Chapter 4: First Day At His School

My Almighty Diva

                                               

After a 10 minute walk, Key stops and announces our arrival. I look at the sight infront of me, and my jaw drops to the ground. The school was enormous! Two four story buildings adorned by flowers of all colors, and trees from all sizes! Right in the center of the campus was a circular staircase, where you could sit if you wanted to eat outdoors, and two other four story buildings on the other side. I stared at the view with blinking eyes until the loud shouts of some boys distracted me from the panorama.

"Key!", I look around in their search and find them some meters away, shouting Key's name and signaling him to go join them. One of them caught my atenttion right away. I recognized him from somewhere. Wait, wasn't he the guy that was over at Key's place when I was first introduced? That's right! That's him! What was his name again? 

"Well, I already showed you the way. You're on your own now. See ya!", Key says before running to his friends, leaving me with no time to beg him to stay. *Where do I go now?!* I look around and notice that the number of students outside is quickly increasing. *I know! I'll just follow everyone to the entrance and once inside, i'll ask for directions to the main office!*

Little did I know, that the crowd of students inside was soo big that it was suffocating! Yeah, the building was big but the number of students inside was far from big, was enormous! Everywhere I looked, strangers was what I found. *I can do this!* Suddenly, the school bell rings, and the situation worsens. Now, everyone was running and pushing people out of their ways. *Eottokhae! I have to get out of here before I get run over!* I was running in the way, most of them were running to, until I collided against a guy, sending him to the ground.

"I'm so sorry! I'll watch where i'm go-", before I can finish my line, i'm being pulled by the arm by the same guy. We run and run, trying to escape the stampede. Once we reach an almost empty spot, we stop and take our time to regain ourselves. 

"You! I know you! You're Taeyeon, Key's adoptive sister, right?", he asks and when I nod, he continues, "I'm Lee Jinki but feel free to call me Onew", he introduces himself. "Today's your first time here, right? Are you lost? Need any help?", he asks. 

"Yeah! I am lost. Really lost. I need to get to the main office to know what class i'm suppose to be in.  Do you know where that is?", I explain as I notice a group of girls pointing at us while glaring at me. What did I do for them to glare at me like that? Kids this days..

"Yes, I do! I can take you there! No biggie!", he says and winks at me making my cheeks turn pink. "Thank you!", I bow down to show how thankful I am. "Follow me!", he starts his pace and I follow him. 

"I'm really sorry about our first meeting. Key didn't mean what he said. He was just not having a good day that day, so don't worry about him, okay? He's a little dramatic sometimes..", he says as he smiles to himself. 

"No, I know he dislikes me very much, and I have no idea how to get on his good side.", I say as I remember Key's cold words from this morning. 

"Just give him sometime to get used to having you", Onew says and pauses for a second before continuing, "Actually, he's just upset that it had to be a girl. You know, he was going to have a twin sister but his mother got into a car accident, and they had to sacrifice the girl in order to save Key. Deep inside, he feels guilty about his sister's death even when it wasn't his fault. So just give him sometime. I'm sure he's going to get used to the idea of having you around sooner or later. Don't get him get to you, alright?", he ends up by tapping my back in a friendly manner. 

He was going to have a twin sister?! How didn't I know about this?! Maybe that's the reason why he dislikes me to begin with. He feels that i'm taking his sister's place. My heart sunk at all these thoughts. There was so many things I didn't know about Key and a long way before I could call him my "brother". I don't know how I will do it, or when will I achieve it, but I do know that I want to accomplish it. I want to get closer to Key.. 

"We are here!", Onew's voice makes me break from my thoughts. "Thank you so much", I bow down once again to show my gratitude. "Well, I have to go now or I'll be late for class. Actually i'm already late keke.", he laughs awkwardly. "It was great to talk to you! I hope we can do it again other time! Come to me when you need help on something, okay?", he says and I bow down again. "Thank you! I will!", I say and give him a friendly smile that he returns. "See you around, Taeyeon!", he waves goodbye,  turns around and runs to the exit door of building A.

I open the door to the office, and as soon as I'm inside, a woman with red curly hair approaches me. By her appearance, I can calculate she's in her middle 30s. 

"Kim Taeyeon?", she asks as she looks at me through her glasses.

"Yes, that's me!", I bow down and send her a friendly smile but her expression remains serious.

"I've been waiting for you! How are you? I'm Park Bom! I will be your teacher starting from now on. Nice to meet you.", she says as she introduces herself. "Its a pleasure to meet you too! Please take care of me!", I bow down again as I smile, and her expression softens slightly

"Follow me, Taeyeon! I'll take you to the classroom!", She leaves through the door and gestures me to follow her quickly. It surprises me when I find that the crowd of students has disappearead by now, leaving only a few students wondering in the halls.

"I heard you are Kim Kibum's step sister. Am I correct?", she asks with a serious professional tone of voice.

"Yes. You are correct. I was adopted by his family some days ago.", I answer in the most formal way. By now, we are outside, heading to building B.

"That's great! Maybe you could slap some manners into that bad boy!", she laughs jokingly as I stare at her puzzled by her sudden change in attitude. She must be quite close to Key if she knows how unmannerly he really is. Wait! If she knows i'm related to Key, she could unintentionally mention it to my future classmates. If she does, that's going to make Key mad. REALLY MAD! 

Suddenly, Key's cold words from this morning echo inside of my brain:

"So you better keep your mouth shut or i'll stitch it for you" 

That looks painful just thinking about it. I have to do something to keep her from revealing it, and I have to do it quick!

"Umm.. Excuse me but can you do me a favor please?", I start by grabbing her atenttion. "Sure, what is it?", she turns to look at me with a concerned look. 

"Can you please not mention that i'm related to Key to anyone? He doesn't want anyone to know." 

"That little filthy brat asked you to keep it a secret huh? Probably because he's afraid you might take his popularity away.", she sights. Popularity? Just how popular can a jerk like him be? ," Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret!", she winks at me and I thank her. 

"Okay! Here we are! This is going to be your classroom from now on. B-2, remember that symbol, okay? Wait in here, I've got to announce the news to everyone first. Enter when I gesture you to come in, alright?", she orders and I nod as my heart raises due to the nervousness. She walks inside and greets everyone as I wait patiently for her signal. 

"Hello, class! Today I've got some interesting news to tell all of you! You'll be having a new classmate! Please be nice to her..", She says excitedly and everyone starts whispering making my fear grow bigger. 

"Please give a warm welcome to Kim Taeyeon!", she turns to me and gestures me to come inside. My heart skips a heat and I gulp as I step forward inside. "Please take care of me!", I bow down and feel the eyes of everyone over me. However, there was that one stare that felt heavier than the rest. I look around and meet the eyes of the person that I was trying to avoid the most. I try to smile friendly, but he simly rolls his eyes and stare somewhere else. 

"Can you please tell us something about yourself so we could know you a bit better?", the teacher asks and I look back at the rest of the class. Everyone stared at me with curiosity. 

"I..I..", My mind was in blank. There was nothing about myself that I could reveal to them. My family background? I had nothing. They died. And my new family had to be kept secret. Where I lived? That was something that would lead them to finding I lived with Key. Everything led to Key. I stare blankly at him as if he could help me answer but he just kept glaring at me, reminding me what he said this morning. 

Out of panic, I let out the first thing that came to my mind, "I.... love... puppies?", I spill and everyone around the classroom starts laughing. Everyone except Key, of course. Well, atleast I made everyone else laugh, even if it was at me that they were laughing at. 

"How cute!", I hear some boys squeal as they send me winks and flirtatious smiles. Meanwhile, most girls glare at me.

"Well... that's interesting! Now go and take a seat next to Sunny! Please raise your hand so she would know.", The teacher says and a girl waves a hand at me to come seat with her. I walk to my seat, and sight of relief when I notice that Key's seat was two rows away from me. Atleast I won't be seating anywhere close to him..

"Okay, class! Open your science textbook on page 56. Sunny, can you please share your book with Taeyeon until she gets her textbooks tomorrow?", she orders sunny and sunny obbeys moving her desk closer to mine. 

The rest of the class was as any other i've been before. I was a bit surprised at the fact that i'm a bit in advance than the rest of the students. Probably, because the orphanage's school was all week long, we studied more than any plubic school. It makes me feel smarter somehow.

The first period ends within an hour and a half. Since students in this school don't tend to change classrooms every one a period starts, a new teacher comes to our room. Its a man this time, who calls himself Kim HyunBin and its our social studies teacher.  I take the chance to observe Key secretly during class. He pays atenttion and makes some notes. His bangs falling over his eyes gently. If it wasn't for his bad temper and unmannerly ways, he would be the coolest guy I've ever seen.

As I observe Key deeper and deeper, the bell rings making me jump out of my seat and grabbing everyone's atenttion, including Key's. Well.. that was unexpected. 

"Well, class! Its time for lunch! Make sure not to run through the hallways!", Mr. Kim hyunbin yells but nobody listens. I look at Key's seat but he has already disappeared so I followed everyone to the cafeteria which was back in building A. Once In the cafeteria I head to grab my lunch which was free.

Once with my plate in the hands,I look around for an empty table to seat on. As I search, I find Key sitting alone in a table and an idea comes to my mind. If i'm lucky enough, maybe I can sit with him! I walk to his table, but before I tried sitting down next to him, he gives a death glare.

"All the seats are taken! Go away!", he orders me and I sight. "Alright! Alright! No need to scream at me!", I turn around and walk to the next empty table instead. I guess my hopes of sitting with him were too high.

"I guess I'll just eat alone..", I murmur to myself as I take a mouthful of my food. I started oberving Key again. He's still seating alone but I know he's waiting for someone since he's been rejecting everyone who has attempted to seat in the table.

After five minute of waiting by himself, his group of friends arrive. They are all good looking. It seems Onew's included in the group as well. They seem to be having a good time together. I really wish I could join them, but instead i'm sitting here watching them like a stalker. Suddenly, something really unexpected happens: Key smiles. It wasn't directed for me, but for some other guy. Even though, it was so beautiful it made my heart flutter.

"It's good to know he also know how to smile...", I say out loud.

"Who knows how to smile?", a sweet voice inside my mind asks. 

"Key..", I answer before noticing that the sweet voice belonged to Sunny, not to my own mind. 

"Yah! You startled me!", I half yell as I rub my chest on the side of my heart. 

"Sorry to interrupt your little daydreams with Key, but I needed to know if the seats on this table are free to sit on.", she laughs as I blush in embarrassment. 

"Umm. Yes! They are available!", I answer and she sits next to me. This is great! Atleast I won't seat alone anymore!

"So how was it today? Are you liking the school so far?", she asks and I nod enthusiastically as I chew on my food.

"That's great! I can see you're already crushing on Key oppa too, huh?", she hits my arm with her elbow gently and I almost choke on my food. She hands me my bottle of water and I gulp it down making the food flow down in my throat. 

"I think you're mis-", I try to explain the misunderstanding but get interrupted by two boys who are shouting our way. "Sunny!", they shout out for her and she gestures them to come. 

"Annyeong, Sunny! Who's this? New student? I haven't seen her before..", the shortest boy asks as he gives me a strange look. 

"Annyeonghasseyo! My name is Kim Taeyeon. Please take care of me!", I stand up and bow down at them. 

"Woaaahhh! Calm down! No need to be so formal! Geez..", the same guy says as he gives me the same strange look.

"Yah! She's my friend! Be more nice to her, or I will hurt you!", Sunny slaps the guy in the arm and he glares at her.

"Okay! Fine! Annyeong! My name is Lee Hongki. I'm Sunny's older brother.", he smiles and brings his hand for me to shake.

"And I'm Lee Jaejin. Hongki's best friend. Its nice to meet you.", the tallest one does the same than the last guy.

"That's better! Now you're allowed to sit down and enjoy your lunch.", Sunny says and we do as she says.

"So what were you guys talking about before we came?", Hongki asks with a curious face and an eyebrow raised. 

"SHINee..", Sunny answers and I stare at her confused. Shiny? what's that? 

"Seriously? That gang that's filled with a bunch of idiots?", Hongki's expression darkens as he talks about the subject. 

"Excuse me.. Can I ask what's shiny?", I ask curiously and she nods. 

"It's SHINee, with double e's at the end. That's Key little gang. They are quite popular all around the school for their handsome looks. They even have their own fanclub! Crazy, isn't it?", she says as she points at them with her eyes.

"Handsome my ..", Hongki growls at the thought of his sister calling them handsome. So.. that's the reason he doesn't want nobody to know i'm his adoptive sister.. Makes sense.. I examine them closely and they all seem to be happy together. Key seems the happiest with them.. I wish he can show me that side of him one day..

"In fact, 2 SHINee members are in our class. Kim Kibum, the umma, and Kim Jonghyun, the apa of SHINee.", Sunny explains and something freaks me out a little. Umma? Apa? What the hell?

"And those two little faggots are in love with each other! Just look at them acting lovey dovey with each other!", Hongki says and my eyes widen at what he said.

"Faggots?!", I ask and she shooks her head and kicks hongki off the table.

"Those are only rumors! Stop spreading fake rumors, Hongki!", Sunny half yells at him, who's now laying at the floor glaring at her. Wait, are those rumors only rumors? Oh my god.. What if... he can't be gay, can he? IS HE?! 

When school lunch was over, we said goodbye to the two boys and head back to the classroom. On our way back to class, I couldn't help but to think about the chance that Key was gay and in love with his best friend, Jonghyun.

He looks really... Honestly, he does look a little bit gay, that it wouldn't surprise me if he actually was. But still! I want to hold to the hope that he is straight and all this are just rumors created by his fanclub and Hongki. Wait! How would it affect me if he was gay? It wouldn't at all. Then why am I even worrying about it? I shouldn't!

"Be careful with the door!", Sunny yells at me, but it was too late. I've already crashed myself against the door. Ouch! I felt a stinging pain in my forehead. "Yah! Gwaenchanna?! This is what happens when you keep daydreaming, Taeyeon." , Sunny helps me up the floor and I nod.

"Ouch! This will leave you a mark..", Sunny says as she checks my swelled up forehead. 

"Aigoo! How could you hit yourself against something that's infront of you? You're dumber than what I thought..", I look around and there he is.. next to his friend and possible lover, Jonghyun. I bow down and he rolls his eyes before entering in the classroom with jonghyun following from behind. 

"What's wrong with him? Anyways, should we just go to the nurse's office?", Sunny says with a worried expression and I shook my head. "No! I'm really okay! Let's go now!", I open the door and we both enter and take our seats.

Third period was just awful. My head kept on hurting and throbbing during class, distracting me from what the English teacher was teaching us today. The pain slowly started fading on fourth period. It was math! My favorite subject! This time it was a middle aged woman in her middle 30s. She introduced herself as Gong Minzy.

I listened to the teacher carefully as I stared from side to side until I saw Key sleeping on his desk. His black bangs falling over a side of his face. His face looked so soft and sensitive.. He looked so peaceful compared to the cold guy that always glares at me. How can someone this beautiful be so mean to me? 

"I see you are staring at Key..", Sunny whispers at me and winks, making me get goosebumps in my skin.

"I'm not!", I whisper back.  "Who dares to speak during my class?!", the teacher yells and we flinch and try to act normal.

After a minute, Sunny hands me a small folded paper and I open it to read it.

"Are you in love with Key?", It was even written in pink pen and with a heart. So childish!

"No! I would never fall for a jerk like him!", I write my replay and hand it to her. 

"Yah! He's not a jerk! It's just that he has trouble expressing himself! In reality, he's a good person!", Sunny replied not long after.

"Just how close are you two to say that?", I wrote back with a puzzled expression. 

She hands me her reply, with a proud grin, "More than you may think. In fact, i'm the only girl he considers harmless. We've known each other since we were in diapers. Our families are even friends! So lets just say, we are old friends."

"Yah! Kim Kibum! Didn't I already tell you to not sleep in my class again?! You little filthy brat!", The sudden shouts of the teacher startles everyone. I look at Key, who is now rubbing his eyes and complaining about the noise. 

"I swear if I see you sleeping again, i'll make sure they kick you out of this classroom or get you expulsion!", The teacher threatens but he rolls his eyes at her making her to grow even more upset. Woah.. i'm guessing i'm not the only one who he glares at.. After a few more minutes, the bell rings again announcing school's over for today. Everyone jumps out of their seats and runs out of the classroom, leaving only me, Sunny and Key inside. 

"So I guess I'll see you tomorrow! Here is my number! Text me, okay? Anyways, see ya tomorrow!", Sunny kisses my cheek and leaves the classroom as I blush at what she did.

"Well, well, it seems you made a new friend already, doesn't it?", he stands up from his seat, his voice sounding scary. 

"Umm. Yes!", I gulped down as he came closer and closer until he was just a few cetimeters away from my face. My heart started raising at how approximately close he was. 

"Follow me..", he whispers softly into my ear. Gawd! what was he doing?!

"Where?!" I ask suspiciously. "What do you mean with where? To our house duh. Wait, where you just having erted thoughts about you and me?!", he looks at me with an evil smirk and I shook my head saying no.

"Aren't you afraid of people seeing us together?"

"Naaa. By now, they are all gone. Trust me, I know how they work. Just follow me or i'll leave you!", he turns around as he starts walking and I follow him out of the classroom. When I looked at the hallways, I realized that what he said was true. The school was empty. Woah! That was fast!

"So.. I heard you are popular around the school, is tha true?, I ask in an attempt to talk to him. 

"Hmm. yup! Weren't you popular before?", he asked 

"Sort of.. But not as much as you and your group.", I answered and he just nods. OMO! he's actually talking to me! 

"Anyways, i'm going to ask you to do me a favor. As soon as we graduate from High school, I want you out of my house, okay?", his voice returns to being cold as ice. "Wait! whut? why?", I stare at him looking for an explanation. Why is he asking for this so suddenly?

"Promise me you will leave by then!", he says and my heart drowns in a sudden pain.

"What if I don't?!", this time, i'm the first to glare. 

"If you don't, then I will be the one leaving and you will die of guiltiness for making me leave my own house.", he answers me with full confidence. I decide not to reply back and he doesn't seem to bother either. The rest of walk was quiet just as the one this morning. 

Once we are home, our mom recieves us with a big welcoming hug. "How was school,honey?", she asks and I fake a smile and answer her with a "great". 

"That's good! Now go and change! I made cookies for you guys!", she says and we do as she says. Each of us going on our opposite directions. Once inside my room, I throw myself on bed and stare at the white ceiling. 

Well, today I learned 5 things about Key. 

 

1. That he had a twin sister who died before being born, and that he feels guilty for her death. 

2. That he's a member of SHINee. A group of good looking guys that are quite popular around the school.

3. That there's a possibility that he's gay and in love with his best friend, Jonghyun.

4. That he wants me out of this house as soon as we graduate from highschool.

 

5. That I will never be close to him... 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Annyeong!! So yeah, this chapter is quite loooong... Sorry about that..

Chapters will start to be this long from now on xD 

Many characters appeared in this chap huh? 

Anyways, thanks to Midnight Sin and her help^^ 

Subscribe or comment^^