Chapter 12: A Forgotten Fragment Of My Memory

My Almighty Diva

                                               

 

 

Key's Point Of View

 

It's been a whole week since our secret was revealed completely. In that small period of time, it feels like if my entire life had been changed. I'm not the only son anymore, but the youngest one out of two. In school, this had turned into a huge issue and spread like hot bread. By now, I'm sure everyone or atleast 99% of the school knows about it.

My popularity had been divided by me and my (adoptive) sister. It even feels like if she was way more popular than me lately. Students that had never approached me before, have been coming to me curious to know more about her. This infact, annoys me a lot. (Expecially because most of them are from the male gender) In her side, many fangirls of mine have been trying to befriend her in order to get my approval. She has been complaining about it a lot too.

Everything has been changed because of her, but for some weird reason, instead of feeling bothered, my heart beats hard and my mouth forms a smile whenever I think about it. It feels as if my life has turned for the better. My boring life, it's more brighter and now that she is around, there's no time to feel lonely. Now, I have finally accepted that even if I act rude to her and hate her, it will never go back to the way it used to be when she was not here. Now, I have given in. Now, I have the strange desire of growing close with her and protecting her.

"Yah! Return the remote to me! I was watching my drama before you came! Why did you change the channel to your stupid music shows?!", Taeyeon protests and jumps up and down trying to reach for the remote that I'm holding up high. Even though I'm dying to laugh out loud, I keep a poker face as I watch her short body try to reach for such remote.

"Why wasting time on those dramas? You will never get a love like those in them! They dont even exist in real life!", I spit reality in her face and turn around to walk to the sofa with the remote in my hand, and she runs after me. I reach for the couch and seat on it feeling proud of my comment.

"Why wasting time on those stupid music shows? You will never get to be like those idols! They are all fake anyways!", she spits back as she stands infront of me with crossed arms and I send her a glare. "Now give it back!", she orders as she takes a hand out and I shook my head. Suddenly, in the middle of our arguement, the doorbell rings and we both turn to stare at it with hesitation. 

"Were we expecting someone?", she whispers to me and I shrugh. Today was saturday and as usual, our mother would go to the supermarket to shop for some groceries. Our father, like everyday, sunday in exception, would be out working until late hours of the night. Sometimes I wondered how could he work like that without showing tiredness in his face in the little times we saw each other during the week. We didnt share a close relationship for me to care either way. Anyways, since both of them were gone that left us homealone. 

The bell rang for the second time and we stood quiet, looking at each other, or more like hoping for the other to be the one to take the door. "What are you waiting for? Go and open the door!", I whispered at her signaling her to the door and she stared at me with disbelief.

"Why me? Shouldn't the man be the one to do that? But wait, does being gay make you a girl?", she says outloud and I glare at her. "Shh! They will hear you!"

"Why? Are you afraid of them knowing you are g-", I pull her and push her against the couch and place a finger over her lips to quiet her down, but regret doing so when I notice the position in which I put us in. Right now, she is under me and theres only a distance of 10 centimeters between us. We stare at each other eyes and forget about the doorbell ringing until taeyeon's phone rings and I get off of her to let her answer the call. 

"Yeo-yeobuseyo?!", she answers as she tries to keep herself from stuttering but fails and I look somewhere else with red cheeks. "You're outside?! Ahh, Okay! We'll open the door!" , she says and signals me to open the door. I stand up from the couch and do so, finding Hongki waiting outside. I look at him and roll my eyes before turning around and leaving to my room, feeling irritated by his visit. I hear Taeyeon's annoyed voice calling for me to return and apologize for being rude to our visitor but I ignore it and close myself inside of my room. 

I throw myself in bed and close my eyes, feeling ashamed when the first thing that comes into my mind is her face. Taeyeon's face. Honestly, treating her like a sister wasnt in my plan at first but something changed my mind. 

 

 

~ Flashback start ~ 

(A week ago: When our secret was revealed) 

 

We were walking back home after a tiring day filled with questions from all of our classmates (and some other students from different classrooms) that were curious of our hidden relationship. We hadn't been talking much after the small arguement we had earlier that day. Honestly, I didnt want to talk about what had happened and I was hoping for her not to talk about it either but like always, life didnt go my way. 

"Key..", Out of nowhere she stopped in her track and held to my coat, keeping me from walking further. I cursed internally and turned to look at her with a questioningly look, waiting for her to talk her thoughts. 

"I wanted to say sorry for my outburst of anger earlier this morning. When you told me your reason for helping me out, it kind of offended me and I exploded.. For that, im sorry..", she spoke with a apologetic look and bow her head down slightly as I stared at her speechless, taken aback by what she was doing. She was apologizing to me for something she had never done wrong and by the looks of her expression it was a sincere apology. She was even speaking in formal lenguage. Deep within me, I was truly moved.

"Also, I couldnt thank you formally this morning. For what you did for me, I cannot express how thankful I am to you. What you did for me, truly made me happy and wanted. Thank you so much.", Once again, she bow her head down slightly and I looked at my surroundings nervously as I felt my heart beat harshly against my ribcage. Someone who was older than me had apologized and was thanking me in a formal way right now. I had done something good to help someone for the first time and recieving a thanks made me feel a sudden proudness that I had never felt before. It was really moving. I didnt know what to respond and it was driving me nuts. What could I say in this situation? 

"Even when I know that you are probably going to reject me again, I will ask you once more. Can you please start seeing me like your real sister from now on? I promise I will do my best and turn into the best sister in planet earth, just accept me please?", She asked and looked into my eyes with puppy eyes and thats when I lost the game. 

"Umm. Okay..", I answered quietly and the next thing that happened made my heart stop. She stood in her toes and reached for my cheek, giving me a light peck on it. It felt like if everything that was surrounding us had dissappeared, leaving only us in a white colorless and soundless world, in which only my heartbeats could be heard. I blinked a few times and felt how my cheeks were burning, before she spoke again with an eye smile, "Lets be good with each other and start over, brother!"

 

 

~ Flashback Ends ~ 

 

Just like that I had lost the game and lost myself in it aswell. Seriously though, how could I possibly say no to her after all that?! She even spoke formally to me! To me, who is younger! I was lost! I couldnt stop thinking about the kiss over and over, replaying the scene in my head and trying to convince myself that it was just an innocent kiss. Maybe what people said was true, you get lost when someone kisses you for the first time. Wait, was that also meant for cheek pecks?  But I was gay! I shouldnt have felt anything! I shouldve felt disgust just like when nicole kissed me! Why was I feeling so flustered over it?!

I kicked the air and seated up in my bed, opening the drawer to look for a book to entertain myself but finding the knife that Taeyeon used when she was trying to commit suicide. I grabbed it and analyzed it carefully. This knife looked so unfamiliar to me even after looking at it several times. I was well familiarized with every single kitchen utensil we had because cooking was one of my hobbies, but I had never seen this one before. This knife had to be something that belonged to her not to us. Maybe it belonged to the orphanatory. But if it did belong to them, then why did she bring it with her? Had she tried to commit suicide before? 

She told me that the reason for her suffering was someone with the name of Sohyun that was supposedly haunting her. Why did this name sounded so familiar to me? Where had I heard it before and why couldnt I remember? And more importantly, why did it feel like if I was related to that person named Sohyun? 

"Im back home! Omo! Hongki, its been so long!", I heard my mother's voice filled with excitement. By the fact that I could hear it all over here, I knew that she was screaming and hugging the out of the poor dude by now. I sighed and returned the knife to the drawer before heading out of my room and running downstairs. 

"Did you buy my choco donuts? Im feeling in the mood for a snack.", I asked as I entered the kitchen where the three of them placed the groceries on their place and my mom nod and handed me a plastic bag that had another bag inside with my donuts.

"It looks like you still have an obsession for choco donuts! The same old Key~", Hongki said smiling and I rolled my eyes and started heading to the living room, seating on the couch and eating a donut while I stared at the screen of the tv without paying attention to what went in it.

"By the way mother, I wanted to ask for permission to go to the theater with  hongki and some other friends . Can I please go?", I heard Taeyeon ask my mother and I started biting the donut more harshly without me noticing. Now she wants to go with hongki to the theater and leave me here alone! What a good older sister! 

"Of course you can go! Just dont return past 8pm, okay?", my mother said and Taeyeon started to run to her bedroom to get ready. Hongki joined me in the living room soon afterwards. 

"If you want to come with us to the theater, you can come too.", Hongki said and I looked at him expressionless. "Sorry but I cant join you. I have other plans with my friends already.", I lied and stared back to the screen , ignoring him for the rest of the time that took Taeyeon to dress. When she was finally ready, she came down with one of the  liz lisa dresses that I had helped her buy. It was a cute blue floral dress that highlighted her slim body, giving her a delicate and cute appeareance. She was also wearing a small bow in her blonde hair that made her look even more adorable. 

"Im ready to go!", She said and Hongki nod his head and turned to me one last time, "Are you sure you dont want to join us?", he asked and I responded, "Naa. Maybe next time!" After that they left the house and  I was left alone feeling annoyed. 

"What a great sister I have! The best sister in the world!", I screamed sarcastically as I stared at the door with a glare. "Did you say something dear?", I heard my mother ask from the kitchen and felt my cheeks turn red from embarrassment. "I didnt say anything! Did you hear anything?!", I said back and ran upstairs, locking myself in my room.

I threw myself into the bed again, and burried my face in the pillows screaming into them. I didnt know what was happening to me. I just felt so irritated and angry. I took my phone out of my pocket and started texting SHINee, praying for them to have plans for today. Nobody had anthing at the end. I was left alone in a saturday with nothing to do and it frustrated me to know that while I was here, Taeyeon was having fun without me. I burried myself in the pillow again and closed my eyes, thats when it ocurred to me.

 

~ Flashback Start ~

 

I was walking through the halls of what looked like a hospital. Next to me, my mother held my hand and guided me through the hall towards our destination that at the moment, I was not conscious of. In the middle of the emptiness a woman who wore a nurse's outfit came out of one of the rooms and started pushing a wheelchair with another woman that was bold. While the nurse had a smile on her face the other woman wore a sorrowful expression. She looked so unhappy, so lifeless. I looked at them until they passed us  by, and then I turned to look at my mother.

"Who are we visiting, mother?", I asked her with a curious face, and she looked at me with a smile and responded, "My best friend's daughter. Don't worry, I'm sure you will get along well with her!"

After having found the room she was looking for, she stopped and knocked on the door. She did the same for a few times, until the door was opened and we were met with a woman. She was so beautiful but not as beautiful as my mother was, since my mother was the prettiest in the world to me. "Omo! How long without seeing each other! I'm so happy you came to visit!", the woman squealed as she pulled my mother into an embrace. I stood there, watching them hug, until I noticed that there was another girl inside of the room, staring at us curiously from her bed. 

"Is this your son, Kibum?!", the woman asked my mother once her eyes were focused on me, and when my mother nod her head, the woman pulled me into a hug. I send a questioningly look to my mother, wondering what to do next, but she only smiled to me and started entering the room. After a few seconds, the woman let go of me and signaled me to enter the room too. Once inside, I could take a closer look of the little girl that lied in her bed. She looked younger that me, and way more fragile aswell. She had a kneedle connected to her vain, that told me that she was probably sick.  

"This is, Kim Sohyun, my youngest daughter! I hope you two get along well!", The woman looked at me with a smile, and I stared at her for a few seconds before staring back at the little girl who stared at me curiousity. "My name is Kim Kibum, nice to meet you!", I introduced myself and watched as the girls expression brightened. 

 

~ Flashback End ~

 

I opened my eyes and jumped out of my bed, running at full speed downstairs. Kim Sohyun. How could I possibly have forgotten about her?! How could I have broken my promise and forgotten about her?! Even though It's been around 8 years since I last saw her, how could I have forgotten about her?! She used to be my best friend at that time, how could I have forgotten?!

Once I was in the first floor, I went straight into the kitchen and seated on the table. My mother was cooking peacefully on the stove, and it seemed that she hadn't noticed my prescence just yet. How could I ask her about it?

"Mother, I have something to ask you about...", I said in a firm voice and she turned around to look at me with a startled expression, "Gosh, Key! You scared me! For how long have you been here?!" 

"Remember Kim Sohyun? The youngest daughter of one of your friends that suffered of Leukemia and that we used to visit to the hospital? You remember her?!", I went right to the point and she stared at with a sorrowful look. "Yeah, I do remember her... I didn't think you remembered her though... It's been so long.."

"Why do I feel like she is related to Taeyeon somehow?!", I asked her, and she stared at me before sighing.

                                                            "That's because she was Taeyeon's youngest sibling.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everybody! 

I'm sorry for taking so long for this update >.<

I know I'm always late, but now I got more fics to update, so it is hard >.<

But now that I got myself a tablet, Imma try to update more often! (I probably wont though lol)

Anyways, in this chapter there were so many flashbacks of Key xDD  

He was also supposedly offended by his sister for leaving him but truly he was just jealous huh?

And some forgotten memories of Key were remembered!

 

Okay, and for those that are wondering about Taeyeon and Hongki's date, you will have to wait until next chap! So keep looking forward to it!

Anyways, now, I will introduce Lee HongKi.

   

He will have his hair like in those pictures (I'm not sure what era was that, I think it was during satisfaction)

He is 16 years old and in the same classroom than Onew. But they won't get along well.

 

He is a troublemaker in school, who will normally skip classes and get detention.

He also has a bad relationship with key after everything that happened. But deep inside, he still wishes to return to be the way it used to be when they were little. Lamentably, he has a hard time forgiving Key for taking his girl from him.

He has a small crush on Taeyeon. 

Okay, so thats everything i got to say about this character

I also wanted to shamelessly promote my new fanfic. Its going to be horror and include Taeyeon as one of the main characters. The first chapter is already out, im still preparing the next chapter. So if you have time, please check it out and support me^^ I NEED THE LOVE xDD Link: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/661093/hitori-kakurenbo-horror-taeyeon-suzukiairi-harumamiura-hitorikakurenbo

I also wanted to promote my bestfriend's "Moonlight Sin" Fanfic. Its Kaisoo!! So if you love EXO and love Kaisoo, please check it out and give her tons of love and support!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/675125/my-hero-abuse-bullying-romance--selfharm-exo-kaisoo

Anyways, thats all for today, see ya later guys