15: Christmas

This Is What Happy Looks Like

{15:}

Christmas

Christmas- the best day of everyone's lives. No school, no work, just time to spend with your family and snow. Lots and lots of snow.

In Hye smiled as she sketched the brightly lit christmas tree in her living room, her shoes scattered all over the floor while her parents sipped on their hot chocolate and enjoyed the warmth of their fireplace. 

"Isn't it nice to have the whole family home to celebrate christmas this year?" Mrs Lee asked, placing her hot chocolate on the table. In Hye nodded while her father gave a grunt as he squinted at his phone screen.

"Is something up?" In Hye asked, closing her sketchbook. 

"Mr Kim's inviting us to attend SM Ent.'s christmas party tonight..." In Hye perked up slightly as she faced her father. "Will the artistes be there?" 

"They probably would be. But like your mother said, it would be nice for us to have christmas day all to ourselves."

"Oh it's alright. We always have tomorrow. Besides, look at how happy In Hye is. I don't see any harm attending it just this once." Mr Lee sighed, "alright."

 

Later that night, the Lee's found themselves in their car pulling over at the SM building, where a swarm of paparazzi gathered around the car, their camera flashes nearly blinding In Hye. 

"Stay close, honey. I know you're not used to crowds." Mr Lee said, gently holding on to In Hye's wrist as they got out of their car. He shielded her eyes from the bright flashes as they maneuvered their way through the crowd.

"How are you feeling?" Mrs Lee asked, tilting her daughter's head up. In Hye smiled and gave her mother a thumbs up. They then walked into a room full of SM artistes and high ranking directors of other companies on good terms with SM. In Hye had somehow managed to get lost in the crowd of high ranking directors and was desperately finding a way out to get some air. 

"In Hye? What- what are you doing here?" Lay asked, approaching her as she squeezed herself through a gap of two tall looking men. In Hye jumped, startled by his appearance.  "Hi Lay, my parents were invited by Mr Kim and it's christmas so I decided to tag along..."

"ah...what I meant was why were you hanging around the directors?" Lay chuckled, his dimples showing. In Hye sheepishly smiled, "I lost my parents." 

"Well, we're on the same boat then. I lost the rest of the guys the moment we got here. How about we stand here and try to spot the guys?" In Hye nodded and walked up to his side and carefully scanned the room. She even jumped sometimes to see if she could spot anyone. Sadly, she wasn't really that tall so it didn't really make any difference if she jumped or not. Soon enough though, they were spotted by Kris who had a puzzled look on his face as he set his eyes on In Hye and Lay looking like lost ducks. He took long strides towards them, followed by Sehun, Chanyeol and Suho.

"Where are the others?" Chanyeol asked, looking around frantically. 

"Hey, In Hye." Suho greeted, bowing. She bowed back in response. "Why are you here." 

"My parents got i-invited..." In Hye answered softly, noticing the unpleasant look on Sehun's face. She puffed up her cheeks as she reached in her purse for the gifts she had gotten them the day before. "Merry christmas, guys. I know it's not much but I don't usually shop for guys besides my father." 

"Thank you, it's really nice." Suho said politely, stuffing the box into his pocket. Chanyeol nodded in agreement as he placed his gift in his chest pocket.

"Sehun, aren't you going to take your gift?" Kris asked, eyeing him suspiciously. Sehun look at In Hye and reluctantly grabbed it from her, mumbling a soft 'thanks' under his breath. "Hyung!"

In Hye looked up and for a moment, she forgot how to breathe. Luhan stood right in front of her with a tuxedo on, his hair perfectly styled and he had a smile on his face. It was simply breathtaking. 

"I've been looking all over for- In Hye?" Luhan asked, placing an arm on Kris's shoulder. 

"Hey." she smiled, fumbling with her thumbs. Chanyeol grinned and quickly shoved the 10 guys away, getting the sense that the two needed to be alone. Luhan chuckled while he scratched the back of his neck. 

"Merry christmas." Luhan greeted. In Hye smiled and held out her gift for him. "You too." 

Luhan took the gift and played around with the neatly tied ribbon, "you look uh- nice by the way." Luhan stated as his cheeks flushed a slight hint of pink. "Thank you. You look good too." 

"Well, it seems like you two have gotten accquainted with one another." Mr Kim interrupted, swirling his wine in his glass. Luhan and In Hye nodded in unison. "The performance is about to start so why don't you sit with EXO, In Hye? I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind." 

"oh, if that's okay with you and the guys." In Hye mumbled. Mr Kim let out a hearty chuckle, "of course it's alright." 

Luhan kindly escorted In Hye to his table where the rest of the boys were sitting and she was wedged in between Sehun and D.O while Luhan sat opposite her. Sehun looked down at the girl and he furrowed his eyebrows. "And you're sitting here..why?" 

"Mr Kim told me to sit me to sit here...If you don't mind." In Hye admitted, biting her bottom lip. Sehun let out an exasperated sigh. 

"Is..is there a reason why you don't like me?" In Hye asked, avoiding eye contact with him. "It's not that I don't like you." 

"It's just that Luhan's a good friend and I wouldn't want him to get hurt. Plus, if you two are spotted together outside, it'll turn into a big scandal and we don't want that since we've just debuted." In Hye opened to reply but she went against it. How was she supposed to respond to that?

"Please don't take it the wrong way, In Hye. You're a nice girl for Luhan. But like I said before, you're his ideal type and I just want you to be good to him." In Hye nodded and looked at the utensils on the table. "I'm sorry for causing so much trouble for you then, Sehun-ssi." 

Sehun's frown faltered. He didn't mean to make the girl feel bad. He was just looking out for his friend and his career. "It's alright. Why not we keep this just between ourselves and we just start all over again?" In Hye nodded as a sigh of relief escaped her lips. 

"Hi, I'm Sehun." 

"I'm In Hye." Sehun chuckled at her rather stunned face.

"I have a feeling we're going to be great friends, In Hye." 

I think you guys have been waiting for a pretty long time for an update, haven't you? I really do apologize for my lack of spontaneous updates but fret not! I'll be updating slightly more when June arrives! I'm currently studying for my mid-years and after that I'm F R E E! I hope you guys haven't forgotten about me yet and I hope to see new comments when I come online soon! I miss you guys and I really miss writing :c

Thanks to all you lovely blossoms for subscribing! 

betkkt