Chapter 7: He's Going To Be Fine..

My Almighty Diva

                                 

 

Taeyeon's Pov

 

 

"You love him, right? It's one-sided love, right? You're gay, right?", I grab all the courage I can find to make myself mouth the questions I've been dying to answer. I watch as his whole body paralyzes for a mere second before he attacks me by pushing me against the wall that I had behind me. "What-what did you just say?!", I feel his breath hit my face as he screams at me from a few centimeters away. 

"You're busted! It's obvious you're head over heels for him! At first, when they told me about it, I didn't believe it! But this confirms it! You are in love with Jonghyun! You're gay!", I spit it directly to his face, as I fight the fear that having him so close makes me feel. I was conscious of how much harm he could cause me, but I had already crossed the line, and turning away was not an option. I had to finish what I started.

"Who told you that?! Who else knows of this?!", He was in the process of screaming at me, when he started shaking my body back and forward, making me feel dizzier and dizzier everytime. Suddenly, my head began throbbing and a stinging pain made me let out a whimper. I didn't know what was the cause of it, until my head met the wall, and I realized that if he didn't stop soon, I would get out of this with a bad concussion. 

"Please stop! You're hurting me!", My voice came out as a soft plead that was unheard within his screams. "Answer my question first! Who told you that I was gay?!"

I was about to lie to him by saying it was just come rumors I had heard, when a new voice decided to join our quarrel. "It was me!", Hongki's voice is heard, and Key lets go of me before turning around to meet the new guest, as I fall onto the ground from the dizziness I was feeling at the moment. 

"Why? Why would you do that?!", Key screams at Hongki, and I try to stand up from the floor, but failing instantly. This would turn out into a fight! I could already see it coming!  I had to do something to stop them!

"I don't know, really. I was just fooling around. Although, you are very femenine sometimes, I never thought that "Almighty diva" from SHINee would've actually been gay, but it seems you're admitting it.", I raise my sight to see Hongki's expressionless face as he talked to Key, who remained quiet.

"By the way, were you just playing with that 'girl' all along too? Were you just pretending to be straight, just to take her away from me? How cruel of you..", Hongki's voice breaks, and I could see that he was about to break down. He must be refering to the 'girl' that broke them apart. But Key isn't the type of person that would fake his ual preference to take somebody else's girl, is he? 

"I already told you that everything was a misunderstanding! I would never betray you like that! Why won't you believe me and let it in the past?!", I hear key's voice turn softer and sweeter as he tried to approach the other, while the other walked backwards.

"Don't come anywhere near me! I don't want to be close to someone that's gay like you.", Hongki shakes his head and looks at Key dissaprovingly, as the latter stops in his track. No... This is not right... Hongki has gone too far... This is hurting Key... I stare at both in shock, and try again to stand up, failing the first time again. This is all my fault! I need to fix his! I try to stand up again, this time actually achieving it, but when I look for Key, it's already too late. As if he had magically disappeared, he is nowhere to be seen. 

"Are you out of your mind?!", Ignoring how dizzy I was feeling, I ran towards Hongki, and slammed my hands against his back, getting him to turn around to face me instantly. "Yah?! Why did you do that?!, he screamed as his eyebrows furrowed. 

"No! Why did you do that?! You hurt his feelings, you idiot!", I slammed my hands against his back as the anger came flowing out of me. 

"Calm down! You're hurting me!", He grabs hold of my hands to prevent me from hitting him any more, before speaking, "He's going to be fine, trust me!"

"How can you be so sure?!", I escaped from his grip and shout at him, before he sended me a soft smile and replied me with confidence, "I know him better than anyone else, so I just know that he's strong enough to get through with this, trust me."

He's strong enough to get through with this..

I open the door to the laboratory carefully, with the hope of not getting noticed, but when everyone turns their heads to look at me, I let out a deep sigh and bow down in respect. Ignoring the stares that are resting on me, I walk silently towards my chair next to Jonghyun. Once seated, I start looking for any sign of Key's well being, but when I find none I sigh dissapointingly. He  got hurt because of my fault, and I couldn't even apaologize..

"Mrs Taeyeon, can you please follow me outside? We need to talk immediately.", The teacher gestures me to follow her and I stand up from my seat and walk after her.

"Where's Key?", The teacher asks once we are outside, and I look down at my feet, trying to hide the tears that were forming inside my eyes, and respond, "I don't know, he left me a while ago.. I thought he was going to be inside the classroom." 

"Omo! (Oh my!)  Did you hurt your head?!", I hear her voice get filled with worry as she touches one side of my head gently, making me twinge at the sudden contact. 

"What happened?! I don't remember seeing you with this earlier..", she asks with a thoughtful expression before her eyes widen, and she exclaims, "Did he perhaps hurt you?!"

"No! No! I just fell onto the ground and hurt my head in my way here!", I say as I shook my head in denial.

"Are you sure that's what happened?", She send me a suspiscious look, and I nodded several times until she was convinced. "Aish! That little punk! How dare he leave the classroom and drag one of my students with him like that?! Next time I see him, he's going to get it with me!", she cried in frustration, as she walked in circles while ruffling her hair.

After a few seconds, she stopped and took a close look at the bump in my head, before sighing, "You should go to the nurse's office and check if that 'thing' is nothing serious.. Now go! And if you see that little brat, tell him that he has detention, alright?!", she gestures me to leave and I bow down before turning around to leave to the nurse's office. 

As I walk through the lonely halls of the school, I gave myself permission to daydream. What I had been fearing for the past three days turned out to be true.  Key was in fact gay. But why was I fearing it from the beginning? Why was I in denial? I was not in the position to care about his business this much. I was only his adopted sister. Even less, I was only a stranger to him. I was only someone he despised. But then, why was I getting all worked up on the topic?

To add one more worry into my life, I was not only thinking too much about Key's ual orientation and about the troubles that he was going to go through because of it, but also about his past. As much as I understood, Key had a relationship with the girl that Hongki was so in love with and now that Key has admitted that he is gay, hongki thinks that he only pretended to be straigt to steal his girl. But is this really the truth? Or is there something behind all of this? Although, I don't know Key well enough, my heart keeps telling me that he wouldn't be capable of doing such thing, especially not to his own cousin. It has to be a misunderstanding! That's right, even Key claimed that it was a misunderstanding, and I trust in his words.  

As I enter the nurse's office, I meet an empty room. I look around the room, waiting for someone to come and attend me, but when nobody comes to my disposition, I seat down on one of the treatment beds and wait. As I play with my blonde hair, I let myself go back to the early events of today and reminisce the expression that Key gave me the last time I saw him. An expression glittering with anger and frustration, that deep inside, was packed with panic and worry that his secret was finally being revealed. I messed up pretty bad, and because of me he got hurt. I shouldn't have spoken. Instead, I should've had agreed to his petition, and atleast that way, gain a little bit of his sympathy. 

Just when the guilt starts to choke me, a loud explotion makes me leave my thoughts and jump out of the bed, looking at my surroundings for its cause and finding an empty room. Was it my imagination or there was a loud noise? Just when I was about to let it slide and take my seat again, I hear some whimperings coming from the nurse's bathroom. Gulping once, I proceed silently towards the bathroom, placing my ear against the door and trying to listen to the soft whimpers that came from inside, before knocking on the door once, "Is somebody there? I heard a loud noise, are you alright?"

"Yes. I just slipped and fell down, but I'm totally fine, don't worry..", I listen to a friendly voice that seems familiar to me, and nod to myself. 

"Are you sure you don't need any help? I can look for the nurse if you need her help.", I say when I realize that the person from inside is still on the floor, and perhaps he needs help to stand up.

"No, there's no need. I can do it by myself, don't worry.", His voice sounds a little insecure, and I try to turn the door knob to open the door, but when it doesn't open, I let out a sigh and go back to my seat. After a while, the door opens and a male student comes out of the bathroom with a plastic bag hanging from his arm. I take a close look at his face, and realize it's Onew.

"Oh! Annyeong (Hey), Taeyeon!", He greets me with a huge smile and I bow down to greet him in a formal manner, "Annyeong-hasseyo (hello), onew-sshi."

"Since we are friends, you should drop the honorifics, you know? Let's speak banmal (Informal lenguage) to each other! Call me Onew Oppa!", He walks to me and puts his arm around my shoulders, making my cheeks turn to a bright red because of the unexpected closeness. 

"Can I really do that? keke..", I say as an awkward laugh leaves my lips, and he nods with a wide smile that makes all of his white teeth visible, making me realize just how handsome he is. 

"So", I cough a few times to get rid of the weird thoughts that began surfing in my mind, and continue as I send a glance at the bathroom, "What happened inside, huh?"

"I already told you when I was inside. The floor was slippery so I fell right on my .", His arm leaves my shoulder to slap his hands together in an attempt to show me a clear image of how he fell. 

"Ouch! That must've hurt!", I make a facial expression of pain, and he turns to look at me as he replies, "You don't know how much it- Oh my god! What happened to your head?! Are you alright?!", He looks at me with concern and points at the small bump in my head. 

"Oh, this? I also slipped in the corridors and fell head first onto the ground. The floor is sure slippery, isn't it?", I say as I scratch my back nervously and he looks at me suspiciously, before turning to the same big smile than before.

"It's nice to know I'm not the only clumsy one in here keke", He says and we both laugh. 

"By the way, why are you here for?", I ask when we are done laughing, and he points at his plastic bag and answers, "I fell on a puddle of mud on our P.E class so I came here to ask them to lend me a uniform." 

"Woah, really?", I stare at him in disbelief and he nods proudly. Woah. He must be really clumsy to fall into a puddle of mud and slip in the nurse's restroom on the same day.

"So how is your relationship with Key doing? Are you two getting along better now?", He asks me and my mind goes back to what I was trying to forget about for a moment, Key. Getting along better? Noo. We are not getting along better, but worst. Right now, he's probably planning to burn me on an oven. I growl before I shook my head and answer with honesty, "No. I messed up and now there's zero percent chance of getting along."

"Why? Did something happen between you two?", He asks me and I hesitate over telling him what happened or staying quiet, but after some seconds, I decide for the latter. Even when Key and Onew are close friends, I doubt Key has ever talked about his feelings for Jonghyun to anyone, so If I tell Onew I'm only going to make the situation grow worst.

Just when I was about to tell him a white lie, the door opens and the nurse walks inside. We both stood up and bowed down at her, as she just nodded her head at us in approval. "Are you done changing, Mr. Lee Jinki?", she turned to look at Onew, and when he nodded, she continued, "Then you should go back to your classroom."

Onew nodded and turned to wave goodbye at me, before leaving the office. I watch as the door closes by itself, and I find myself grinning all of a sudden. It was nice talking to Onew again. He is a person that makes me feel comfortable and happy. I hope we get to do this another time. 

"So, can you please introduce yourself, sweeties? You must be new, since I haven't seen you before..", The nurse's squeaky voice grabs my attention, and I turn to look at her as I start to introduce myself, "My name is Kim Taeyeon from class B-2"

"Ahh, you're the new student from class B-2? Woah, you're just as pretty as they described you. Is that your natural hair color? It's so dazzling!", she caress my golden blonde hair, while staring at it with admiration. I nod as I feel my cheeks turn to bright pink because of the compliments.

"So, what can I help you with?", She asks and I point at the bump in my head, before her eyes widen. "Oh my! Look at that bump! How did you got that? Does it hurt?!"

 

 

 

 

After 9 hours of constant torture, the school bell rings and my head falls against the table as my classmates begin to stand up to leave.  The school hours have ended, and there's no sign of him.. Now what should I do? How will I be able to get home by myself? Should I ask someone to help me get there? No! That's going to reveal that I live with Key, and I don't want to mess up with that too, not when I messed up badly this morning. I remember the way home, or atleast most part of it! I can manage to get there by my own!

"Umm, Taeyeon-sshi?", I hear Jonghyun's voice from beside me, and I turn to look at him with a questioning look. I've been trying to avoid him since the morning, but it looks like I can't keep doing that.

"So what about tonight? Should we meet up?", He looks at me with a small shy smile and I feel pity for him. How can you be so clueless about Key's feelings for you, Jonghyun? Why can't you feel what he feels too? That way things would've been better for all the three of us. I sigh before I shook my head in rejection.

"Ahh, I understand. However, can I ask you why are you rejecting me now? It doesn't have nothing to do with Key, does it?", he asks me and I stare at him blankly, as if by waiting, an excuse would come right from heaven.

"No, It's not because of him. It's just that I forgot that I had some plans for tonight already, maybe next time we can go together.", I give him a friendly smile, before he nods coldly and walks away without saying anything else. Did he got mad?

I stood up from my seat and started to head out of the empty classroom, and through the corridors as I thought about a plan on how to get back home safely without getting kidnapped or lost. All I have to do is to follow the exact road that Key's been using, and if some stranger tries to approach me, run. I'll be totally fine! Let's get this over with!

No! I won't be fine! I've never done this before, much less, alone. What if someone comes to me without me knowing and kidnaps me to ask my parents for money?! Even worst, what if my parents don't have money and decide to let me die?! I don't want to die!

"Taengoo?",I hear a soft, smooth, motherly voice, and turn around to find my adopted mother standing next to me, grinning. Without realizing it, I interlock my arms around her waist, as she giggles and caresses my hair. 

"I'm here to take you home. Were you just about to have a mental breakdown right now?", my mother asks and I nod my head into her chest, as I respond, "I was afraid of walking back home by myself."

"Ahh, by the way, do you perhaps know what's wrong with Key? He came crying into the house earlier, but before I could ask him what was wrong he ran away and locked himself on his room. He hasn't come out since then..", my mother asks me and I stay still inside of her arms, feeling a prick of pain inside of me. He cried? He cried because he was hurting.. Mother, today I was really bad to him, I'm sorry..

"I don't know..", I replied as I let go of her and turn my back at her to hide the guilty tears that were already forming inside of my eyes. "Let's go home!", I say and start walking forward praying for silence. Thankfully, she doesn't ask anything else and the rest of the trip falls silent. 

 

 

 

After 10 minutes of our walk, we are finally inside of our home. I bow down at my mother announcing my temporal leave, and start walking towards the stairs that made way to where my room was located, but my mother's pleading voice stops me, "Please talk to him. He refuses to talk to me. There's a chance he listens to you."

There's a chance he listens to me. It's less likely than seeing pigs fly. How can I expect him to open the door if I knock, especially after all I've caused? Even if he opened it, it would be to murder me inside. But even so, I needed to apologize to feel less guilty, and to do that, I had to give it a try. I nodded my head at my mother and started climbing the stairs as I felt my heart race with each stair I climbed.

Now, I was standing right infront of his door, trying to get all the courage possible to knock on it. But first, I was preparing the speech that I was going to give him. I couldn't say sorry just like that, I had to make the apology sound honest and sincere. 

"Key, for digging more than I had to into your privacy life and for messing up with probably your biggest secret, I'm truly sorry. Since the beginning, I should've just ignored my curiosity and leave your life alone, but I couldn't control myself because you are so interesting to me.." Wait, what the ? That sounded like something coming from the twilight saga. I need another way to explain myself if I don't want him to misunderstand me! 

"Key, for digging into your privacy life and for messing up with probably your biggest secret, i'm truly sorry. And even though I know that anything I say will seem like an excuse now, I hope you can forgive me and wish that one day, we can get along with each other.." That sounds acceptable! All I have to do now is knock! On the count of three!

One... Two... Three...

Just when I was a second from knocking, his door slams open and I jump in fright. What the ?! Did he had to open it right in this moment and give me a heart attack?! I open my eyes, to stare at a well dressed Key, and give him a shy smile. 

"Get the out of my way!", He simply says as he tries to pass through me, but I block his way, as I claim, "No! First you have to listen to what I have to say!"

"Taeyeon, i'm going to tell you this only once more in case you didn't hear me clearly, get the out of my way!", he says as he pushes me aside making me fall ontop of my , and leaving me there, like a complete loser. 

AISHHH!! STUPID JERK!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Annyeong, yeorobeun! (Hello, everyone!)

So after 3 weeks, I'm back with such a boring chapter lol

It was supposed to be a Taeyeon-Key POV, but since Key's POV was as long as this chapter, that would only make this chapter longer, so I decided to post that chapter a bit later. 

Next chapter will be way better, i'm even excited>.<

This chapter was basically just Taeyeon and her worries xD. And onew and his clumsiness.

 

Okay, So in this chapter, I wanted to introduce you to Kim Taeyeon (probably everyone knows her already but still)

 

So yeah, In my fanfic, she's naturally blonde, and since seeing a naturally blonde korean is like harder than seeing pigs fly, everyone finds her mesmerizing. Her hair is also long and wavy. She's still 5'3 in height and 45kg in weight, so that remainds the same xD

 

She's 15 in my fanfic, and 6 months older than Key, which makes her Key's noona (older sister)^^

Her favorite subject is Science, and her most hated is Social studies. She loves singing and dancing, and she's also talented in that. She worries a lot about those who she loves, (as you can see already) and easily gets fond of people (as you can also see already) Since the first time she saw Key, she started feeling interested in him, and she has made her life goal to get closer to him! 

 

So yeah, those are only some details to describe her on my fanfic^^

So lets keep supporting GIRLS GENERATION and TAEYEON!! 

Now, byeee! I LOVE YOU!