Green-Eyed Monster

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crowd gasped as no one was expecting this. Even though the both of you were a ‘couple’ now, it was rare to see celebrity couples behaving like this in public. You were so shocked you couldn’t really remember what happened. You could only remember Manager Kim rambling on and on as he pulled you and Jonghyun back into the make-up room.

You finally returned to your senses when you stepped into the room and noticed that the room was empty except for the three of you.

“Jonghyun ah, what were you doing back there?” Manager Kim asked, exasperated.

Jonghyun shrugged, “Why? We’ve gone public so there isn’t any problem, right?”

“W-Well, no, but…” Manager Kim trailed off.

“The fans will love it, won’t they?” Jonghyun asked.

“They will but isn’t it…” Manager Kim trailed off helplessly.

Jonghyun smiled, “It’ll be fine. It’s all for show anyway, right?”

Jonghyun’s question was directed at you as he looked at you and waited for your answer.

You made no reply as all you could do was stare at him.

Rolling his eyes, Manager Kim left the room as he muttered, “Crazy kids. I can never understand what they’re thinking. I'll better inform the president about this first.”

With his departure, the room fell into an awkward silence.

“Why did you do that?” You asked Jonghyun softly as you sat down on a chair.

You thought you saw a flash of sadness in Jonghyun’s eyes as he replied, “Mianhe, I just-

“You can’t do that anymore.” You said as you felt a sob escape your lips.

Jonghyun stared at you, surprised, as tears started falling down your cheeks. As soon as you start, you couldn’t stop yourself as you started crying in your seat. You covered your face with your hands as you sobbed noisily.

“Mianhe,” You heard Jonghyun say regretfully as he placed a hand on your shoulder. “I didn’t know it would affect you so much.”

You continued to cry as Jonghyun gazed at you helplessly. You realized that you were not crying about what had just happened between you and Jonghyun but it was what happened earlier with Yonghwa and Seohyun. 

“Will you hug someone if you have no feelings for her?” You asked through your sobs as you looked up at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun seemed startled by your sudden question but he answered firmly, “No. Never.”

Your gaze fell and Jonghyun crouched down so he could face you directly.

“Are you still mad at me?” He asked softly. “Mianhe. I shouldn’t have done that.”

You weren’t really listening to him as you thought of what he had just answered you. He was right. Which person would hug someone else if they have absolutely no feelings for that person?

"What’s wrong?” Jonghyun asked worriedly. “Why did you ask me that question?”

You broke out of your thoughts and stared directly at him. His face was so close you could count the number of eyelashes on him. 

“Why did you do that on stage?” You asked Jonghyun, carefully avoiding his question.

Jonghyun sighed and turned away guiltily, “I did it just because I wanted to see if my-

A loud bang interrupted the both of you and Jonghyun stopped in mid-sentence just as Yonghwa flung the door opened and stormed into the room. Following closely behind him was Jimin, Jungshin and Minhyuk.

“You, come out for a moment. We need to talk.” Yonghwa said coldly as he stared at you.

You flinched at his tone but stayed put. Why does he get to order you around like that when he was the one hugging someone else?

Everyone was staring at Yonghwa and you, wondering why Yonghwa was so mad at you.

Yonghwa’s eyes flashed angrily as you made no move to get up from your seat.

“I’ll go, but not because you ordered me to,” You stated coldly as you finally stood up. “It’s because I need to talk to you too.”

The tension in the room was so heavy no one else dared the interrupt as you and Yonghwa left the room. The both of you found an empty corridor and Yonghwa finally burst out, “What happened between you and Jonghyun?”

You knew he saw what happened as he was seated with the other celebrity guests below the stage.

“You saw what happened.” You replied matter-of-factly.

Yonghwa gritted his teeth, “Is there anything between the both of you?”

“What?” You stared back at him, shocked from his question.

Yonghwa could clearly see the fury and hurt in your eyes but he chose to ignore it as he waited for your response.

Blinking away your tears, you snapped back at him, “I cannot believe you just asked me that when you were the one who was hugging someone else behind my back.”

Yonghwa looked confused for a moment and then realized who you were talking about.

“Were you following me?” He asked angrily.

“ I wasn’t!” You retorted. “I was on my way to the bathroom!”

You could see Yonghwa taking a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down.

“She hugged me first. What was I supposed to do? I only treat her like a little sister.” He replied.

“Her feelings for you are nowhere near like a sisters’.” You muttered furiously.

“Why are we even talking about this?” Yonghwa asked, getting annoyed all over again. “Don’t change the subject. Why did Jonghyun do that on stage?”

“I don’t know!” You replied, exasperated. “Maybe it was just for the fans.”

“Why didn’t you move away when he kissed you?” Yonghwa asked bitterly.

“Stop blaming her.” Jonghyun’s voice interrupted the both of you.

Both you and Yonghwa whirled around in surprise to see Jonghyun walking over, his face grim. How much had he heard?

“This is none of your business.” Yonghwa said coldly.

“Why not? Don’t you have questions as to why I did that?” Jonghyun replied calmly.

Yonghwa gritted his teeth and then grabbed your wrist and pulled you along, in an attempt to move away from Jonghyun.

“Don’t go yet.” Jonghyun said as he grabbed your other hand.

Yonghwa turned around and stared at Jonghyun, furious, “Do not touch her ever again.”

“Why not?” Jonghyun asked as his grip on your wrist tightened. “Just because you are her boyfriend?”

You looked up at Jonghyun in surprise, “H-How did you…?”

“I suspected it a few weeks ago,” Jonghyun replied. “It seems like I was right.”

“Mianhe, Jonghyun-ah.” You mumbled guiltily.

“Has he been treating you like this all this while?” Jonghyun asked, his eyes focused on Yonghwa.

Before you could answer, Yonghwa gave you a strong tug to his side immediately, causing Jonghyun’s hand to release you.

“Since you know that we’re together now, move away so we could go back to our conversation.” Yonghwa said to Jonghyun coldly.

You watched as Jonghyun narrowed his eyes at Yonghwa and you quickly said to Jonghyun, “You can’t tell anyone about this.”

Jonghyun’s eyes softened as he turned towards you.

“Please,” You pleaded. “Promise me you won’t tell anyone about this.”

Jonghyun looked conflicted but he finally nodded.

“Thank you.” You whispered.

“Let’s go.” Yonghwa said as he pulled you along.

You tried to catch up with Yonghwa’s fast pace as he led you into an empty make-up room. Shutting the door behind him, he turned around, his expression unreadable.

For a moment, none of you said anything until you decided to break the silence, “I didn’t know why Jonghyun did that on stage and I didn’t move away because I was too shocked.”

Yonghwa’s eyes flicked over to you as he leaned against the dressing table. You waited for him to say something but he didn’t and you were starting to get impatient.

“If you have nothing else to say, then I’m going to go.” You said.

You were about to turn around and leave the room when Yonghwa’s hand shot out and grabbed your wrist.

“Let’s tell everyone that we’re together.” Yonghwa said.

“What?” You whirled around in surprise.

“Let’s tell Manager Kim, everyone in FNC including the president and let’s tell the reporters.” Yonghwa continued seriously.

Wrenching your hand away from his grasp, you stared at him, “Are you crazy? We can’t do that. This would affect us, Jonghyun, Jimin, Minhyuk, Jungshin and practically everyone in FNC.”

“I don’t care.” Yonghwa replied.
You could see that he was determined and you decided that you have to stop him before he does anything crazy.

“Listen to me,” You said carefully. “We cannot do that. It will be the end for CN Blue, do you understand?”

Yonghwa sat down on a stool as he pondered over your words. He finally gave a reluctant nod and you sighed with relief.

“Then stay away from Jonghyun.” Yonghwa said.

You raised your eyebrows, “I don’t think that’s possible considering we still have variety shows to attend together and we’re supposed to be a couple in public.”

Yonghwa let out a growl of frustration as he stood up from the stool, “Then, just avoid him whenever there are no cameras around.”

“I will. But can you promise me something?” You asked.

He stared at you and you continued, “Can you stay away from Seohyun-ssi?”

Your request made him stare at you, irritated, “Why are you bringing her up again?”

You opened your mouth to explain but before you could get the first word out, Yonghwa brushed past you and opened the door.

“Forget it. If you’re still hung up about Seohyun, then I don’t see the point of us talking about this anymore.” He said. 

You stepped out of the room to go after him when Manager Kim appeared and stopped the both of you.

“Yah, everyone’s looking for the both of you. Come on, let’s go attend the party.” Manager Kim said and pulled both you and Yonghwa towards the private lounge.

Upon reaching the lounge, you realized that all the stars who were invited were present at the party. The dance floor was crowded and you noticed several members of Big Bang, f(x) and Kara dancing away. The atmosphere reminded you of a nightclub.

Manager Kim led both you and Yonghwa to a booth where Jonghyun, Jungshin, Seohyun, Yoona, Tiffany and Yuri were seated.

“Oppa!” Seohyun’s eyes brightened at the sight of Yonghwa.

“Yah, ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter