Chapter 9: Shopping With The Diva

My Almighty Diva

                                             

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

I opened my eyes and looked up at the boring ceiling, letting memories of yesterday fill me up. Yesterday has been one of the most exhausting days of my whole life. Yesterday, was the day when I committed my first bad deed to someone. I hurted Key, my adoptive brother, and I've never felt this much regret before. 

I let out a sigh and turn to look at the clock to check the time, and find the number 5:00 mocking me. Another day of waking up an hour early.. Another hour of sleep that I'm wasting. Not finding any remedy to this, I get out of bed and start to make my way to the bathroom. Atleast I will have plenty of time to take a relaxing shower.. I walked silently through the corridors, stoping right infront of the bathroom to take a glance of Key's door. I wonder if he had a good night sleep..

After taking a long shower that washed away all of my worries, I changed into my uniform and got out of the bathroom feeling refreshed. Again, I took a glance of Key's door, wondering if he was planning to attend school. I hope he plans to go, or else, I'll have to walk to there by my own. I stomped my feet against the floor, feeling scared of having to walk alone to school before heading down stairs to have breakfast.

As I would always, I grabbed a plate and filled it with skim milk and cherios cereal, walking to seat on the table once my breakfast was prepared to be eated. Before I could take the first spoon into my mouth, I was interrupted by the sight of my adoptive mother making her way inside of the kitchen. "Where is Key?! Did he came home last night?!", As soon as she was inside she ran to my side, questioning me with a worried look. Yesterday, we both grew tired of waiting for Key to return, so I had convinced her to go to sleep. 

"Yes, he did! Don't worry, he is fine!", I reassured her, while her features started to go back to normal. "Thanks god! I was so worried!", she said as she placed one hand in her forehead, her worried expression now replaced by one of relief. 

"Umm? By the way, are you going somewhere, mother?", I asked her when I noticed how nicely dressed up she was. "Oh, yes. Your father asked me to make a visit to the hospital where his mother is hospitalized. That's why, I'm all dressed up!", She said excitedly, and I looked at her with curiosity. Now that I think about it, I haven't been introduced to any of my adoptive parents family yet. I didn't even know that my adoptive grandmother was hospitalized, and this fact made me feel a little bit of concern towards her even without even knowing her.

"Why is she hospitalized, mother?", I asked softly, trying to not make myself sound too nosy. "You see, your grandmother has been fighting against cancer for quite some time now.", she says in a sad voice, before returning to her usual enthusiastic voice, "But the doctors said she is about to win the fight!" 

"Ahh... When will I meet her?", I looked at her curiosity filling my eyes, hoping for the best answer. "You will meet her soon, you will see! Today, I'm going to tell her about you for the first time, so it's better for you not to go for now. But next time, I will take you to the hospital with me to meet her, okay?!", she says and I nodd satisfied with the answer. It was reasonable. It would be a little shocking if your daughter in law suddenly brought a stranger to you saying that its your new grandchild, wouldnt it?

Just then, a new figure walked into the kitchen. My mother standing up from her seat and running to embrace a tired looking Key. "Where the hell were you last night?", She said as she hugged him tightly, Key looking a little uncomfortable at the sudden outburst of his mother.  

"I went out with a friend, calm down.", He said as he tried his hardest to get out of his mother's arms. "Why didn't you ask for permission?! Why did you turned off your phone?!", she let go of him and screamed at him while crossing her arms. 

"You were taking a nap when I went out, I didn't want to bother you. My phone ran out of battery so I couldn't recieve any calls.", he excused himself and started heading to the fridge to grab his daily chocolate donut, and his glass of milk. He is lying.. Something about the look in his eyes is telling me.. 

"Anyways, don't ever do that again! I was so worried about you!", she walked to him again and placed a kiss on his cheek, as Key gave her a weird look.

"Are you going somewhere?", he asked his mother when he noticed how dressed up she was and she nodded, as she said, "I'm going to visit your grandmother!" After that, the rest of breakfast was deadly quiet. Each one of us eating their meal silently, until a phone ring broke that quietness. 

"I'll get it!", Key said and started walking towards the leaving room to answer the phone. "Yeobuseyo? This is the Kim's family, who would you like to speak to?", I listened to his voice, as I ate the last spoon of cheerios that was on the plate. "Ahh, I understand. Thank you for informing us. Goodbye!", He said before hanging up and walking back to the kitchen.

"It was the school. They said one of the main pipes broke down, causing entire building B to have a flood. For that, they said there's no school until monday.", He explained and I started feeling nervous. My mother was leaving, that only meant I would have to stay with Key alone.  my life..

"Ahh, I see.. So you will have the whole day free, right?", I heard my mother ask and Key nodded in reply. "Great! Key, please take Taeyeon to the mall. I haven't been able to take her yet, so I want you to take her, okay?", she said in a ordering way rather than in a pleading way and I looked at her with dilated eyes. Me and key, shopping alone, NO! 

"Wait, you want me to take her shopping?! No!", He refused and started turning around to walk away before her mother's angry voice froze him in track, "It's an order!" 

"It's okay! He doesn't have to! I can wa-", I was saying before I was interrupted, "Okay, I will.", he said before walking towards his room, leaving me with my mouth open. ... This is not good... ABORT MISSION NOW!

"Go and change! I will be giving you both a ride to the mall, alright?", my mother ordered and I nodded and walked up stairs to my room. Oh my god! I'm going shopping with my Key! I can't believe it! I screamed inside of my brain and started jumping in excitement when I was inside of my room, throwing myself into the bed when I was next to it. Hold on! Something is soo wrong in here! Did I just called him 'my Key'? 

I stood up from my bed and headed to my almost empty closet, grabbing one of the only three dresses I owned and taking off my uniform to put the dress on. It was a red dress made of silk, a present from my biological mother and one of the only remainings of my old life. I put it on and get flashbacks of the day when the present was given to me.

 

*FLASHBACK START*

 

It was one day of march. It was the day of my birthday. I remember being seated on our leather sofa and staring outside the window, as snow fell down from the sky, covering the ground. Seeing snow fall in march wasn't common in seoul, but that year it had been different. It was raining snow in the day of my birthday, and I remember taking it as a present from god. 

"Dear, what are you doing?", My mother talked to me in a lovingly tone and I turned my eyes from the window to her, noticing the red present box in her hands first. "I'm watching the snow fall, umma! God is congratulating me for my birthday!", I said excitedly as I pointed at the white snow outside.

"A present from god, huh? I also got you something, here!", She walked towards me and handed me the box, my smile growing big and my eyes twinkling. We didn't celebrate our birthdays, but my mother would always try to give me a small presents inform of congratulations for our birthdays. "Can I open it?", I asked hoping for her to say yes.

"Of course! I hope you will like it!", She said as I started getting rid of the paper wrappers and opening the box, finding the red dress inside. I thanked my mother by giving her a hug and asked her if I could wear it that day, getting a nod from her, and rushing to change.

 

*FLASHBACK END*

 

I wiped a tear that had made its way down my cheek and started walking out of my room, to meet my new family downstairs. Key was all dressed up, and my mother had her keys in her hands already. I ran downstairs and met them, telling them that I was ready to go.

We walked outside the house, and I felt the cold touch my skin, making me tremble at the contact. We were in the middle of january, on one of the coldest months of the year and I didn't had anything warm to wear yet. I have to get a coat!

Once my mother had locked the house, we got inside of the car, putting our seatbelts on and waiting for our mother to start the engine. I felt my heart race when she started driving away of our home. This was going to be my first visit to the mall after a year, and my first time going out somewhere with Key. I have to calm down before I make it too obvious! I closed my eyes and started to count sheeps just to make my heartbeat return to normal, but falling asleep without knowing it.

"We are here already!", I heard Key's voice scream at me, and I opened my eyes, moving them around and finding the mall outside the window. "Okay! Here is the credit card! Spend all the money you want, just don't go up 1,000$!", my mother said from her seat and handed me her credit card, but before I could grab it, Key snatched it from my mother and got off of our car, leaving me inside.

"Thank you so much!", I said and she smiled, saying, "Don't worry about it! Have fun!"

After saying goodbye to her, I got off of the car and ran after Key, catching up with him after some meters. "So, what store are we visiting first?", He asked me, without giving me a glance, and I stared around the mall, thinking about a store we could visit. "I don't know.. It's been a year since I last came in here.."

We just kept on walking without talking much, until an idea popped up inside my mind. "How about you help me choose my clothes for me!? You see, I have a really bad fashion taste, and looking at how you dress, you seem like someone that knows a lot about fashion!"

"Of course I know a lot about fashion! I'm almighty Key afterall, remember?!", he said in a diva manner, and I just nod my head several times. "Then how about you help me choose clothes for me?!", I suggested, and he turned to look at me from head to toe, pulling  a thoughtful expression.

"Umm...You mean, you want me to select the clothes you will wear..?", He asked, and I nod my head several times, as I said, "Like a doll! Dress me like if I was a doll!"

"Umm... Deal! Now come with me!", He grabbed my hand and dragged me with him until we were infront of a small shop of the mall. I stared at the main mannequins that were in the window, looking at the cute dressed they we wearing, before reading the name of the store, mouthing it as I read, "Liz Lisa?"

"You see, this store has a lot of dolly looks! I've always pictured dressing my deceased sister with them, if only she was alive of course.", he explained as his tone dropped, and I stared at his saddenning expression. "Then what are you waiting for! I might not be your real sister, but I have a female's body, so you can dress me up with them if you want to!", I said and he turned to look at me, giving me a small smile.

"Alright! Let's go!", He said and grabbed my hand, pulling me inside of the small japanese store. Honestly, there was not a single thing that I really liked. Everything was too dolly, and I was more into the plain looks. However, just the fact that he was going to dress me up just like he would dress his real sister made me really happy.  

"How about these?! Aren't they really kawaii?! Lets try them on!", He said excitedly, placing a big ball of dresses in my hands and pushing me towards the dressing room. I stared at the dresses with a smile on my face. He is so cute when he is fanboying about girls dresses.. 

The first dress that was on the list was a long sleeved dress. It looked like if it was for winter because of the long sleeves, but the flowers that were printed in the skirt part made it look like if it was for spring. I thought it was really cute!

 After putting it on, I went outside to get his point of view. When he looked at me, his smile widened. "Omo! Look at you! You look so pretty with it on you!", He complimented me, and I felt how my heart raced and my cheeks blushed. This is the first time he calls me pretty.. I'm so happy..

"You-you think so? Does it- does it really look good on me?!", I stuttered a little, hoping for him to call me pretty again. "Of course it does! You look really pretty! We should get it!", He said and I smiled and turned around to dress myself in the next one. When I was inside the dressing room, I couldn't help but jump a few times in joy.  I thought going shopping with him was a bad idea, but everything was going perfect! We were spending time together without fighting, and it was just perfect!

I started dressing in the other dresses, getting  a compliment everytime I wore a different one and went outside. When there was no more things to try on, I went outside with everything on my hands. I ended up buying 8 dresses, 4 shirts, 5 skirts, 2 jeans, 5 pair of shoes, and a coat. After paying for everything, we started making our way outside the store. 

"Finally we are done shopping for clothes!", I said excitedly, as I holded four bags in my hands."I'm hungry! Let's go eat something!", Key said and I nod my head since I was hungry too. It had been three hours of shopping for clothes and my stomach was starting to feel rather empty. We walked until we were in the food area. There was a lot of restaurants but we decided to get pizza. After paying for our food we went to seat on a table.

"So, what happened to your parents?", I heard Key ask, and felt how every bone in my body tensed. That was not a question I was expecting.. "There was a fire on our house, and.. only I survived.", I answered coldly, trying to not show any weakness. I've been trying to be strong, and I was not willing to let anything break me down now. I promised myself to start over and forget about the past, and that's what I've been doing all this time. 

"So that's how they 'died'!", He said and I felt a prick of pain run through my heart, making me lower my face to hide my pain. I closed my eyes to hold the tears that were forming inside of my eyes, trying to make my heart feel better. I thought I had already forgotten, my sister even stopped appearing, but he just reminded me about their death. I opened my eyes and what I was fearing happened. 'She' was there, just right behind Key, smiling at me brightly. I felt my body start trembing at her sight.

"Annyeong, unni!", She waved at me and I felt how my tears started to roll down my cheeks. No, she's not real. She's just an illusion. I closed my eyes and opened them again, hoping for her to not be standing there anymore, but she was still there. 

Slowly, her happy expression started turning into one of sorrow. Her bright smile disappearing. "You had forgotten about me, and now you are trying to erase me again, how cruel of you, unni.."

"You are not real! Leave me alone! Leave me alone!", I screamed at her, standing up from the chair and turning around to leave, but getting pulled by a force before I could.

"Yah! Yah! What's wrong with you?! Where are you going?!", I opened my eyes to see Key's concerned expression. I looked around for 'her' but she was not there anymore. Oh.. I totally forgot about Key! Now he must think I'm a psycho! 

"I'm- I'm sorry.. I just thought of a bad memory..but I'm fine now! Let's keep eating!", I pretended to be fine and seated down in the chair again, grabbing my pizza slice and giving it a bite. He looked at me suspiciously before seating down again.

"Are you sure you are okay now?", He asked and I nod my head, trying to look convincing. The rest of the meal was quiet. Neither of us tried to start a new conversation. I knew he was still worried about me, because he kept giving me concerned glances once in a while. After finishing with our food, he decided that it was time for our mother to pick us up. It was a little sad to know that our time together was going to be over soon, but I was not going to let this be the last time going out with him. We are going to do this again another time! 

"We should start heading outside. She said she is on her way." He stand up from his seat and grabbed four of my bags, while I grabbed the other four, and started heading outside. 

"I had a lot of fun! I hope we get to do this another time!", I said as I stared at his reaction, but his expression never changed. "Key, can I make you a question?", I asked for his permission first, and he turned around to look at me and nod his head in approval.

"Will you ever see me as a sister? Do you think you will ever see me as your sister?", I pulled all the courage to ask him, and watched has he stared at me expressionless. Time froze, and we stood there, standing infront of each other, staring only at the other. I felt how my heart started racing in anticipation for his answer. Seconds that felt like minutes passed, and it felt like if my nervous heart was going to explode any moment soon. 

"I..", he began mouthing the words, when boom! there was a small explotion sound, and all the lights went off, making everyone scream, including us. "What-what happened?!", Key asked and I felt a hand grabbing onto mine tightly.

"Dear customers, I'm sorry for the small inconvenience! We had a small problem with the light energy, that we will fix soon! Please stay in your place while we fix it! Thank you!", A male voice was heard through the whole building, and before it ended speaking, Key started pulling me with him to the exit door of the building. 

"That scared the out of me!", Key complained once we were outside the building and I nod my head in agreedment. We heard a honk and turned to find our mother's car heading our way. It parked right infront of us, and we started getting on it, my mother driving away when we were ready to leave.

 

I guess my question will be left unanswered for now...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, everyone!!

I'm back after less than a week! Whoz happy for this fast update?

So, i'm going to try to update atleast a little bit faster from now on, I don't promise anything though..

Actually I was not going to update until next week, because I had a visit over.

But guess what? 

The visit had a big arguement with my mother, so they decided to leave.

And I was like 

But in the other hand, my mother was like

Which broke my heart, since I love my mother and she is a really strong woman that never cries.. But since the fight was with her sister, it kind of got her weak side uncovered..

But anyways, today I will like to introduce you to Lee JinKi, or Onew.

His hair in the fanfic looks just like his hair in their sherlock era. 

He is 16 years old and the oldest in SHINee. (Yeah, I know he doesn't look 16 xDD)

He is also been in charge of raising his younger brother, Taemin, since his parents were mostly at work. And he is Key's most trusted friend.

He can be the most mature among them, but the most clumsiest among them too. (Onew sangtae!)

 

Among them all, he is just another loving being xDD

ANYWAYS, THIS IS ALL FOR TODAY, SEE YA LATER FRIENDS!