Descent

~Noire: My Beautiful Black Pearl~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~ Descent ~

 

 

Yifan sped up with his black sports car anticipating the calm he would have when he reaches his favourite night view. The view of the skyline reminded him that things around him were still changing and ageing even though he wasn't anymore.

 

The old building came to view, but he sensed something amiss.  As his car came a few meters a way from the high rise, the light coming from the street lamp illuminated her face. It was her, the girl from the book store.

It only took a split second for him to realise that she was in danger.  He watched her speed inside the building. Without even thinking of parking his car properly he got out and rushed towards her. He saw the shadow figure running at her heels. 

 

 

What the hell is shadowlings doing here? he thought to himself.

He could have easily dealt with it but he feared that the strength of his power might hurt the girl. So he rushed forth chasing after the shadowling and the girl.  He lost his footing on a broken step causing him so lag a little behind. Cursing, he regained his balanced and sped up. 

The shadowling was dangling her over the edge like a little rag doll, he could see that she could barely breath much less move. 

 

"Stop! Get away from her!" Yifan called out

 

The shadowling just taunted him. He could feel his anger building up. He had the strongest urge to set fire to shadowling then and there. But he had to find a way to attack without hurting the girl. He had to find a way for him to distract the creature so he could get the girl.

Forming a ball of flame on his hand he threw a few meters to the right of the shadowling, readying so he could snatch the girl.

 

But what he planned did not turn out as he wanted it too. The shadowling let go of the girl, her limp body was descending down. Yifan dived after her not before sending a fireball towards the shadowling causing the creature to get thrown several feet.  

Her body was limp, she was barely awake. Yifan reached out to her spreading his wings wide in the process. Intertwining his finger with hers, he pulled her close and held on to her tightly, descending safely. Kris' feet touched the ground lightly. 

 

He looked at the girl in her arms, her fragile body broken. He needed to save her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"No i'm telling you that is not gonna work! you have to be taller for this prank " Chanyeol pointing at a notebook enthusiastically 

 "Dude you're just trying to point out that I'm short. Again. This prank doesn't even have anything to do with height!" Baekhyun shook his head and smacked his brother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter