Breakfast

~Noire: My Beautiful Black Pearl~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris could not really remember at what time he had fallen asleep. After Xiumin gave him a reassuring talk, he finally allowed himself to put his guard down. 

He had come down couple of hours later from his room, his stomach reminding him that he was actually hungry and had a short meal courtesy of Kyungsoo’s spaghetti that was set aside for him. He heated it up and ate alone in the silence, still feeling out of it. But having a meal did actually make him a bit better. He felt like the sense of normalcy was coming back little by little.

After the meal he took a long shower, allowing the water to awaken his senses and it did just that. Drying his hair with a towel he slipped into a pair of dark cotton pajamas and a plain white tee. Kris made his way back to lounge chair that was facing his bedside.

As he sat down his eyes never left the sight of Rae Ji’s sleeping frame. True that he was still a little worried that she had not awaken just yet, but he trusted Lay’s capabilities.

Just then Rae Ji shifted slightly in her slumber, this caused strands of hair to fall. Kris reached out and tucked the hair away from her face. By sheer impulse Kris ran the back of his fingers in Rae Ji’s cheek.

“I could look at her for hours and never get sick of it” Kris thought to himself and he realized that he had never felt anything like this for anyone but he didn’t care, it felt right.

Pulling his hand away Kris leant back on the chair but it only took a few moments for him to lean forward and rest his elbows on the bed. His eyes were starting to droop. It was only then that he realized that needed to sleep as well, but at his very moment his bed was occupied by a certain pretty girl with auburn hair.

The best option would actually be to sleep on the couch, because sleeping on another room would be out of the question, since he wanted to keep a close watch on her.

As much as he hated to admit it, what Kris actually wanted to do was to lie beside her and wrap his arms around her. Kris leant back on chair again and tried to shake the sleep from his eyes also to dismiss the thought of Rae Ji nestled in his arms. He reminded himself that he was a gentleman.

But like what he did a minute ago he leant back on his chair again. He felt silly but strangely he was a little unsure of he was going to do. He was never one to be hesistant and finicky in situations even when it entailed high stress levels. This was hardly a stressful situation but he was out of sorts. It seemed like Rae Ji had this sort of effect on him for some reason, but he liked that way it felt. 

This time the sleep was harder to shake off just as much as the urge for him to wrap her in his arms. He convinced himself to make his way to the couch

Just as he was going to stand up and make his way to the couch, Rae Ji shifted again, her hand falling softly on the side. Perhaps by impulse Kris twined his fingers in hers, the warmth shot through his skin almost instantly. He smiled.  With his free hand Kris rested his chin on it, and allowed sleep to descend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trolls. Trolls are mythical, cave-dwelling beings depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance. But this is not the type of troll that we will be talkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter