Chapter 6: A Change To Make

My Almighty Diva

                                                          

ONEW'S POV

 

 

 I'm not the kind of person that reveals the secrets of others, but yesterday I revealed somebody else's secret by accident. But how was I supposed to know that it had to be kept a secret? Nobody told me. And even though I know i'm not entirely at fault, I can't help but to feel bad about it.

 

**Flashback Starts**

 

"So how was school, guys?", I asked my two friends as they came into my house. My mother had baked a chocolate cake that was too big for only us to finish, so we decided to invite the SHINee crew to join us. All of them, except for key, had accepted the invitation. 

"Where's taemin?", Minho asked as fast as he was inside, and sended my question to the trash can. I replied by pointing my index finger to the ceiling, where our room was located, and he ran upstairs to meet with the maknae (the youngest of all of us).

"If you are interested in MY day, I even got to stop a fight. It was very tiring!", Jonghyun complained as he threw himself onto the sofa. I sighed as I approached him. Will he ever learn how to gain manners in someone else's house?

"Whose fight?", I asked as I seated on the other sofa. 

"Sunny and Nicole.", He replied, and it took me a while to retrieve the names he just had mentioned. Did he mentioned Sunny? Why would Key's cousin be in a fight against Key's fanclub leader? I wouldn't be surprised if it was Hongki, but we were talking about Sunny here. It wasn't like her to get in a fight. 

"What were they fighting about?", I asked with curiosity and interest. 

"Well, what I heard was that Nicole bullied Taeyeon first, and Sunny was there to get her to apologize.", Jonghyun paused and continued, "But at the end, the three of them ended up getting detention."

"So they were fighting because of Key's adopted sister..", I spilled bluntly and watched as Jonghyun's jaw fell to the ground. 

"Key's....Key's what?!", Jonghyun stuttered as he stared at me with pure shock.

"Key didn't introduce you to his adopted sister?", I asked and slapped myself once I understood what was happening. Key was planning to keep everything as a secret! And there I was, ruining his plan by spilling it to the biggest snitch of the world. Way to go, onew...

"No, He didn't! Wait, what?! Key has an adopted sister?! Since when?!", Jonghyun started to scream his questions and I felt the urge to run and hide under my bed. Key is going to cook me alive and serve me as one of his delicious dishes!

"Shhh! Keep it down! It's supposed to be a secret but I told you by accident, so you better keep shut if you don't want Key to cut us in slices, understand?", I whispered as I covered his mouth with my hand to keep him from screaming outloud anymore.

"Alright.. But since when was she Key's sister?", He whispered once my hand left his mouth. 

"A few weeks ago..", I whispered back. If anybody saw us like we were that moment, they would probably think we were a pair of criminals by how suspiscious we both looked. 

"I can't believe he didn't trust me enough to tell me about such an important matter like this! I thought we were bestfriends and bestfriends are supposed to tell everything to each other.", He said with crocodile tears in his eyes, and I placed my hand in his shoulder trying to comfort him. 

"But hold on! He has an adorable and beautiful sister! My dream is coming true!", Jonghyun tears disappeared and his frown became a huge, evil looking grin. 

"What..what do you mean by that?", I asked him as I stared at him in disbelief. 

"I always dreamed to be his relative, and if I marry Taeyeon, that would make me his brother in law! My dream would had become true!", he explained and I almost choked with my own spit. 

"WHAT?!", I exclaimed outloud, his stupidity getting to me. 

"All I've got to do is to make her fall for me! It's simple!", He said as he walked in circles around the leaving room, thinking about his next strategy. I slapped myself once again, and this time harder than before.

 

**Flashback end**

 

 

This is really bad! Not only does Jonghyun knows about Key's adopted sister, but now, he's planning on marrying her! Poor key... This is going to break his heart in pieces.. What have I done?

                                          

 

Key's POV                   

 

I open my eyes and the first memory that comes to my mind, is the image of Taeyeon's hug. Did she really hugged me or is my mind playing tricks again? Oh my god! She did have the guts to hug me! I stare emotionless at the ceiling from above me, as I recall yesterday's event. 

 

*Flashback starts**

 

"No..I'm the one who should be sorry. I'm sorry for interfering with your life. Please forgive me!", She cried as she trapped me inside of her arms. I stood there, frozen like an ice, as I tried my hardest  to bring my nervous heart to a more steady rhythm. Taeyeon, the person I detested with all my streght, was hugging me tightly and my heart was racing. My heart, that never reacted to other girls, was reacting to my enemy. It didn't make any sense!

After some long lasting minutes, she let go of my waist and sought for a reaction that I couldn't give her. At that moment, all I could manage was a blank expression to hide the fact that I was struggling against my own heart. 

"Let's go home.", I stood up from the ground and started to walk towards  home, as she followed from 3 meters behind. The walk back home was filled with silence and with questions I was making to myself. Why did my heart reacted towards her? Did I like it? Did I hate it? Does that makes me biual?

 

**Flashback ends**

 

I hide my flushed face with my pillow, and let out a nerve-racking crie. What should I do now?! I don't even know what I'm going to do when I bump into her. Should I act like nothing happened? Should I treat her differently? No! There is no reason for me to treat her any different. That would only make her misunderstand me. I'm just going to play the nothing happened card. Maybe that's what she wants me to do anyways.

I sit up and stretch my arms around my back before getting out of my bed, and grabbing my uniform to go take a shower. Before leaving my room, I peek outside to see if there's any signs of her in the halls, but when I find none, I dash out of my room to the bathroom. 

Once I get inside of the bathroom, I strip out of my hello kitty pajamas and take a quick, relaxing shower. As the warm water hits my face and body, the memory of her hug replays in my head several times. Why would she even want to hug after I scared the living out of her? Is she that dumb?

After dressing for school, I walk out of the bathroom and run quickly down the stairs, with the hope of leaving without her. However, that hope is destroyed when I turn the kitchen lights on and find her eating cereal on the table. I sigh and try to avoid making eye contact as I walk towards the fridge to grab my daily chocolate donut and my milk.

"Good morning!", She takes the initiative to greet me cheerfully. Huh? It seems she's also trying to act like nothing happened. Great! Just great! She's making it easier for me. 

"Where's my mother?", I skip the greeting, when I realize there's no traces of my mother's. "I think she's still sleeping. I woke up early today to have breakfast since you never give me time to do so.", she smiles as she takes another spoon of her colorful cereal.

"Ohh.", I simply reply as I grab a carton of milk and another one of my beloved chocolate donuts and start eating them in silence, far away from where taeyeon's sitting at. "You aren't planning to sit down in the table with me?", She asks and I shook my head as I give another bite to my donut. 

When I'm done eating, I leave the kitchen and head to the exit door of the house. As I pass through it, I hear Taeyeon's quick steps following after me. Even though the rest of the trip to school was filled with silence, the fact that she's not trying to avoid me makes me feel relieved. Once we enter the school territory, I turn the opposite direction and take the shortest rute to our classroom while she takes the longest. 

As soon as I walk inside the classroom, Jonghyun rushes to my side to greet me. "Annyeong! (Hello!)", He waves his hands infront of my face, as he shows me a smile that extends from one corner to the other and I blush slightly at how puppylike he looks at the moment. 

"What's wrong with you so early in the morning?", I asked puzzled by his strange behaviour, as I try to keep myself from squealing. Jonghyun isn't the kind of person that greets other before getting greeted, unless he's in a really happy mood. 

"Who knows..", Jonghyun shrugs, pauses for a moment, and continues, "I might be in love.", He says with a proud grin, and I feel a sudden pain running in my chest.  Here we go again.. He has found another girl to 'crush' on.. Even when I don't stand a chance, I can't help but to feel torn inside every time he falls for someone else that is not me. 

"Who is it this time?", I ask managing a fake smile, and he points his finger at someone. I turn to look at where his finger is pointing to, and find Taeyeon walking through the other entrance of the classroom. My smile turns into a frown when I look at her, and she looks back at me clueless. Oh no! Is he out of his mind?! From all the girls in planet earth, why does it have to be her?! It can't be her! It can be any girl, but her!

"Annyeong-hasseyo! (Hello)", I was too distracted by my own thoughts to notice that Jonghyun had left my side, to be next to her. "Oh?! Good morning, Jonghyun-sshi", I watch as Taeyeon bows down to jonghyun, and I roll my eyes at her politeness. Why?! Jonghyun, why did you had to place your eyes on her?! You are just giving me another ing reason to hate her! I wish you would see me like that, instead of looking at her. But you will never like me that way, because I'm a guy..

"So.. I was wondering..", Jonghyun coughs awkwardly, before putting on his playboy face and continuing, "So, do you have a boyfriend yet?"

"Ehh?! Me?", Taeyeon looks at him dumbfounded before looking at me in a plead. So she's asking me for help, huh? I start giving a step forward, but before I manage walking towards them, someone's voice stops me from moving any further.

"Key Oppa!", Nicole's squaky voice calls me, and I sigh before turning around to face her. She gives me a bright smile, and brings out a chocolate box from behind her. "I just want to thank you for taking my side yesterday! Please accept this from me!", She hands me the box of chocolates, and I take it, trying to fake a small smile. Although she annoys the hell out of me, I feel pressured to treat her nicely since she's the leader of my fanclub. 

"Good morning everyone! Please take your seats!", I hear Mrs. Park Bom's voice commanding us, as everyone runs to their seats to sit down. Once everyone was in their seats, she started writting on the board. As she wrote, I took a glance of the words she was writting, 'Science Experiment'

When she was done, her eyes focused on me as she talked, "As you can see on the board, today we are making a science experiment! I'll choose a partner for each one of you, so I expect you to get along wether you like each other or not, okay?", Once everyone nodded, she started giving us instructions. 

"Alright! Let's start by deciding who you are going to be partnered with. And for that, we are going to let fate decide for you! Females first!", She said excitedly as she brought a round glass container, that had many small paper balls inside, and started letting each female student get one out of there. Our classroom was half boys and half girls, leading to a total of 30 students. That only meant two things: 1st. There was going to be 15 pairs of a girl and a boy. 2nd. There was 0 chances of being partnered with Jonghyun..

I watched without interest as all the girls took one folded paper out of the glass container, and sighed at their sight. If only I was a girl.. I could atleast have 1 chance of 15 of getting partnered up with Jonghyun..

Once all of the girls had a paper in their hands, they started opening it and reading the name written inside. Since I didn't care for all of the girls, I focuses my eyes on Taeyeon, waiting for any sort of reaction, as she just kept staring emotionless at the paper, then back at me. Don't tell me.. Could it be?

"Okay, girls! Now, you can go ahead to your partners!", The teacher gave the girls a smile encouraging them to walk towards their partners, as they stared back at her with blushed cheeks. Without drifting my gaze from Taeyeon, I watched as she past me and walked until she was next to Jonghyun's desk. Just as I feared it would happen, fate had decided to partner her with the guy I had a crush on, and I couldn't do anything to prevent it from happening. I let out a growl and kick my desk slightly, in an attempt to relieve my anger, which only cause Nicole to jump startled at my side. 

"Can I help you with something?", I seat up straight and regain my prince charming self before bringing myself to ask the frightened girl. "Oppa, we are going to be partners! Isn't that great?!", She said enthusiastically, but still keeping a distance gap between us. "Oh! That's great!", I said feigning excitement as she brought herself closer. 

"Alright, classroom! Now that everyone has a partner, let's make a line and move to the laboratory downstairs, okay?", The teacher stood next to the classroom's door and made a sign for us to follow her, as we stood up from our desks and got together to form a line.

I placed myself behind Jonghyun on purpose, hoping to find out what his next move was going to be. As I was hoping, once he noticed my prescence from behind him, the words couldn't stop from coming out of his mouth. "Oh my god! Isn't it great that I got partnered with Taeyeon?!", even though his words were a mere whisper, the joy in them couldn't come unnoticed. I swallowed my pain, and faked interest, "Luck must be on your side! So what are you planning to do next?!"

"I'm planning on asking her out! Just me and her. With my charms, and fine looks, there's no chance she will say no to me!", He says as  he looks back and winks at me. My heart is burning with jealousy that I swear I could kill her if she comes anywhere near my sight. But luckily for her, the teacher opened the door to the laboratory before I could get anywhere near her, and told us to enter quickly. 

As soon as I sat on my seat in a table, Nicole seated next to me, and gave me a huge bright grin. I turn around to see Jonghyun and Taeyeon, sitting on the table that was behind us.

"Alright, everyone! The experiment that we will be doing today is called, 'A clock reaction', also known as the Iodineclock reaction. It's called the clock reaction because you can change the amount of time it takes for the liquid to become into the color blue. Basically, it is a battle of chemistry between the starch, which is going to try to turn the iodine blue and the Vitamin C which is going to keep it from turning it into the color blue.", The teacher started explaining, while everyone was paying attention to her. 

"Do you guys understand?",She says and makes the question sound plural, and once everyone nods to her, she continues, "Aright class! This is a simple experiment! But to make it simple, you need to listen to me. First, one of you will smash a 1000mg of vitamin c tablet, by placing it into a pastic bag and crushing it with the back of a spoon that I located on each table. Get it into as much of a fine powder as possible."

"How about you do that?", I tell Nicole and turn to look at her while she nods as she grabs the plastic bag and starts to crush the vitamin c with the back of a large spoon.

"While one of you is smashing the vitamin c, I want the other to go to the sink quietly, and get two ounces of hot water into cup A, alright? When you're done getting the hot water into cup A, and the other person is done with their task, I want you to add the powder substance into cup A,  and that's going to be your 'liquid A', you understand? Now you can go get your water. Also, please don't run. If you run to the sink, you're going to get detention.

"Now that you're done, let's hurry up and make the next liquid that we will call, 'Liquid B'. Now put 1 teaspoon of your 'Liquid A' into a new cup, and add these materials to it: 2 oz of warm water and 1 teaspoon of iodine. Let's make the partner that didn't got the water last time, go and get it this time, okay?", the teacher suggests and tired from the  last walk to the bathroom, I ask Nicole to go and get the water as she nods in respond. As I wait for her to return, I turn around to look at Taeyeon, who seems to be distracted by her thoughts as she waits for her partner to return. 

"So! It seems that Jonghyun is interested in you. What do you think about that?", I asked Taeyeon quietly enough for nobody to hear me, but loudly enough to grab her attention. 
 
"Eh?! On me?! No he isn't! And even if he was, what does that even have to do with you?!", She asks with a loud, and defensive tone of voice that grabs everyone's attention. I roll my eyes at her, and turn back around to see as Nicole walks into the classroom with cup B filled with warm water.
 
"In the last cup, mix 2 oz of warm water, 1 Tablespoon of the hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 teaspoon of the liquid starch. This is, “LIQUID C”", the teacher gives us directions for the third time and I let an annoyed sight when I realize it's my turn to go get the water again. After I come back, I put my attention on what the couple from behind is saying.
 
"So, what plans do you have for tonight?", I hear Jonghyun's nervous voice questioning his partner and feel how the latter lays her eyes on me for a moment, before returning them to Jonghyun. Even with my back turned at them, I could easily picture the scene happening behind me. Jonghyun throwing her a shy smile, as she looks at the floor nervously, wondering whether accepting or rejecting.
 
"I.. don't have any plans..", I manage to hear Taeyeon's faint voice answer back at Jonghyun, the latter's smile growing bigger satisfied with the answer recieved. 
 
"That's great! You see, my older sister works for a movie theater, and she gave me two tickets to watch "Hwayi: A monster boy", and I was thinking of asking you to come with me, what do you think about it?", Jonghyun's voice sounds a little more confident, but I could still feel a tiny bit of nervousness in his voice. Once again, I feel Taeyeon's eyes laying on me but this time for much less time. She is going to reject him. She has to reject him.
 
"Of course, I would love to go with you!", I hear Taeyeon's faint voice turn into one filled with excitement as she accepts the offer. Brought by the anger, my first impulse its to hit the top of the table with my hands as I bring myself out of the chair, dropping one of the cups accidentally into Nicole's shirt. 
 
"Oh my god! My uniform shirt is ruined now, because of you! My parents are going to murder me! Do you know how much buying another one will be?!", I hear Nicole's obnoxious complaints at the back of my ear, but I decide to ignore her and walk straight over to Taeyeon, who stares at me with dreadfulness.
 
"We have to talk NOW!", I grab her wrist and drag her with me as the teacher starts calling our names from behind.  
 
"Yah! Key! What're you doing?!", Taeyeon questions me, looking at me puzzled and frightened. Without looking back at her or at the teacher, I kept walking until I was standing infront of the door, hesitating over leaving this classroom and get detention, or stay inside and forget that this ever happened. 
 
"Kim Kibum! Come here right now!", I hear the teacher screaming at me once again, and sigh. Well, it seems that i'm going to get detention either way, so I might as well just do it. Once I move my hand forward the door knob and turn it, the door opens and I start running as if my whole life depended on it, dragging Taeyeon along with me.
 
"Could you please slow down! My legs are shorter than yours, you know?", Her complaints are a weak sound to my ears, as I run at full speed through the hallways. One of the things I despised the most in the world was having to run, for three reasons. 1:) my legs grew tired quickly. 2:) I wasn't fast, and I tripped easily. 3:) I would sweat like a roasting pork. For those reasons, I would avoid any activity in which I had to run but right now, I was running and nothing was stopping me.
 
"Please stop! I can't do this anymore!", Her complaints making me slow down and stop once we were at the back of our building.
 
"Yah! Do you want to get us in trouble?!", I hear her scream at me with an enraged tone and I turn to look back at a crippled girl trying to ingest all the oxigen possible into her lungs as she lies in the grass.
 
"Decline it!", I start demanding her, and she raises her sight from the ground and looks straight at me. "What are you talking about?", She asks, pretending not to know, and I roll my eyes at her.
 
"You know exactly what I'm talking about! Decline Jonghyun's inivtation!", I answer her, along with a glare. "Oh, that? What if I don't want to decline it?", She stands up from the floor and shakes the dust from her skirt, before sending me a challenging stare.
 
"It's not a matter of if you want to do it or not. It's an order!", I answer her with the worst glare I can manage, hoping to make her feel intimitated. "Look, Key, this is the first time somebody asks me out on a date and I really want to go. Plus, Jonghyun looks like a really nice guy. So why should I say no to him? Give me a good reason to decline the invitation, and I will do so.", She proposes and I feel stupid for not knowing how to respond.
 
I love him.. Is there a better reason as to why? And even though I know he doesn't belong to me, and that he will never see me the way I see him, I don't want my adoptive sister to be the one to take him away from me. I wish I could tell you this, but i'm not brave enough to get out of the closet yet, and announce it freely.
 
"You love him, right? Its one-sided love, right? You're gay, right?", Her questions echo in my head,as I try to figure if what I just heard was reality hitting me in the face, or just my imagination messing with me.
 
"What-what did you just say?", I ask as I slam her against the building. Now, a few centimeters apart from the other.
 
"You're so busted! It's obvious you're head over heels for him! At first, when they told me about it, I didn't believe it! But this confirms it! You are in love with Jonghyun! You're gay!", she says it with so much confidence that I feel my insides beginning to turn when I can't bring myself to say that it's a misunderstanding.
 
"Who told you that?! Who else knows of this?!", Instead of denying the truth, and bothering to make her think otherwise, I started demanding for answers to my questions, as I shaked her small slender body back and forward, making her let out small whimpers every time I hit her head against the wall accidentally.
 
"Please stop! You're hurting me!", I hear her pleading voice, but I ignore her and scream the questions at her, making her look abashed. "Answer my question first! Who told you that I was gay?!" 
 
"It was me!", I hear a new voice entering our conversation, and I let Taeyeon fall onto the ground, when I realized it belonged to Hongki. I turn around slowly to face the person who I used to call my bestfriend, and that now seems to hate me more than I could've imagined. 
 
"Why? Why would you do that?!", I scream at him, while all he did was shrugh his shoulders. "I don't know, really. I was just fooling around. Although, you are very femenine sometimes, I never thought that "almighty key" from SHINee would've actually been gay, but it seems you're admitting it.", Hongki's voice sounded so casual, but something told me every word that came out of his mouth was filled with venom. 
 
"By the way, were you just playing with that 'girl' all along too? Were you just pretending to be straight, just to take her away from me? How cruel of you..", Hongki spills with a shaking voice and a glitter in his eyes that I didn't know if it was tears or hate. 
 
"I already told you that everything was a misunderstanding! I would never betray you like that! Why won't you believe me and let it in the past?!", I talk back at him, as I walk step by step towards him, but as I do, he starts walking backwards.
 
"Don't come anywhere near me! I don't want to be close to someone that's gay like you.", He says as he shakes his head.  When I heard those words, my heart felt like being stabbed and I stopped moving, as I felt how my eyes started to feel watery all of a sudden. Reality's now hitting me the hardest. I was gay. I was fated to be considered atrocious, gruesome, and disgusting by many people. Especially by my own family..
 
I don't want anybody to look at me that way. And for that, I had to change. I didn't know how but I was going to do it because there was nothing Almighty Key couldn't do. But for now, I needed to hide the fact that I was about to break down infront of them. I needed to look strong to them. I started backing away from Hongki, and turning around slowly to walk away. As I was leaving them behind, my tears were rolling down my face but my goal was clear.
 
I had to change..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hello, people!
 
Who missed me?!
 
 
Okay, I know it took me like forever to write this chapter but I have a good reason for that. (Okay, no)
But yeah, I was supposed to post this chapter like three weeks ago, but then the chapter file got erased from my computer and I was like: 
 
 
(Also my other fic "WGM Hongtae ver" was erased.
So yeah, I had to write everything down again.  
Which took me a lot since I've got to finish my whole school semester by december so I've got to work hard on that. 
And that's the reason why I didn't update for a month and a half. So please forgive me for that.
 
So anyways, this chapter was really hard to write. It seems that it's easier writting Taeyeon's pov, than key's..
Why? Because i'm a girl and think like a girl, meanwhile key is a guy, and to make it harder, he's supposed to be gay and.. 
Anyways, that's all for this chapter.. And for those waiting for Hongtae ver, imma try to update as soon as possible. Please dont lose the faith xD 
And here we got some Jongkey (Jonghyun + Key) gifs