Chapter 3: Back To School

My Almighty Diva

                        

I hear a sweet singing voice in the middle of my dream's darkness, telling me to wake up already. As I open my eyes, I see my adoptive mother seating on the edge of the bed. She sings gracefully as she waits for me to wake up. I seat up and scoot closer as she sings the last verse of her unknown melody.

"Good Morning!", I greet her while I yawn and stretch my arms, trying to avoid hitting her in the process. As I stretch, my eyes meet the clock. It was 6:00am. That's odd.. For the past days, she's been waking me up at around 8:00am, but today she has done it earlier than the usual.

"Annyeong! Did you sleep well?", Her sudden voice made me flinch and turn to her direction. When I turned, I noticed she was holding a box in her hands. 

"Yes, I did. Can I ask you what is in there?", I point at the box and give her a puzzled look. 

"Oh! I forgot to mention something to you earlier..", she puts the box aside and grabs my hands, squeezing them inside of hers. I could tell it was exciting news. She gazed into my eyes as the light that was reflected in her eyes sparkle. After long pause, her lips were moving and forming words as I listened carefully to them. 

"The school which we registered you in called us yesterday and told us you were accepted and that you could start going today! Aren't you excited?!", she explains and I try to swallow everything in. They accepted me?! My heart sunk at the idea of going back to a public school. Without realizing it, I was trembling of excitement. I didn't know how to express what I was feeling so I stood quiet for a brief moment before I let out a few words, "I...got accepted?!", 

She looked at me grinning and nodding, "Yes, you did!" 

"Also, this is going to be your uniform starting from now on",  she let goes of my hand and hands me the box for me to open. She stares at the box waiting for me to open it. I open the lid of the box, and inside was the folded uniform.

"You're going to look so cute! Go and get ready now! I'm going to go downstairs to make breakfast. You have to be downstairs by 7:30am, okay?", she stands and leaves the room, leaving me excited. 

"I need to take a shower!", I jump out of my bed and run out of my room making my way to the main bathroom. As I head to the main bathroom, I see Key. He bumps into my arm and gives me a glare as he says, "What do you think you are doing?" 

"I'm.. I was going to take a shower..", I try to give him a friendly smile but he rolls his eyes and pushes me aside. "My parents might like you but I don't. And this is MY house, not your house, you orphan. I am going to use the bathroom first.", he goes inside the bathroom and slams the door in my face. *What a jerk.. After a few minutes, I hear the toilet flush and the water dripping in the sink while he's brushing his teeth and washing his hands. I stand there waiting until he comes out and tells me to get out of his way. As he walks away, I notice his Hello kitty pajamas and try to hold my laughter. *How girly of him...

"It's been only a week since I've been adopted and brought here. My adoptive parents are more than what I could've asked for. They are caring and make me feel loved. I'm so grateful to them for everything. On the other hand, my adoptive brother.. he dislikes me very much. I barely, hardly talk to him since he's in school during the day and when he returns he goes directly to his room. The only time he ever comes out is to eat or to use the restroom. I wonder if he's always been like this or if its because of me..

"I guess he won't bite aslong as I don't get in his way..", I murmur to myself as I walk inside of the bathroom and lock the door behind me. I start undressing before going inside of the bathtub. As I go in, I turn the water on, and let the refreshing water run all over my skin as I was my body.

After a 10 minute shower, I turn the water off and get out of the tub, avoiding falling. I grab a towel and wrap myself in it. Once wrapped, I proceed to the sink to brush my teeths and then I grab my used clothes from the floor and open the door to peak outside. When i'm sure the coast is clear I run to my room wrapped in a towel and once inside, I let out a sight of relief. I start changing into my uniform and it turns out it fits me perfectly. After dressing myself, I walk to the hairdresser and comb my hair. When I'm all done, I head downstairs. 

I sniff the air and I smell toasted bread and omelet. I walk to the kitchen and my adoptive mother smiles at me gesturing me to seat down. "Yumm! It looks delicious!", I compliment her as she puts the dish on the table. "Thank you for the food! I'll eat well!", I say as I take a spoon of omelet, letting it dive into my mouth and enjoying the delicious taste it had. Just when I was about to take another spoon full of omelet, Key walks into the kitchen and sends me a glare. 

"Good Morning!", she says cheerfully as he only nods at her. 

"Why did you have to wake HER up so early today?", he points at me and my body tenses up.

"She will start going with you to school from today on!", she says excitedly and he almost spits his food out. He swallows hard and turns to me as he half yells, "She's going to what?!"

"To your school and you are going to walk her and show her the way to school.", she says with a serious tone and I can feel she's also tense.

"I'm leaving!", he stands up and rolls his eyes at me before not leaving only the kitchen but also the house. "Hurry up and follow him! Take care of yourself and have fun, okay?", she kisses my cheek and says goodbye, as I run out of the house to catch up with him. 

"Yah! Can you please wait for me?!", I yell as I run after him, blaming my legs for being so short. Suddenly, he turns around and I almost run over him, but thankfully, I stop myself before hitting myself against him.

"Listen here! I don't want ANYBODY to know you are living with me. So you better keep your mouth shut if you don't want me to stitch your mouth for you, understand?! I already hate you enough, I don't want you to get into my school life too. Also, if you want me to show you the way to school,you better stay atleast 3 meters away from me, okay?!", His words are so filled with hatred that I can't help but to feel a stab of pain run through my heart.

"Do you understand or not?!", he yells at me and I nod several times giving him the message that I did get it. He turns around and walks forward. Before I proceed to follow him again, I wait for him to be 3 meters far from me.

As I walk, I stare and examine his figure in the distance. He's slim but well built. What captures my atenttion is mostly his thin waist. If I didn't know he was a boy bythis length, I would've already have confused him with a girl just by looking at that waist. His personality is also interesting to me. Is he cold towards everyone or just towards me? What's his true personality? Suddenly, a new desire was born deep. inside of my heart. I want to learn more about this "Key". I want to come closer to him Without realizing it, I was already less than 3 meters away from him. 

"Yah! I told you to stay 3 meters away from me!", I hear his annoyed voice and I stop myself in track to wait for him to get further. I let out a deep sight. Getting to know Key is going to be harder than what I thought but I still want to try my best. FIGHTING! I cheer myself and start to follow him again.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong! So I'm back xD

I was going to update earlier, but I got sick ugh

Anyways, I was struggling with my small vocabulary so I got an editor!! 

Give it up for MoonlightSin! I wouldn't have done it without her^^ 

Also, thanks to SunnyOdalis who's helping me with tons of ideas for this fanfic

So that means that we are 3 participating in this fanfic

Please subscribe or comment^^ See ya next time.!