Chapter 16

Unexpected Joy

"UMMA, STOP. YOU'RE HURTING ME." I yelled at her as she pulled me inside the house. My arm was still heavily bruised, and her force just made it bruise worse. 

"Who was that?!" She said as she threw me on the ground, not letting go of my hair. 

"He was my friend." I said, masking the pain in my voice. 

"Just your friend?" She shouted at me accusingly. Before I could lie, my phone rang. I reached for it , but she smacked my hand away and looked at it herself. "Is he this Zico person? HUH?" She yelled at me, tugging at my hair more viciously. All I could do was nod and hold back my tears of pain. She hung up the phone and took out the battery. 

"umma." I said in between breaths. "What's the big deal. I've had boyfriends before." I tried to sound calm, but the hysteria was obviously present in my voice. 

"Those were decent." It was about decency now? Coming from the woman who was beating her already hurt child for having someone who she should thank.

"Decent?" I shouted before I yelped in pain. 

"That boy is a delinquent. He's indecent. He only wants to play with you. He already beats you!" She yelled, finally letting go of my hair. "And you sneak out in the middle of the night to be with him! And you miss school because of him! Don't think the office hasn't told us." She accused. "You are going to stop talking to this boy. Now." 

"No." I said, rubbing my scalp. 

"What did you say?" She said,  shocked. This was the first time I ever rebeled against her so clearly. 

"You heard me. No." I saw that she was about to hit me again. "I LOVE HIM." I shouted when she raised her hand. She drew it back and stared at me as if I was a poor excuse for human life. Just then, the door sounded as if it was being unlocked. She dragged me to my room. 

"wait until your father hears. You're buying yourself a one way ticket back to San Fransisco." She glared at me and slammed the door. I eavesdropped on their conversation and heard the insane lies my mother was telling, saying things like he beat me, and made me sneak out to meet him.

"Liar!" I said, coming out from my room. 

"SunMi, go back in your room." My dad said sternly. 

"But she's lying!" I shouted in protest. 

"I don't care if she is. I told you to do something and you do it. This boy really is making you rebellious." Just as he finished his accusations, the door rang. All three of us quickly went to it. None other than Zico was there. 

"Zico!" I said as I saw him. My mother grabbed me and threw me behind her. 

"What do you want." She shouted at him. The poor guy looked like a deer in headlights. 

"I wanted to see if SunMi was okay." He said shyly, and bowed.

"Why? What are your intentions with my daughter." He looked surprised at my dad's abruptness. 

"Well sir, I just want to be with her. It would mean a lot if you would accept that." He said, bowing again. My father scoffed. 

"If you're going to come asking that, at least be decent." He said furiously, looking disapprovingly at Zico's baggy pants, hoodie, and long hair. (A/N: Debut days hair. I had a strange thing for that hair. But anyways) He slammed the door in Zico's face. 

"APPA!" I shouted at him as my mom dragged me away again. 

The next morning, they were awake early enough to make sure I didn't leave without them. The car ride with dad was twice as awkward as the one on the first day of school. 

"Kiss this school goodbye, it's the last time you'll be setting foot here." He said sternly as we pulled up. He walked me inside, and went to the office to announce that it would be my last day. As soon as he drove off to work again, I went searching for Zico. As soon as I found him I ran to embrace him. 

'It's okay SunMi. We'll find a way out of this." He whispered into my hair. 

Zico didn't leave my side that day. He was there when I told Rina, who slowly shed a couple tears, and James, who said he would visit my new school as often as possible. That day was also strange. Eunjung wasn't there. I guess she too switched schools. 

My dad came to pick me up during his lunch that afternoon. I waved bye to Rina and James, and to the school that had brought me close to them, and Zico. 

"Did you have a good day today, dear?" My mom said sweetly when I arrived home. I glared at her and locked myself in my room. 

It wasn't until later that night that I decided to join them for dinner. I too had to eat. 

"I have the information on your new school. And your new uniform." My father said, and handed me a brouchure for Seoul Public High School. I sighed and nodded. I wanted to go there just as badly as I wanted to stop seeing Zico. I picked at my food, barely eating anything. The disappointment had made me lose my appetite. 

"Who could that be?" My mother said when the door bell rang. 

"SunMi, get the door." My father said, not taking his eyes off of the newspaper. I nodded and sulked to the door. When I opened it, I had to fight the urge attack Zico. I could barely recognize him. He had cut his hair short (A/N: Current hair), and was wearing slacks, a button up shirt and tie, and a blazer. 

"I told you we'd get through it." He took my hands and smiled. 

"Who is it SunMi?" My father asked, walking to the door. Zico let go of my hands, and got down on his knees and bowed. 

"Sir, I want to be with your daughter. Please." He said, his head still bent. 

I couldn't quite pinpoint the emotions present on my father's face. It was between shock, anger, and urge to throw something as Zico. 

"NO." He shouted furiously. "LEAVE HER ALONE. LEAVE US ALONE. DON'T EVER CONTACT HER AGAIN." He said, slamming the door on Zico, who kept persistantly knocking. "Go to your room SunMi." He turned to glare at me. I was angry and stomped off. 

Just as I had slammed myself on my bed and screamed at frustration, I heard yelling outside. I stood up and opened my window, in hopes of hearing something they were saying. 

"You can't get rid of me that easily sir! I want to be with her more than anything!" Zico was shouting at the front door. I think he noticed me looking at my window because he shouted "I'LL FIND A WAY SUNMI, DON'T WORRY, I'LL FIND A WAY." 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You're the bravest person I've ever met, Zico. 

The most committed. 

Thank you for changing in hopes that they'd accept you. I truly did mean it when I told my mom I loved you. 

10 more cranes until I get to see my love. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Little Dubus! Super quick/short update. I have to get back to summer work. 

Which I technically don't have to do SINCE THOSE ES MESSED UP MY SCHEDULE AND PUT ME INTO REGULAR ENGLISH INSTEAD OF HONORS, AND THOSE IDIOTS DIDN'T PUT ME IN AP WORLD HISTORY EITHER. I SIGNED UP FOR THE CLASSES AND SIGNED THE CONTRACTS. I DID THE WORK. I SWEAR IF I HAVE TO DEAL WITH 18 WEEKS OF REGULAR ENGLISH AND 36 WEEKS OF REGULAR WORLD HISTORY I WILL CHOKE SOMEONE AND MURDER A BIRD OR SOMETHING. I WILL OPEN THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS WHERE YOUR BODY WILL LAY FOREVER ALONG WITH YOUR POOR COUNSELING SKILLS. HDKSKJASKJSAFL J

*clears throat* 

heh heh.. I emailed them. They have two weeks to fix it e____e

ANYWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS. 

Comment, Subscribe c: 

And If you want, apply for my fic? Yes? c: c: 

~DamnThatDubu. 

P.S: I swear I don't have anger issues.....

I just don't want regular classes.. REGULAR CLASSES WILL NOT GET ME INTO COLUMBIA OKAY. And plus.... it's that time of month... I get easily angry... 

......

HAVE A NICE DAY c: