Chapter 2: Unwanted Sister

My Almighty Diva

 

                                                    

 

Key's POV

 

 

 

"Riiiiiinnggg!!!"

 

After 9 long hours of hell, the school bell rings and I watch as everyone leaves the classroom in a hurry. Once i'm the only student left, I stand up from my desk and grab my backbag as I let out a heavy sight.

"Just another boring day.." -I murmur to myself before walking to the exit door, but before I could cross it my teacher calls me from her desk. -"Don't forget to study for tomorrow math exam!" -She stands from her seat and walks pass me as she whispers -"Don't disappoint me again.."

She exits the room leaving me with the bad memory of the last math test we had. It was horrible! I was too lazy to study the night before, so I ended up getting the lowest mark of the whole school. After that, I had to deal with people making fun of me for a whole month. A WHOLE MONTH!

"Oh crap!" -I curse before I run out of the classroom and through the halls in search of the oldest member of SHINee, Onew. SHINee, was the name of my small group of friends. Since we were all brightly popular we were given the name of SHINee by our small fandom which consisted of girl students from our school. Onew, was the oldest of the five members. Followed by Jonghyun, the playboy. Me, the almighty diva. Minho, the sporty guy. And Taemin, the adorable maknae.

After running all around the school, I finally spot him with his younger brother, Taemin, on the school main gate. I'm not willing to be made fun of again, so I'm going to pass this test even if that means begging the chicken maniac for help.

"Hey, losers!" -I approach them from behind making both of them jump in surprise at my sudden apparition.

"Hyung, you almost gave me a heartattack!" -Taemin says as he takes one of his hands to his chest and fakes breathing heavily. -"Yah! Be careful with our maknae! He's weak enough already, do you want to kill him?" -Onew fakes concern over his younger brother and I roll my eyes at their little scene.

"Oh quit it before I make him get a heart attack for reals!" -I send my fist flying to Taemin's face but before it can touch it I stop myself. They look at me with frightened expressions before standing straight like soldiers and bowing down in respect.

"Anyways, Onew, can you teach me some algebra tonight? My class is having a math practice test tomorrow, and I might need some help.." -I ask with my eyes glued on the floor making myself sound as casual as possible. I was good known for doing everything on my own, but asking for help every once and then won't harm anybody,right?

"Not so almighty huh?" -Onew says sarcastically as he raises and eyebrow and forms a smirk with his lips. I knew he was about to take advantage of this situation to remind me of my last mark and I was not willing to hear his words of wisdom.

"Don't you dare to even start.." -I send him a death glare and his smirk fades.

"Okay, I'll stop. So you want me to tutor you tonight,right? -He asks and I nod.

"Taemin, would you mind going home by yourself today?" -He looks at taemin and I see true concern over his brother this time. Onew, didn't usually express affection to his younger brother, but deep inside, he was everything to him. Since their parents were always busy working, Onew tried his best for Taemin to be a good person.

"Don't worry! I'll be okay! Key umma needs your help, you have to help him pass that exam!" -Taemin smiles tenderly as he hugs his older brother. Then he lets go and hugs me.

"You sure you will  be okay?" -I ask and he lets me go.

"I'll be fine! Imma just ask minho to walk me home after his football practice ends. I'll be going now, Goodbye!" -He waves goodbye and runs away leaving both of us with concern.

"Do you thinkk he will be fine?" -I ask with my eyes glued on Taemin's figure until he takes a turn and disappears of my sight. -"He will be fine! He will be with minho!" -He says as he takes a step forward. -"Thats what worries me the most.." -I whisper to myself before following him.

"So.. how is your relationship with Jonghyun doing?" -he asks when we are out of the school territory, and my whole body tenses at his question. Here we go once again.. I've been madly in love with my best friend, Jonghyun since middle school, and he's unconscious of this.  When I found out I was having gay feelings for my best friend, I tried neglecting them but then I realized they weren't feelings I could easily change and began accepting them. However, the fact that I accept them doesn't mean I'm planning on coming out as gay, instead I will focus on falling in love with a girl and I'm sure I will accomplish that!

"Its doing fine.." -I answer hoping that he isn't thinking about digging deeper into my love life, but of course, luck is not by my side and I realize that when he makes the question that i've been trying to avoid.

"So when are you going to confess to him?" -Onew asks and I let out a heavy sight. Onew, its the only one that I trusted enough to tell, but now I know that telling him was the worst decision i've made. Why was it a bad decision? Because ever since I told him, he's been encouraging me to confess.

"Onew, i'm not going to confess to him, can't you get it already?" -I look at him with a serious expression, maybe that makes him understand the seriousness of my answer.

"Why not!?" -He asks with a disappointed look. Why not? First, because Jonghyun is straight. Confessing to him would only harm our friendship. Second, because my family is homophobic and will never accept something like this. Last but not least, I'm not willing to live the life of a homoual. But I saved the whole explanation that Onew wouldn't even understand and sumarize it into one sentence.

"Because he's into girls and I should get into girls too. Can we just not talk about it?" -I give him a pleading look and he just nods. After that, we decided to not talk anymore and just enjoy the silent walk back to my home.

Once we are at our destination, I notice the empty parking lot outside my house. Habitually, my parents would be home at this time, but today, there was nobody home.

"Where's everyone?" -Onew asks also noticing the rarity. -"I guess they had some errands to take care of.." -I answer as I bring out of my pocket a copy of the house key and trust it into the doorknob unlocking the house.

"Since we have the whole house to ourselves, lets just study at the living room,okay?" -I suggest studying in the living room, since I didn't had time to clean my room early this morning and it was a bit messy. -"Anything is fine with me.." -Onew says as he makes himself comfortable on the couch, with his legs resting on the small wooden table in the center of the living room.

"So what are you finding difficult?" -He asks as I bring out my textbook from my book bag. -"From lesson #10 to lesson #13. Those are the lessons that they will be using on the test.." -I explain as I look for the right page on the textbook to show him.

"Have you been sleeping during math class?" -Onew frowns at me as soon as he looks at the pages shown, and I can see a whole wisdom talk coming but before he can start summoning me the house door opens and onew stands up to greet my happy looking parents.

"Annyeonghasseyo!" -Onew bows his head in respect and my mother smile widens even more at his sight.

"Onew!!!" -My mother shouts excitedly as she runs towards him to give him a welcoming hug. -"How long without seeing you!? You should come visit us more often!" -She says as she squeezes him in her arms -"I'm happy to see you too, mother.." -Onew says as he returns the hug. I smmile at the sight before noticing the new visitor who stands nervously next to my father. There stands a short girl with golden hair . By her face, I could tell she's around my age.

"Mom? who's her?" -I point at the girl and my mom runs back to their side.

"Oh! Remember I told you I always wanted a daughter? Well, I introduce you to your new sister, Taeyeon! We adopted her today and she will start living with us from now on. Please be nice and introduce yourself?"  -Wait, whut!? Who told them to adopt a freaking girl!? Are they trying to replace my unborn dead sister with this stranger!? And they expect me to accept all this and give up my place as only child that easily? Are they freaking kidding me!?

"I never said I wanted a freaking sister!" -I yell at them making the girl jump in surprise.

"Kim Kibum!" -I hear my father serious voice calling me by my name which indicated he was upset.

"What? Did you seriously expected me to accept this beggar for a sister? I don't want to! Take her away!" -I say furiously and before I know it, my mom had slapped me.

"Kim Kibum, Apologize in this instant!" -My mom orders me and I glare at her. -"I.DON'T. WANT.TO!" -I turn around and run to my room as onew apologizes for me and follows me to my room.

"Yah! Was all that nesessary!? Poor girl, you scared her.." -Onew complains as I seat in my bed with my back him.

"She..slapped me. She has never done that before, and today she slapped her own son because of a stranger.." -I hear my voice break and tears start to roll down my cheeks. Great! Now onew is going to see the emotional side of me...

"Wait! Oh no, don't cry!" -He comes running to my side and pulls me for a hug.

"Why did they got another kid? Was having me not enough? -I say as I cry into his chest.

"They got another kid...because...they want you to have company! Yeah! thats right! they don't want you to grow up alone, thats why they got you a sister!" -Onew tries to cheer me up but its not working.

"I never said I wanted a sister.."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                                                        ANNYEONG EVERYONE!!

                                              

                                       SO THIS CHAPTER WAS SOO HARD TO WRITE ~.~

EVEN NOW, AFTER READING IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, I FEEL LIKE THE WORDS USED ARE REPETITIVE

                                          

                   BUT I TRIED MY BEST AND THATS WHAT COUNTS, RIGHT? Okay not really...

            ANYWAYS, FOR ALL THOSE JONGKEY FANS OUT THERE IMMA MAKE THIS CLEAR:

                     KEY IS NOT GAY! HE'S JUST CONFUSED SO DON'T EXPECT ANY JONGKEY..

                          AND FOR THOSE WHO DISLIKE GAYS, GO AND CELEBRATE LMAO

                                    NOT SAYING IM HOMOPHOBIC...I'M JUST NEUTRAL

                                 

  

AND TO BE HONEST, I THINK KEY'S REACTION TO TAEYEON WAS A BIT OVER DRAMATIC LOL

                                    BUT COME' ON! KEY'S A DIVA SO ITS UNDERSTANDABLE..

                                             

                   Anyways, I hope you like this fanfic, so please subscribe or comment^^

                                                                      ADIOS