15 years

I Just Want Happiness

Your name is Oh Young Mi. Young Mi, your name has good meanings. It means prorperity, eternal and.. beautiful.

Your parents named you that. They loved you, very much. You appreciated that they named you with good meanings. As they were, you loved them too. You will never forget them. Never.

There was this one girl that is you. Your parents died. You knew that. Your parents did not died in a car accident. Somebody shooted them. That was what the police told you. But.. there was something you did not know. Actually, this man was jealous with your parents' richness. He wanted to kill you after your parents were killed. After all of you died, he would be your fake uncle and take all of your family's estate.

But, he only succeed killed your parents. Not all of his plans work successfully. The reason he did those dirty works was because your father was his enemy. Your father never cassume him as his enemy. This man was different. He hated seeing his enemies are rich. He was a little bit of insane.

Your father knew that. He also knew all of this man's plans. That was why your parents sent you to a stranger house. They knew what will happen. They gave you your aunt's necklace. That was their last gift. At that time, your aunt was out of your country. She'd changed her phone's number. Your parents didn't know what's her new number.

That's why they sent you to a stranger house. The house is owned by a rich owner. Your parents knew that. "Omma! Appa!" You shouted, when they started to walk away. Leaving you.. Alone.

At that time, it was raining. You cried. Tears fell down from your eyes. You were just a 5-year-old kid. "Omma.. appa.." You murmured. Your parents turned back to see their only daughter, for the last time. Your mom cried, your dad too. They went back into their car and, "Bap!" They were shooted.

...

15 years had passed. But, you still did not find your aunt. You didn't even know where she is. You woke up one morning. It was autumn now. You went to your bathroom. You took a bath and brushed your teeth.

You went downstairs and you greeted your adopted mom. Honestly, your adopted mom didn't treat you good enough. The reason was because you were not their real child. "Good morning, ma." You said to her.

"We will move to Japan tommorow." She told you. Your eyes opened widely. You didn't want to leave your own country. It was not that you didn't like Japan. It was just.. well, you liked here better. Staying in your own country. "But, ma.. I don't want to-

"If you don't want, stay here alone. You don't need to see us again." She cuts off. You sighed. "How long will we stay there?" You asked her. She always made you wanted to cry. But she didn't apologize. You didn't care. No matter what. You always loved her and appreciated because of taking care of you all this time.

"Not long. Only 1 year." She then replied. You looked suprised. At the same time, you felt sad too. "But, ma. I don't want to. 1 year is long. I love staying here more than Japan. You know that right?" You asked her. You was a little bit of scared because your adopted mom was a strict person. The same as your adopted dad too.

"Look, Young Mi. If you don't want to follow us, just stay here, ok?!" She replied angrily to you. You felt your tears want to fall. But, you didnt want them to fall. So, you just let your tears there. Just there, in your eyes. Anger started to fill your body. You noticed that. You didn't know why you were angry. Maybe it was because the way she treated you. Perhaps. "Why do you always treat me like this, ma?! I'm sick of it!" Tears finally escaped from your eyes.

You failed to hold them. But, at that time. You didn't care. You just didn't. You felt very sad. Sometimes, you hated your own life. You didn't know why. you just hate your life. Suddenly, a hand slapped your face. It was your adopted mom. Your tears falling down more than before.

"O-om-omma.." You whispered with your tears falling down, She never slapped you before. You felt your heart broke into pieces. You felt really... very sad. It was like more than sad. It was not wrong to don't want to move, isn't it? Maybe this was why you hated your life. Being treated like this is painful, right?

"You just stay here alone in 1 year. That's what you want right? Just stay here." She said and with that, she started to walk away. You tried to hold your tears from falling down. But.. you could not. You just.. couldn't. You felt so unlucky. You felt sad. Tears kept falling down from your eyes. You missed your real parents. You hated being treated like this.

It was not fair. Your adopted parents had only one real chilld. That was a girl. She was out of the country since you was 16 years old. She was your adopted sister, for sure.

She treated you good enough, like her own little sister. She was close with you. The two of you always spent time together.  You loved her. You loved all of them. You loved your family. You went back to your room. You sighed. You closed the door. Went into your bed and.. slept.