?"

"That's my secret." he said, winking. She rolled her eyes once more and climbed onto her bed before laying out the polaroid films she had collected over the week. Luhan, seeing as he was being ignored, made his way towards her and peered over her shoulder, "What's all this?" 

"Polaroid films." 

"I know, but what's this one?" He asked, picking up the polaroid film of Kai's eyes. "Those are Kai's eyes. I drew his eyes in my sketchbook when we coincidentally met at the park." 

"Ooh, are there any drawings of me?" he asked, searching around the room for her sketchbook.

"Aren't you being a little bit too jumpy today?" In Hye asked, concerned. Luhan turned to look at her with his cheeks pink, "sorry, the thought of surprising you today made me excited." 

In Hye chuckled as she shook her head and Luhan walked towards her once more, "are you done?" 

"Yup, why?" 

"Grab your things, we're going out." 

"Why such a rash decision?" 

"I told you, I'm going to surprise you." 

"Wasn't showing up at my house the surprise?" Luhan shook his head and grinned widely, "hurry up, alright? I'll wait for you downstairs." 

In hye scrunched up her nose as Luhan left her alone in her room to gather up her things but she couldn't help but feel slightly excited about Luhan's surprise and happy because she finally got to see him again. 

 

"So, did you get in trouble with your manager because you let me sit on your chair during the fanmeet?" In Hye asked out of curiousity as they crossed the road together. "Nah, he just said some unimportant things, don't worry about it." 

"Oh, alright." In Hye mumbled. 

"We're here!" Luhan exclaimed, looking up at a huge building with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Where exactly is here..." In Hye asked, looking around. Luhan chuckled and linked his arm with hers, causing her to turn pink before covering her eyes with his free hand. "I'm going to cover your eyes until we're inside the building, okay?" 

"How do I know you won't leave me on the road?" 

"Do you trust me?" he asked.

"Yes and no." Luhan's smile faltered abit but he uncovered In Hye's eyes and looked directly into them. "Trust me, okay?" 

The tone of voice Luhan used and the way he looked into her eyes made In Hye feel warm and fuzzy inside- a feeling she's never had before. She nodded and Luhan covered her eyes once more before leading her into the building. 

"Alright, just take a step forward and..viola!" Luhan exclaimed, uncovering In Hye's eyes. The girl stared wide eyed at the few unfamiliar and unfamiliar faces and she blinked rapidly to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. 

"In Hye, this is EXO. EXO, this is In Hye." Luhan announced, smiling. 

"Don't just stand there, sit." Kris stated in a relatively harsh tone, gesturing to the chair as he spoke. In Hye gulped and slowly walked towards the empty seats where Luhan kindly pulled out the chair for her before she sat down in which she smiled to thank him and loud coos from the EXO members. 

"Alright, let's just order our food, shall we?" Suho asked, picking up his menu. In Hye nodded awkwardly and stared at her menu absentmindedly, thinking to herself, what am I doing here?

"Hello, I am Minji and I will be your waitress for today. Are you ready to order?" Minji asked nicely, giving everyone at the table a wide smile. 

"Yes, we'll have 4 bibimbaps, 5 kimchi jjigaes, 3 jajangmyeons and what'll you have, In Hye?" Suho asked, leaning back to look at her.

In Hye snapped out of her thoughts and glanced at Suho before looking back at her menu, nervously. She had spent her time thinking about how uncomfortable she felt that she forgot to think about what she wanted to have for lunch.

"How about tteokguk?" Luhan suggested, looking up from his menu. In Hye let out a sigh of relief and nodded, "i'll have that." 

Minji nodded and told them their food will arrive shortly before leaving, which allowed them to have time to talk to one another.

"woah, hyung's already ordering for her like a couple!" Baekhyun snickered. In Hye's ears turned a light shade of red as she slowly sunk down in her seat while Luhan sent him a threatening look.

"Sorry, ignore him, he's an idiot." Luhan told her. In Hye nodded and pressed her lips together, praying that their food would arrive soon.

 

Once their food arrived (to In Hye's pleasure), everyone quickly dug in. Sadly, it didn't prevent the boys from asking In Hye rather awkward and uncomfortable questions.

"So In Hye, how long have you been dating Luhan?" Tao had asked, to which In Hye replied with a choke, followed by Luhan panicking and scolding him. 

"Have you guys kissed yet?" Chanyeol had asked, which led to Luhan staring with wide eyes at him while In Hye tried to hide her face from everyone. 

"Have you guys even hugged?" Xiumin attempted to ask, only to have his kimchi stuffed into his mouth by Luhan.

"Why are you guys being so awkward and uncomfortable?" Sehun asked calmly, pointing his chopsticks at the both of them.

"That's because we're not dating and you're making both of us feel that way, guys. Have a little respect. I asked for all of us to have lunch together so I could introduce you to her, but you're obviously not very good at being respectful." Luhan stated, crossing his arms. 

"No no, it's alright, Luhan." In Hye mumbled, "They're just curious because you suddenly brought a girl along, it's fine. I understand." 

"See? She's cool with it." Tao scoffed. Luhan sighed and mouth the words "i'm sorry" to In Hye before picking up his chopsticks to eat again. She smiled and shook her head to tell him it was alright to which he smiled sadly in response. 

 

Shortly after everyone finished their lunch, the boys and In Hye headed down to Myeongdong for a shopping trip in preparation for Christmas and while In Hye was contemplating on whether to buy a christmas gift for the EXO members even though she didn't know them well, Sehun walked up to her and cleared his throat loudly to gain her attention.

"Oh, hello Sehun." She greeted, bowing slightly even though she was older than him.

"Hi." he replied back, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "You and hyung..uh"

"What about us?" In Hye asked, fishing out her phone from her bag.

"What's up with the two of you? Are you really just friends?" Sehun asked curiously, his eyes avoiding hers. In Hye bit the inside of her cheeks, "We're really just friends, why?"

"Nothing, I was just curious. You're hyung's ideal type, you know?" 

"no, I didn't know..." 

"Oh, well. You are. But never mind that, what are you getting for christmas?"

"I'm not too sure, but what do you want, Sehun?" In Hye asked kindly, looking up at him. Sehun chuckled, "I just want you to be nice to Hyung, that's all."  

I think you guys have been wondering why I haven't brought in a antagonist yet and that the story's only revolving around only a few people. Well, it's because having an antagonist is so cliche and I don't want to bring in other groups because I'm trying to make this story as sensible as it can be and having probably too many groups will confuse you and you'll end up unsubbing so..heh. I just got back from camp and I know my status has been saying the same ole' thing but I really just finished typing up this chapter, so sorry! Anyway, how has your day been guys? Comment below to tell me how your day has been! I really would like to know c: 

Thanks to krisya for subscribing! 

betkkt