02: Our Little Secret

This Is What Happy Looks Like

{02:}

Our Little Secret

"Who're you texting?" Chanyeol asked, leaning over Luhan's shoulder as Luhan typed furiously, his eyebrows knitted together. He quickly hid his phone by stuffing it into his pocket before turning to look at Chanyeol. 

"No one." He said, smiling. Chanyeol looked at him skeptically and shrugged, "okay then." 

Luhan let out a sigh of relief before fishing his phone out once more. He was thinking of something smart to reply the email In Hye had sent to him, in hopes of trying not to sound dumb. He scanned through what he had typed so far before hitting 'send'. He put his phone down, laid back on the sofa with his hands behind his head, a satisfied smile on his face. 


To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]  

Well, I doubt that it would be a waste. People would kill to receive accidental gifts, won't they? 

Either way, I'm surprised you understood what I wrote. Do you by any chance learn Chinese?

By the way, I haven't formally greeted you. So, hello.

-Luhan.


Luhan received a tap on his shoulder, and he looked at his Manager, his eyebrows raised.

"You're not texting a girl, are you?" he asked, folding his arms.

"Nah, I was just sending an email to my parents, don't worry about it, hyung." Luhan lied, standing up and patting his manager on the shoulder, a huge smile on his face.

"Alright, get ready, we're leaving for Music Bank soon." Luhan nodded and headed to the room he, Xiumin and Kris shared. 

In Hye put on the pink employee apron on, and tied a loose french braid to keep her hair out of her face. She arrived promptly at work at 9 in the morning, hoping to leave a good impression- not there was anyone to impress anyway. She took her place behind the counter and sat down on the stool provided. 

The door jingled and In Hye promptly stood up, ready to greet the first customer. 

"Oh, you're the new employee?" the girl asked, running her fingers through her hair. 

"I'm guessing you're Minji?" the girl nodded and put her bag down under the counter. In Hye watched her as she put on her apron and tied up her hair before dragging another stool to sit next to In Hye.

"What's your name, newbie?" 

"In Hye." 

"Ah, you. The independent heir of Lee Entertainment." Minji stated, taking her phone out. In Hye rolled her eyes and took out her phone too. 

 

"Oh my god, HE'S SO CUTE!" Minji squealed with delight as she looked at her phone, with In Hye looking at her with confusion.

"Who's cute?" In Hye couldn't help but ask. Minji shoved her phone at her face screaming, "LUHAN! ISN'T HE THE CUTEST?!" 

"L-luhan?" In Hye mumbled, wasn't that-

"YES! DO YOU LIKE EXO TOO?" 

"Not really." In Hye replied, shrugging. Minji frowned before turning her attention to her phone.

In Hye propped up her head with her hand and sighed. Luhan, one of the members of EXO. The one that accidentally sent an email to her the previous night. 

The guy that just sent her an email?

In Hye looked at her phone and opened her email, scanning through his reply. She chuckled. This person can't be the real Luhan, can it? She shrugged and tapped on the 'reply' button and drafted her message.


To: [email protected]   
From: [email protected]

I guess, but they wouldn't exactly 'kill' to receive them. 

I learnt Chinese as a third language back in school. 

I don't like saying 'hello's, because there'll be goodbyes. But I don't want to be rude so, hello, Luhan of EXO. 

My co-worker just screamed in my ear about you, you must be quite the popular guy, huh?


She hit 'send' and waited for the verification that her email was sent before the door jingled again. In Hye looked up and saw a family entering the shop, with two children happily running ahead of their parents to grab their favorite sweets. Minji put down her phone and frowned. 

"You attend to them, I'll man the cash register." Minji grumbled, making way for In Hye to cross. In Hye nodded and put on her friendliest smile before approaching the little children.

"Hey little girl, I see you like popping candy." In Hye said, crouching down to meet the little girl's eye. The girl grinned.

"They're for my friends and I to eat, I like it when they pop in my mouth!" She chimed, taking a handful of the popping candy packets.

"Ah, your hands seem to be full, how about you put them in this little basket over here?" In Hye suggested, holding out a pink basket with a ribbon stuck to it to her. The girl nodded and put them in the basket while In Hye held onto the basket for her. She looked around and saw the little girl's brother desperately reaching for a chocolate bar with an angry expression.

"I'll leave the basket here with you alright? Your brother needs help." The little girl nodded in understandment and In Hye approached the little boy.

"Here you go." In Hye smiled, taking the chocolate bar from the shelf and handing it to him. 

"Thank you, noona!" The boy grinned. In Hye smiled and watched him run towards his parents who were watching from a distance. In hye bowed to them politely and they smiled back in response. The little girl then approached her parents with a basket nearly full of candy. They headed to the counter and Minji soulessly collected their money before thanking them for coming. 

The two children waved happily at In Hye while they scowled at Minji before running after their parents. In Hye chuckled and shook her head before heading back to the counter.

"Not bad, not bad at all newbie. Consider me your new friend. My mother told me to put up this facade to see if you could tolerate working here for a day and guess what, you pass." Minji smiled. In Hye blinked at her before giving her a slow nod.

"Thank you then." 

"But seriously, how can you not know who EXO is? They're so hot and so popular. We even have candy based on them." Minji said proudly, grabbing a jar of candies with the EXO label on it. 

"I know who they are, I'm just not that into them like everyone else is." Minji scoffed.

"Go home and watch their videos, you'll fall in love with them in a matter of minutes." Minji instructed, a look of disgust on her face. In Hye smiled, "we'll see."

 


To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]  

Ah, I probably shouldn't have made an email with such an obvious username, huh? 

Guess you're going to tell everyone you have my email. I won't blame you though.

I guess I am rather popular...kekeke...Wait, you are a fan of EXO, right? 

Your coworker must have good taste ;-)

Third Language...that's cool. Ah yes, goodbyes. No one likes them- at least, I don't.

-Luhan.


 
"Luhan-ssi, it's hard for me to put on your make up when you keep looking down." The make-up artist sighed.
 
"Oh, sorry. I'll stop looking down." He said apologetically, putting his phone down and looking up. Kai glanced at Luhan curiously but got distracted once another make-up artist told him to stop moving. 
 
"Hook it to your pants." The backstage crew instructed, helping Luhan fix his microphone. 
 
"After this, when the music ends and the stage goes dark, those that need to head out first will get ready. The others that go out later stand here." the backstage crew instructed the EXO boys. Everyone nodded. Luhan took one last sip of water and warmed up. He needed to concentrate on the performance, not the girl he barely knew. 
 
"Luhan, you okay?" Kris asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. Luhan smiled, "yeah, I am." Kris nodded and adjusted his mic.
 
"Let's do well guys! We'll head out for dinner after this, my treat!" Suho announced to all of them. 
 
"Okay, go!" the backstage crew interrupted and rushed the EXO boys out on stage.
 
Luhan ran out and got himself ready. The music played and the lights were . Screams of fangirls were heard. Smile. He reminded himself as he danced. He went to the front of the stage and saw the camera approaching him.
 
"Heurin gonggansogeseo seonmyeonghage bitnaneun // Neol norineun siseondeul nae ane ullineun" he sang as he walked towards the camera. 
 
With his part done, he went to his next position and continued to perform until EXO's 'Growl' performance ended. Screams and cheers were heard and Luhan, along with the other EXO members ran off stage, covered in sweat but with smiles on their faces.
 
Luhan cheered with his friends as they went back to their waiting room.
 
"Great job, guys! We'll celebrate if we win, okay?" Suho announced, everyone cheered and went to mind their own business. Luhan took a seat on the sofa provided and put his legs on the table. He searched for his phone in his MCM Bag and checked his email. 
 

From: [email protected]

If I was a fan, I would've just died a long time ago. Although I did hear about you guys before. 

And yes, you probably shouldn't have picked an obvious username for a email. 

My co-worker showed me a live stream of your performance today though I was rather unwilling...

Not bad, I must say. 

p.s: My name's In Hye.


 

Inhye, In Hye, In Hye. Luhan repeated her name in his head, smiling as he read through her email. He was glad that she wasn't entirely a fan. What made him happier was that she watched their performance, unwillingly though.
 

 To: [email protected]  

From: [email protected]

Hmm, unwillingly? That's not nice. I must say, you sound like a girl that's rather prim and proper. 

I have a feeling you live somewhere near, by any chance, do you live around Seoul Arts High?

p.s let's keep our conversation our little secret, yes?

-Luhan


"Hyung, it's time to head out on stage." Kai nudged him and nodded towards the door. Luhan nodded and shoved his phone back into his bag, not forgetting to hit 'send' as he did so. 
 
He put on a happy face and walked out of EXO's waiting room, talking and joking around with Xiumin as they walked towards the stage area. 
 
Luhan stood behind the MC, anticipating the results of who won Music Bank. 
 
"Let's see the results!" There was a moment of silence between the EXO boys and Crayon Pop, the group they were against.
 
"Congratulations to EXO!" Luhan's face lit up and he cheered along with them, grabbing on to Sehun and shaking him frantically. 
 
'Growl' was played and all 12 boys started to play around on stage, occasionally giving fanservice to their fans. Luhan looked at the camera, his arm still over Sehun's shoulder and he grinned sheepishly at it, hoping In Hye, his new friend was still watching. 
 
 

Ah...

Such a long update to make up for the time I was online but not updating. Sorry guys! I've been busy doing my homework (groans). It's Monday tomorrow, which means I can't update until I'm free again ): 30+ days until my end of years and I'm so not ready for it. I've been practically failing ugh...

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter!

Thanks to: 

rika_h and nessalerie for subscribing!

Comments and new subscribers are appreciated guys;;

kisses,

betkkt