10: The Talk

This Is What Happy Looks Like

{10:}

The Talk

 

There were so many people in the train. 
They all came and left. 
Sometimes I wonder if they were happy or sad.
But I would never know, for I would never see
them again. 

In Hye smiled contentedly as she closed her notebook, in just a few minutes, she and Luhan were going to talk about whatever was going between them. Was she nervous? Yes. Was she going to regret meeting Luhan? Probably. The train came to a stop and the doors opened. In Hye took a step out, made her way to the exit of the train station and walked towards the direction of the building Luhan had requested for her to go to. As she climbed up the stairs that led to the entrance of the building, she realized where she was. The SM building. In Hye contemplated on turning around and running away like a timid little mouse but she decided against it.

She needed to speak to Luhan.

As she entered the double doors of the building, the receptionist gave her a friendly smile as though she remembered her from the last visit. She took a seat and texted her arrival to Luhan. Soon, Luhan came down the elevator, looking rather cheery.

"You made it. I thought you would've gotten lost." Luhan expressed, scratching his head. In Hye half heartedly chuckled, "well, I nearly boarded the wrong train. But I didn't." 

Luhan smiled and quickly ushered her into the elevator, where everything became odd. In hye stood in a corner of the elevator while Luhan stood opposite her, in the other corner. None of them spoke and they both quietly enjoyed the soft elevator music that was playing f(x)'s 'Rum Pum Pum Pum'. The elevator dinged and the door opened, where Luhan held the door open for In Hye as she walked out. She was led to their practice room, where the boys were happily hydrating themselves. 

"Hey guys, could you guys leave me and my friend alone for a moment?" Luhan asked as In Hye quietly stood behind him, her attention on the ground. 

"Sure, let's take a break guys." Suho suggested, clapping his hands together. Everyone heaved a sigh of relief as they made their way outside. Kai, D.O, Chanyeol, Lay and Xiumin smiled at her as they brushed past and she bowed in response before following Luhan into the practice room. As she entered, there was the smell of sweat lingering in the room and she couldn't help but pinch her nose.

"Sorry, we were practicing before you came." 

"Am I taking time away from your practice?" 

"No no, don't worry about it." Luhan assured, taking hold of her hand and pulling her towards the center of the room and making her sit on the floor. They were facing each other, Luhan with a nervous smile on his face and In Hye, bearing no facial expression at all. 

"So uh, I guess I'll just start." Luhan said awkwardly. In Hye nodded and looked at him before he began to speak.

"Well, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I led you on like that, it's just that I'm a guy you know? And I have hormones and though I really wanted to kiss you, I needed to think about EXO's reputation too. We just had our comeback and I didn't want a scandal to happen, so I hope you understand." In Hye nodded, suddenly having the urge to throw up. He wanted to kiss her just because of hormones? Seriously? In Hye felt disappointed and hurt. She knew something like this was going to happen but she still came either way. Now she was feeling all icky and she only had herself to blame. 

And she thought it was going to be a good day.

"Luhan, I think we should stop hanging out with one another." In hye enunciated after keeping mum for a while. Luhan froze.

"W-why? Is it because of the rumors?" Luhan asked, stumbling over his words. In Hye kept quiet and looked at her bracelet as her fingers fiddled with it.

"In Hye, look at me." he whispered. In Hye shook her head. Luhan frowned, move forward so that he was closer to her and tilted her head up. She bit on her tongue to prevent herself from crying. 

"Please, tell me." He whispered.

"It's not the rumors." In Hye mumbled, pulling away.

"Just tell me, please." Luhan pleaded. 

"Break time's up, Luhan. Time to get back to practice." Kris interrupted rudely. In Hye sniffed relatively loudly to clear her blocked nose and she wiped her eyes before putting a smile on her face, "Bye, Luhan." 

She stood up and bowed to Kris before bolting towards the elevator. Luhan on the other hand, attempted to chase after her but was stopped by Kris, "are things between you two okay?" 

Luhan turned to him and glared, gritting his teeth, "did you not see her bolt towards the elevator?" 

Kris shrugged and went into the dance room, leaving Luhan to stand and watch as the elevator went down, with In Hye in it.

In Hye sighed for the umpteenth time as she stared at her wall. Her phone constantly lit up from the numerous calls she was receiving from Luhan and Minji but she just couldn't bear to talk to them now. Her mind was in a mess and she really wanted to be left alone. It was a good thing her parents were on a business trip, right? Wrong. She needed them to listen to her problems like the usually did, so why did they have to go overseas? The more she thought about it, the more she hated being an only child. 

She groaned and rolled over, pulling along her comforter so she was wrapped up in a cacoon and closed her eyes. She was going to attempt to sleep.

 

A few hours later, In Hye's eyes were still wide open. Frustrated, she opened her notebook and drew the first thing that came to her mind- eyes. As she sketched the eyes on her notebook, she thought back about Luhan's expression as he looked at her. She found herself sketching his eyes and she sighed once again. Once she finished the sketch, she signed her signature and closed her notebook before picking up her phone. 

She stared at it and pressed on the home button where it lit up. She had 10 missed calls from Minji and another 15 from Luhan over the past few hours. She proceeded to check her email where there was a long chain of emails from Luhan and then her messages. She had 10 unread messages, 2 from Luhan and 8 from Minji. She quickly scanned through all of the messages from Minji before locking her phone again. She wanted to avoid Luhan for the time being, and that included avoiding his emails and messages AND calls. 

Hello everyone! Here's a very lengthy update for you. I know it must've been a lot to take in so if you have any questions, you can ask me a question on my ask.fm, I'd be glad to explain things to you! I hope you guys liked this chapter c:
Remember to subscribe and comment! 

update: I edited this chapter because i felt that i brought things up too quickly, sorry!

Thanks to: xAngelExoticx, Kpoplurve98, lovehyunstal, ohmylulu, Aya_lee and kimchi3688 for subscribing and xAngelExoticx and Ohmylulu for commenting!

betkkt