Chapter 8: First Date Gone Wrong

My Almighty Diva

                                           

Key's POV

 

 

 

I needed to change..

 

In order to be accepted by my own family, I needed to change. In order to not disappoint those people, It was necessary to change who I was. To keep myself from getting hurt, I also needed to take Jonghyun out of my heart. He was someone I was not fated to be with, afterall. But, how would I be able to change the way I was born? How would I be able to erase my strong feelings for Jonghyun? It seemed nearly impossible, but I had to find a way.

I unlocked my phone and started desperately looking for a female's phone number. I needed someone I could ask on a date to feel normal. But, numbers and numbers went by, and there was not a female in them. Normally, I didn't befriend with girls since most of them were my fans, and nothing was more scary than having a fan as a friend.  For that reason, I avoided getting too friendly with any of the female students. The only girl I talked to was my cousin, but asking her on a date wouldn't be normal either, would it?

After giving up, I closed my phone, and opened one of the drawers to take out an old phone book. Once again, pages and pages full of numbers, but not a single girl in them. Just when I was about to throw the towel and completely give up, I came across with a female's number that was scribbled on the last page.

"Jung Nicole, my annoying fan..", I murmured to myself as I frowned. I still recall the way she came to me and handed me a small paper ball, and asked me for my number, but I told her that my phone was broken. Which was true at that time. After coming home that very day, I decided to conserve her number in my phone book. I mean, who knows when she would be useful.

Nicole has been the leader of my fanclub ever since she transferred into our school. Coming from America, she has always acted superior to the rest of the students, bullying them and making them do things for her and for her sisters. However, I'm the exception. Towards me, she acts as if I was her king, and she was just a mere peasant. Always trying to get my favor by filling me with useless gifts that I don't bother to open and stalking me from behind the shadows. I understand that she's just trying to become closer to me, but sometimes, it's kind of creepy to know that I can be someone else's obsession.

But even after everything, deep inside, I admire how persistent she is when it comes to me. Even when I haven't been that nice to her, she is still there to care for me. I'm sure that if I ask her out, she will say yes instantly, forgetting about the earlier incident. Maybe I should give her a chance! Perhaps, she helps me change!

I grab my phone and dial her phone number, waiting patiently for her to answer my call. "Yeobuseyo? (Hello?)", I hear her femenine voice from the other line and my mouth forms a smirk unconsciously.

"Annyeong! (Hello!) It's me, Key oppa!", I speak feigning excitement.

"Key oppa?! Omo! (Omg!) Is it really you?! What-what is making you call me?!", I hear her stutter a little, but the happiness that suddenly fills her voice doesn't come unnoticed.

"I'm calling you because I wanted to apologize for ruining your shirt this morning. I'm honestly sorry.", I say as I try my hardest to make my apology sound sincere, since I was not used to making apologies.

"No! You don't have to apologize! It's totally fine! I placed it on the washing machine, and it came out as new! keke", She says confidenly, and I picture her face in denial.

"No, it's not fine! I feel horrible for it! How about you let me treat you to dinner to make up for it? What do you say?", I ask, and for a few seconds there was nothing more but silence, until I heard a loud "Yeeeeeees~!", on the other line that almost left me deaf.

"Alright, then! Meet you at the subway at 7:00pm!", I say before hanging up.

After hanging up, I jumped out of my bed and started dancing in excitement. This was going to be my first time going out on a date! My plan was working out perfectly! All I had to do now was to find her attractive. Well, now that I think about it, she was one of the most desired girls from the school. She had a beautiful face, and a well proportioned body. Many guys had asked her out, but she had rejected them all because of her obsession with me. If we started dating, we would probably become a hot topic inside the school. The prettiest girl from school, Nicole dating one of the SHINee members, the almighty Key. All of my gay rumors would be erased!

I started digging through my closet to choose what I would wear to my first date. I had to wear something that would make me look great, but that wouldn't make me look desperate to look good. After trying a few outfits, I came along one that made me look like the epic bad boy from those dramas my mother loves to watch. It was quite simple I should add, but it made me look great on it. Perfect! I wonder what is she going to wear..

When I was ready, I opened my room's door to find Taeyeon blocking my way. She looked at me startled, before smiling at me faintly. "Get the out of my way!", I say with a cold voice and try to pass her by, but she spreads her arms wide to block my way.

"No! First you have to listen to what I have to say!", She claims and I roll my eyes before responding back with a death glare, "Taeyeon, I'm going to tell you this only once more in case you didn't hear me correctly", I take a pause before pushing her to a side as I say in the most evil way, "Get the out of my way!"

To be honest, I always feel bad for treating Taeyeon this cruelly. I'm aware of how much my cold attitude hurt her, and I know that she doesn't deserve to be treated like this. But for some reason, my heart feels heavy everytime I see her face, and then there's this voice telling me to not get too attached to her. Perhaps because she's going to be the one that's going to snatch Jonghyun from me at the end or maybe because she was the first girl that my heart actually reacted to. Either way, all I know is that I want her as far from me as possible.

Leaving her there, I hurried down the stairs and ran outside the house without announcing my departure. I was not willing to tell anyone of where I was going, for that reason, I left before anyone could stop me and ask. I also turned my phone off to avoid any unwanted calls that could interrupt my first date. Everything had to go as planned! Nothing could ruin this opportunity! 

After a 20 minute walk, I finally arrived at the subway station. Strangely, it was quite crowded with people. Normally, it wouldn't be like this during weekdays, especially not at this hour of the day but today seemed to be an exception. I looked at my surroundings, waiting for Nicole's face to pop within the crowd, but when it didn't happen, I decided to take a seat on the nearest bench and wait for her to come. 

Time passed and all the noise around me started to get annoying to my ears. Honestly, I was expecting her to arrive earlier than the according time, but I guess I had high expectations. I closed my eyes and gave myself permission to forget about reality for a moment and fantasize. How.. would a date with Jonghyun be like? Does he prefers something fun or something romantic? No! I should not even start going that way! How.. would a date with Taeyeon be like? Hahaha I bet she wouldn't even know how to act during a date.. Wait, why am I even wondering? Key, take a hold of yourself!

"Key Oppa!", I hear a familiar voice that calls my name from afar, and open my eyes to find Nicole making her way towards me. She stops and takes a moment to breathe from running all the way here, before speaking, "Omo. I'm so sorry for making you wait!" 

"Aniyo. It's fine!", I say as I shook my hands in denial and stand up from the bench I was seating on.

"Actually, I couldn't believe you had asked me out to dinner! It took me a moment to process everything and to realize it was true, that's why, I'm kind of late..I'm sorry for making you wait.. keke", She says as she scratches her head nervously and I simply nod my head to her words as I start walking towards the exit with her following me.

"So, where are you taking me?", She asks as we walk towards our destination.

"I'm taking you to a italian restaurant I frequent with the SHINee members! The food in there is to die for! You're going to love it, trust me!", I say as I exaggerate my hand gestures and face expressions.  "It must be a really good place for you to express yourself like this!", she says as she gives me an eye smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TaeYeon's POV

 

 

"What do you mean by 'he's gone'?!", She let out an irritated cry as she walked from here to there and I lowered my sight to the floor, fearing my adoptive mother for the first time, "Where did he go?!" Where did he go? That's what I was wondering at the moment too. Where could someone who was hurt go? It had been three hours since he left the house without saying a word and his cellphone was turned off, making it impossible for us to contact him. My mother had just awakened from a nap to find out that her son was gone and that there was no clue of where he had gone to.

"I don't know..I'm sorry..", my voice came as a silent whisper without even trying, and she stopped to look back at me and smiled tenderly. "Omo! (Oh my!) I must have scared you! I'm so sorry!", she walked towards me and started caressing my hair,as she talked in her usual caring voice, "It's just that he didn't seem well when he came back home. I'm just worried that he might do something that he will regret later."

"I'm so sorry..", I apologized as I brought myself into her embrace, letting some tears wet the fabric of her shirt."Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong! Don't cry, I hate seeing people cry!", She said as she wiped away some of the tears and held me tighter. 

I'm sorry for messing up with your son's life, mother.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key's POV

 

 

"Welcome to SHINee's favorite restaurant!", I said as I opened the door for her to enter the one story building. She enters and looks around the restaurant, until something catches her eye. Her eyes beging to widen at the luxury that she found. "Are you sure you can pay for both, oppa? This looks a bit expensive!", she asks as she looks around some more.

"Yah! Of course I can pay for this! Who do you think I am? A beggar?", I say feeling a little offended, as she shooked her head in apology. A few seconds later, a waiter walked to us, and gave us a suspicious stare, probably wondering how are we going to pay for the food at our age, before taking us to an empty table. I felt relieved to get the table next to the window, so that way, I would have a place to look at in case the atmosphere turned awkward.

Before sitting down, Nicole decided to take her coat off, revealing what she was wearing underneath for the first time. I felt half impressed and half disgusted by what she wore. Her outfit consisted of a sleeveless mini dress that was glued into her body, highlighting every part of her flawless figure, and highheels that made her look taller. What bothered me the most was that her cleavage was mostly showing, and that if she decided to bend over, her undies would be shown. Reminded me of what a would wear for a one night stand. I sighed and decided to leave her looks aside and focus more on her personality. 

"So what would you like to order, Nicole?", I asked as she stared at the menu amazed by how many choices she had. "I don't know. It's been a long time since I have tasted italian food, that I can barely remember what was good and what was awful. What are you planning on ordering?", She asks as she puts the menu down and looks at me with curiosity.

"I'm going to order Pasta Alfredo with Shrimps!", I said and she smiled, giving me a seductive look, before saying, "Then I'm going to order what you are ordering. You don't mind, right?", she asks and I shook my head. After waiting a few minutes, a different waiter comes to our table to take our order. As nicole said before, she ordered the same thing that I decided to order. Once the waiter had our orders written, he went to the kitchen to place our orders.

"I know that I'm going to sound like a nosy person by asking you this, but I've been wondering lately.. What exactly is your relationship with the new girl, Taeyeon?", I was taken aback when she suddenly decided to make that one question I was hoping to not be asked this whole time. What was my relationship with Taeyeon? She was my adoptive sister according to the law, but I couldn't bring myself to admit this, but why? What bad could this bring me? 

"I have nothing to do with Taeyeon. She's in fact, just an eyesore that keeps bothering me and getting in my way.", I say with hatred, as I take a sip of my lemonade. "Then why do I keep seeing you guys together? I've seen you walk to school together. Also, she was the one YOU dragged with you outside this morning!", She claims, as I just stared at her with a bit of annoyance by how posesive she sounds.

"She just lives near my house, for that, we have to take the same road to school, that's all!  And this morning, I had some matters to discuss with her, that's it!", I say as I turn to look out of the window, finding a couple getting off of their car some meters away. 

"Don't you think you are contradicting yourself, oppa?! Some seconds ago, you told me she was nothing to you, then why would you have some matters to discuss with her?!", She half screams at me, and I send her a death glare that calms her down.

"Don't you think you are going too far with your obsession with me? You have no right to meddle with my private life!", I spill coldly and she lowers her sight, feeling shame when she realizes that her behavior has brought everyones attention towards us.

"I'm..I'm sorry..", she whispered her apology, and I turned back to look outside the window again, looking for a solution to the sudden awkwardness that was slowly making its way to us. For a long moment, neither of us knew what to say, so the atmosphere turned gloomy. The silence was starting to choke me but thankfully, the waiter came back with our orders in his hands, and broke the silence that had involved us. "Yum! It looks tasty, doesn't it?!", I said excitedly, as I tried to go to a more comfortable atmosphere. With that, we began eating. 

"So, do you have any siblings, oppa?", She asked with a mouth full. Siblings? Should I consider Taeyeon a sibling? Naaa. She is not blood related. "Umm, no. I'm the only child.", I answered before tasting my pasta for the first time. 

"Ahh. I have an  older sister, Jessica and a younger one, Krystal. Maybe you know them already.", She says as she explains herself, I just look towards the ceiling with a thoughtful expression before speaking again, "You mean, those two girls that are always with you?"

"Yes! Them! Who do you think its the prettiest from the three of us?", She asks with a playful expression and I let myself think for a bit. Honestly, none of them are my style. Well that should be obvious, since I'm into guys.. But if I had to choose, I would choose.. "The blonde one."

"Jessica unni? Oppa, you should've picked me!", She whines as she tries to act cute on me, but I just ignore her and turn to look at the window once again, before rolling my eyes secretly. One thing that I find extremely irritating its when girls try to act cute towards me. It just makes me want to puke in their faces. I prefer when girls look cute naturally, instead of when they are faking it. However, doing aegyo (acting cute) in korea seems to be a trend between girls since most of them do it. 

"So what are your dreams?", I asked her,in an attempt to start a new conversation that wouldn't include extreme cuteness. She dropped the aegyo act, and rested her jaw in her palm, while doing a thoughtful expression. "Umm. My dream? I haven't really decided.."

"I think you would do great as a model! I mean, you fill all the requirements.", I suggest as I tried eating some more, not really noticing the spark that appeared in her eyes. "That's a great idea! How didn't I think about that before! That's what I will be! A model!", she said outloud causing some of the other customers to hush her.

"What about you, oppa? What do you want to be?", She whispered, afraid of causing another disturbance, while I couldn't hold a smile towards her. "I'm not sure yet. But I'm really interested in fashion. Maybe I'mma become a fashion designer!"

"Ahh, I see..", she says, still in a soft voice before the conversation drops and we decide to eat the rest of our plates in silence. Once we were done eating, I asked for the bill to pay for our meals. I wanted to walk her to her house since it was past curfew already, and it was probably too dark and dangerous for a girl to walk in the streets alone. 

As we walked towards her house, she suddenly grabbed my arm, and started clinging to me. At first, since it was chilly outside, the warmth that was emanating from her made me have a really warm and comfortable feeling but after some minutes, I started to feel like if she was overdoing it. I decided to ignore it, afterall there was only a few blocks more to reach her house, but, at some point she stopped her pace and I turned to look at her only to feel her lips crashing against mines. It was too sudden, that the shock  froze me for a few seconds, letting her lips abuse of mines before I pushed her away and screamed at her furiously, "What do you think you are doing?! You think that because I invited you to dinner, you can steal a kiss from me just like that?!"

"I'm...I'm sorry...but I thought-", she was talking but I interrupted her, "You thought what? That that made us something more than friends? You know what, we are already in your street, I'm sure you can walk the rest alone, I got to go.", I said coldly before turning around and walking away, ignoring her as she called my name from behind. Once I was out of her sight, I started running as fast as I could towards my house. My heart was beating so fast that it felt like if it was going to burst any moment. But it wasn't because I was excited or happy, but because I was upset. No, I was furious. Furious at myself for ruining such a perfect opportunity of enjoying kissing the opposite . Why? Why did I reacted like that?! It was so rude of me.. I'm such a loser..

After running for 10 minutes, I reached my place, opening the door and walking inside to find Taeyeon seating on the sofa. By the look of worry in her face, I knew she had been waiting for me to return all this time. I rolled my eyes at her and began walking towards the stairs, but she grabbed my arm preventing me from going any farther. 

"Where were you? It's 11:00pm already! We were so worried about you!", She said with concern, while she was holding my arm firmly, and I turned my head around to look at her and responded cooly, "I went on a date with a GIRL. I'm going to change, are you happy now? Now let go of me!"

"No! You don't have to change! You are perfect like you are! I already canceled my date with Jonghyun, please forgive me and forget this ever happened, can you?", I heard her plead forgiveness as she was clinging more into my arm, holding it tightly.

"No! You can take Jonghyun. I don't care anymore! Now let me go!", I yelled as I tried to untie her from me forcefully, achieving it but making her fall first too. "Don't... don't you dare to mess up into my life, understand?!", I said my last word, before walking up the stairs, leaving her tossed on the floor.

I'm going to change, you will see...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong, everyone! 

I'm finally back with an update after a month ~.~ yeah, yeah, I know it's been long but I've just been too busy.

You want to know why? Because now I work.. I babysit kids of hell that I really feel like punching in the face..

Naaaa They are cute ^^ Except when they cry..

But by the time I'm done babysitting I feel soo tired and then there's the school work I have to finish by the end of december...so yeah, im sorry for not updating that much. 

Anyways, today, I want to introduce you to Kim Kibum aka. Key

So he is black haired in my fanfic just like the picture^^ or atleast for the first half of my story he is going to look like that, for the second half he will be blonde..probably.. Bacause come'on he looks beautiful with blonde hair.....

Gawd..If I was as pretty as him, I would probably have a boyfriend by now xDD

Anyways, he is supposed to be 14 LMAOO or atleast now.. (I know he doesn't look 14, or does he?)

He is also supposed to be gay and now his goal is to turn straight or atleast biual..

 

And he is also a diva xDD

 

So yeah, by making him gay or atleast a little confused about his uality on my fanfic, I'm not saying hes gay in real life, okay ppl? He might be and he might be know..nobody knows

Jongkey may be real or may be not.. nobody knows but them

KeyTae may be real or may be not.. probably not.. who knows xDD 

 

ANYWAYS, PLEASE KEEP LOOKING FORWARD MY FANFIC, LOVE YOU^^ BYEZ