Prom Night

Robotically

 

 
It was a prom night. As soon as you enter the hall everyone was looking at you. Of course, you are the only one who came without a partner. You ignored them and keep walking down the stairs. 
 
None of them dare to approach you and you don’t give damn care at all. You heard part of people’s conversation. 
 
“She looks stunning”
“She’s gorgeous” 
“Her dress must be expensive”
“I’d take her out” 
“Duh.. She don’t have a partner” 
 
Well, like the saying goes ‘money can’t buy happiness’ even you wore all expensive stuff from head to toes doesn’t mean you’re happy. You felt lonely. 
 
The prom was officially started. All girls dressed in gown and boys were in tuxedo. They start scattered around the dance floor, dancing in couple. The music plays a slow song and brings romantic feeling to the hall. Meanwhile you…
 
You were at the bar enjoying your drink and hoping that the party would end faster. You sighed but deep in your heart were expecting someone come and accompany you. A few moments later you felt someone approaching you. You turn your head and saw Sehun. One of famous boy in your school. He has handsome face, good in studies and come from wealthy family. 
 
People called him Mr. I-don’t-smile since he’s not friendly and only do his things. He come and sits beside you. You awkwardly greet him.
 
You: Hi…
 
He glared at you. You smile at him. He takes his drinks and left. 
 
You: How rude!
 
You start cursed him in your mind. Regretting yourself for greet him. Suddenly the atmosphere become silent like no one was there. Everyone was stop from talking. You turn your body to see what happen. 
 
There, you saw a tall boy approaching you. Everyone step aside as they give him a way. He wore a tuxedo along with black bow tie. He combed his hair neatly. He gave you one of his famous dimpled smiles. Gosh, he looks so handsome!
 
Your jaw dropped as he stopped in front of you.
 
You: Um.. do..I know you?
 
Zelo: ____-shi, It’s me Zelo.
 
You: Ze-ze-zelo? 
 
He nodded and makes you loosen a grip at glass that you were holding. He quickly takes a glass and put it on table. 
 
You: Why are you here?
 
Zelo: To be your partner of course. 
 
You: But.. I didn’t ask you to do so.
 
Zelo: You didn’t like it? Fine, I’ll go home then.
 
He turned around and you quickly grab his arm.
 
You: No! Don’t go. 
 
He looks at you and grinned. Minutes later, two girls come and boomed you with a question. You know them but not so close. Their eyes didn’t leave from Zelo’s face. 
 
Girl 1: ____-sshi, who is he? What is his name? Where he lived?
 
Girl 2: He’s so handsome and cute.
 
You: This is Zelo. He is my ro--
 
Zelo; I’m her boyfriend.
 
They look frustrated.
 
Girl 1: Really? Aren’t you with Ilhoon?
 
You: We both broke up already. 
 
Girl 2: I told you they were already broken up. (Whisper to girl 1)
 
Girl 1: Aa really? Well, we’ll get going then. Enjoy the night! 
 
They smile and walked away, leaving you with Zelo. Your boyfriend. You shot Zelo with a glare.
 
Zelo: Why?
 
You: Since when you become my boyfriend?
 
Zelo: Well.. just now.
 
You: And since when did you know lying? Robot can’t lie right? (Rolled your eyes)
 
Zelo: Err… well.. Sometimes when necessary. We have to. 
 
You: Tsk… 
 
Zelo: ____-shi, Let’s dance…
 
He led you to the dance floor. He put his hand and your waist and you both start dancing and follow the music rhythm. 
 
Zelo: Something’s wrong?
 
Zelo ask when you keep looking at him.
 
You: Yeah… Something is wrong.
 
Zelo: What is it? 
 
You: Your tux…
 
Zelo: Aa.. Jaesuk Appa sponsored. 
 
He chuckled. You want to ask more but suddenly the music change signaling the couples to change the partner. All of you know the dance and swept the partner without a mistake. You were surprise to see your partner. 
 
You: Annyeong Oh Sehun!
 
Sehun: ....... (Stare at your face blankly)
 
You: Well… I guess you hate me. 
 
Sehun: (Still with his poker-face)
 
You: Don’t stare at me if you hate me! 
 
He looks like he wants to say something. Unfortunately the music change and you change a partner. You smile once you see your partner. 
 
You: Zelo-ah, did Appa ask you to come?
 
Zelo: Yeah.
 
You: I knew it..
 
Zelo: Who is he? Your friends? 
 
You: Who?
 
Zelo: The one dancing with you just now? 
 
You: Aniyo.
 
Zelo: Then?
 
You: Someone that I know. 
 
The music change once again and you change your partner. It’s sehun again. This time you decided to not talk to him. 
 
You: ……
 
Sehun: …..
 
You: (Look away)
 
Sehun: I’m sorry...
 
You: (Look at him)
 
Sehun: Just now. I was being rude to you. 
 
You: Nah… it’s okay. It’s your style right?
 
Music changed. Partner changed.
 
Zelo: Are you okay?
 
You: Yeah… I’m good. 
 
You smiled and keep staring at each other eyes. The music changed again maybe for a last round. You felt weird when Zelo didn't let your hand off. 
 
You: Why?
 
Zelo: Err… you look uncomfortable. 
You felt relief. You were hoping that Zelo did not let your hand go anyway. You smiled and hold his shoulder even tighter. 
 
You: Thanks.
 
Zelo: For?
 
You: For coming.
 
Zelo: no problem. 
 
Zelo smiled and pulled your body closer. Moments later, the music plays a different genre. Romantic and soft one. You took your hand from his shoulders and wrap it around his neck. Both of his hand also automatically landed to your slender waist. 
 
You stare at him and talk in your your mind.
 
You: (*What are you exactly? Why you being nice to me? You said you don’t want my father money then why you did this? )
 
Zelo: (*I’m sorry for keeping this from you. You don’t know how I feel every time I lied to you)
 
You: (*Then, tell me! I would forgive you if you tell me the truth. I just don’t want you lied to me again…)
 
Zelo: (*I can’t! As this stupid mission is not clear I can’t tell you)
 
You: (*Duh… fine then!)
 
Zelo: ____-shi can I tell you something?
 
You: (*omo! Does he ready to confess? Otteokae? How should I react? ) Y-yes.. of course you can.
 
Zelo: You look so beautiful today. 
 
Your heart are about to explode. You look away and blush. Smile alone. 
 
You: So you’re saying that I’m not beautiful the other day? 
 
Zelo: Ani… you were always beautiful in my eyes… But today you look a bit different. You are 100 times more beautiful. 
 
You: You’re too cheesy…. But thank you. 
 
Suddenly the lights went off making everyone panic. You were scared so you hugged Zelo tightly.
 
Zelo: Don’t worry. I‘m here.
 
You lift your head and look at him. The only light in the hall was the one coming from the moon. Even it wasn’t enough but you can still see his face. He smiles at you and stared into your eyes. You looked down feeling shy. 
 
He slowly grabbed your chin and make eye contact with you. The moment when he made skinship with you, you know you were blushing hard and demands for an escape but your body disobeyed you.
 
Zelo: I didn’t know you had such a beautiful eyes, _____-shi. I would stare at them forever. 
 
He said while slowly brushing your hair. Your heart literally beats over 40mph when you felt Zelo’s breath caressed your cheek. His face was closer and closer and closer and closer and closer and closer…
 
Tadahh**
 
The lights turn on. You gulped hard when you realize that your face just a few inches away from Zelo. You push him slowly and acted like nothing happened. 
 
You can’t stand of awkwardness at that time and excuse yourself to ladies’ room. You mentally slapped yourself when you reach there.
 
You: This can’t be happening. Ohmagod. Why my heart beating fast? No... it can’t be!
 
You said while put your palm on your chest. Feeling your heart beat. The scene started playing in your mind like a movie. You shooed them away and back to your senses. You take a deep breath and walked out of there calmly. 
 
As soon as you were in hall you gasped hard when you saw Zelo was surrounded by girls. They talk happily and laughed together. You felt jealous. You approached him and dragged his hand away from them. You felt like you want to punch his face at that time. Men are all the same!
 
You let his hand off when you both a bit far from those girls. You crossed your hand on chest and look away.
 
Zelo: Are you mad?
 
You: Why would I? 
 
You said, still not looked at him.
 
Zelo: They’re the one who approach me first.
 
You: Fine. 
 
Zelo: Don’t frown with that pretty face. If you’re not mad, don’t kill me. Don’t just say you’ll understand and that’s fine. Don’t be mad I want you to smile.
 
You bite your lower lips to avoid it from smiling. You were bit embarrassed because of your childish behavior just now. You looked at him and smiled. 
 
The prom was coming to the end. Everyone was so excited to know who going to be King and Queen of 2013 at that night. 
 
MC: This is time that we all have waiting for. Now, I will announce who is the King and Queen of 2013. 
 
Everyone was being impatient and eager to know the result. 
Some of them are even screaming and chant for their friends name or their own name. O.O
 
MC: And the King and Queen of 2013 goes to……… 
 
*Drum roll*
 
MC: Kim _____ and Zelo!! Congratulations! 
 
You and Zelo look at each other. Both of you were shocked. 
 
You: Did he say our name Zelo-yah?
 
Zelo: I think so. 
 
You want to scream but you need to control yourself. You both start working to the stage while there’s spotlight which is focused on you and Zelo.
 
The MC gave you a crown and you slowly put it on Zelo’s head. He also did the same to you when MC handed him a tiara. Then you heard clapping and cheering for the both of you. You and Zelo chuckled and hugging each other. Suddenly, they chant you to kiss. You look at Zelo blankly. The MC also starts teasing you both.
 
MC: You may kiss your bride. 
 
Your eyes grew wide when Zelo whisper to you. 
 
Zelo: Allow me to kiss you. 
 
You: What?
 
Zelo: If you let me then close your eyes. 
 
You felt like you were hypnotized by Zelo at that time. You slowly close our eyes. Your heart rate starts beating faster. You can feel his face was coming closer. He leaned in, held your chin and pressed his lips against your forehead. You can felt that he was sincere over the kiss. He can kiss your lips if he wants because you’ve allowed him to but he choose to kiss your forehead. He respects you because you’re not his yet.
 
When he pulled out you stare at him. You heart were fluttering. 
 
MC: You both look perfect together. 
 
The MC make you both blushed. After that, there were red rose petals falling on you and the whole hall as a confetti. It was so beautiful. Everyone was mesmerized by that. You open your palm and let the petal falling on it as your eyes were twinkled by watching it. You turn your head when you felt like someone was staring at you. It was Zelo.
 
Both of you play staring contest for a while. 
 
You: (*He looks like a price)
 
Zelo: (*She looks like a princess) 
 
You lost. You look away. You heard Zelo chuckled. You facepalm yourself when you felt like your cheek were burning. 
 
You look at him again. He was playing with the petals. He blew the petal away from his hand. He looks cute doing that. Your heart melted. 
 
You had fallen for this faked robot. Otteokae? 
 
To Be Continued.....
 
A/N: Oh Sehun appeared!! Haha 
 
"Don’t frown with that pretty face. If you’re not mad, don’t kill me. Don’t just say you’ll understand and that’s fine. Don’t be mad I want you to smile."
This is Zelo's rap part in "Stop it" song. 
 
Don't forget to comment. it inspire me a lot. :)