Chapter 1: A New Home

My Almighty Diva

                                 

 

I open my eyes at the strong sunlight that comes from the window, and seat up slowly as I stare at the empty bed that lies next to mine. It hasn't been long since my last roommate, SeoHyun, has been adopted and moved in with her new loving family. And even though I can't express how happy I feel for her, I also can't contain myself from feeling jealous.

Its been a year already and nobody has come to take me home. I've seen kids come and go, wondering if it will ever be my turn to leave this place but nobody has come to take me out of here. At first, I thought I had to be patient but time passed and that patience turned into desperation. So after meditating on it, I've decided to finish with my waiting for once and for all, and today will be my last day in this place.

After sighting for the fifth time now, I stand up from my bed and grab my folded uniform to head to the bathing room. If i'm going to die today I rather die in a clean state than with a dirty body.

As I walk through the corridors my sister's voice meets my ears. Even though nobody else listens to what she's saying, I can hear her words clearly as they stab my heart with guilt.

"It was your fault that we burned to death! It was all your fault!" - Her voice echoes in my mind as I try my best to ignore her and quicken my pace to the bathing room.

Once I get there, I shut the door close as if it was going to keep her from entering. I wait some minutes by the door to make sure she's gone, and when there is no remains of her voice I proceed to one of the showers. Its been a while since her voice started appearing in my life to blame me for all that happened that day. The first few times it happened, I would scream her to stop, but then I realized that by doing that I was just making other orphans believe I was crazy, so I stopped and began ignoring her instead. It didn't make others trust me again, but atleast they are not afraid to talk to me anymore.

I strip myself and walk inside the shower, letting the warm water hit my skin. I take the time to memorize the relaxing feeling that taking a bath always brings me, wishing to take it with me to the grave. After the small shower that was longer than planned, I get out and change into my uniform.

Once I'm done, I look at myself in the mirror and find a different girl for my reflection. That girl that always had a bright smile on her face has been replaced by one whose expression is full of sadness and sorrow.

That girl its me...

Just thinking about how much I've changed in only a year, makes my eyes watery but I swallow my tears and walk out of the bathing room. I should be in class right now, but instead of heading there I return to my bedroom. The time has come...

I walk inside and lock the door to keep away any interruptions. I kneel to look under my bed where I've been hiding the instrument I'll be using for my suicide attempt and grab the knife I stole from the kitchen. 

 

 

*Flashback starts

 

It was during last week midterms. I had asked for permission to go to the restroom, not because I had the urge to use it but because I needed to relax myself from stressing over a test. As I was walking through the empty corridors I came acrosss with the kitchen. Usually, I would just pass by it, but this time something had grabbed my attention. Oddly enough for me to notice, the door was halfway open. Normally, this door would be locked up to keep any students from coming in but it wasn't today.  After hesitating over ignoring it or not, I decided to look inside.

"Hello? Is anybody here? I think you forgot to lock the door..?" - I looked inside to find a desolated kitchen. I made my way inside looking for somebody to tell about my discovery when my eyes met the sharp object laying on a wooden table. I grabbed it carefully and started analyzing it when suddenly an idea popped on my mind: Suicide... I looked at my surroundings to check if the coast was clear before hiding it under my shirt and heading to my room.
 

*Flashback Ends

 

"This is it! You can do it!" - I give myself courage as I hold the knife against my chest with trembling hands. By now, I could feel my heart throbbing against my ribcage and tears pouring out of my eyes and rolling down my cheeks.

"Stab!" - I shut my eyes tight as I hold my breath waiting for the agonizing pain of getting myself stabbed but that pain never comes. I open my eyes slowly and curse at the frozen hand that disobeyed my order.

"Yah! I said to stab!" - I let out a frustrated cry and stand up from my bed, walking around in circles in an attempt to calm myself. Once I'm better, I comeback to my old position and let out a heavy sight.

"Here we go again.. Stab!" -I close my eyes as I move the knife forward to my chest in slow motion. I was just getting there when the orphanage speakers startle me.

"Kim Taeyeon, please come to the main office. I repeat, Kim Taeyeon, please come to the main office." -I listen to the director's husky voice echo throughout the entire building before disappearing.

"What now!? Can't you see I'm busy right now!?" -I yell at the ceiling as if it could send my message to the office but once I don't recieve a response, I let out a frustrated sight and stare at the sharp object that I'm still holding.

"I guess you will have to wait.." -I give a faint smile to the nonliving object before returning it to its hiding place and heading to the main office. As I walk to there I wonder what could they possibly need me for. They only call orphan students there when they are in trouble or when they get adopt- I stop myself in track and shake my head before continuing walking. "No, I doubt getting adopted its the reason behind this.."

Once I'm there, I knock the door and wait for somebody to open it. After some seconds, a brunette, who I'm guessing its the director's assistant, opens the door and lets me in to meet the sight of a smiling director and two familiar faces. Where have I seen them before?

"You called me, director?" -I ask as I bow my head in respect to all of them.

"Yes, I did. Kim Taeyeon, you've been one of my favorite students here. You're always doing your best and moving forward to the future without the help of nobody. You're a strong girl and I'm proud of having such a student. But after a year of waiting, the time for you to leave this place and look for your happiness has come. Congratulations on getting adopted!" -He claps his hands as I process everything he just told me.

"I introduce you to your new parents, Mr Kim SeungHwan and Mrs Kim HyeYoung, please be polite and introduce yourself to them" -He orders me and I stare at him in disbelief, not knowing whether this is a prank or a reality.

"Kim Taeyeon?" -I hear the director cough awkwardly and I comeback down to earth after who knows how long and bow my head nervously.

"Annyeonghasseyo. My name is Kim Taeyeon. Its a pleasure to meet you." -I introduce myself with a trembling voice as I bow down continously. -"Kyaaaa! You are so adorable!" -I hear the female's voice approaching me and before I know it, her arms are wrapped around me.

"Since the day I saw you, I have been thinking about you! I'm glad nobody adopted you before I could!" -She said in a high pitched voice as she squeezed me tightly in her arms.

"Thats right! Since she saw you last time, she has been talking a lot about you. I couldn't handle her pleads anymore so I came to get you to shut ! Lets have fun together okay?" -I stared at the man as he gave me a playful smile.

"So when can we take her home?" -She asked the director as she kept on rubbing her cheeks against mine.

"Well, all the paperwork is done already. All thats left to do is for her to pack her belongings and she's free to go."  -The director answers and my heart raises at his last words: "Free to go.."

So this was actually happening! I would finally leave this place and restart my life next  to a new loving family! Once logic hit my face, I started trembling of excitment and before realizing it, I was already smiling brightly.

"Thats right! Dear, hurry up and pack everything,okay? We'll be waiting down here for you." -She ordered me as she handed me a plastic bag and I nodded. As soon as I was out of the room, I began running as fast as I could to my room and when I was inside, I started jumping and squealing of excitment.

I was finally leaving this place! I couldn't believe it! After so many time, my prayers were finally being replied.

"Thanks god! Thanks god!" -I sended a kiss to the ceiling before falling in my knees and crying of joy. It took me some time to stop, but once I did, I stood up and proceed to pack my small number of belongings. Aside of my uniform, the one I usually wore everyday, I had two dresses that were the only remains of my burned house, and a pajamas that seohhyun had gave me when she came here. I folded everything and put them inside the plastic  bag before walking to the door.

"Goodbye.." -I bid farewell to the room in which I lived for a year and I turned around to head back to the main office where they were waiting for me to take me home.

"Are you ready to meet your new home?" -The man I should start calling dad from now on asked me with that same playful smile he gave me some minutes ago. -"I am" -I said shyly and they began heading to the exit door with me following from behind.

"I can't wait to see key's reaction to this!" -I hear the woman say excitedly.

Key?

Who is key?

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                                 HAAAAIII!!! I'm back.! 

             Who missed me? lol I guess nobody

Anyways, I did this chapter without my friend's help

              She's working on the next chapter.

    And since my stupid laptop had to get a black screen

            i'm stuck using my Iphone ~.~

         It took me 5 holy hours to finish this chap

       I hope its good enough and you enjoy our story

          Anyways, please subscribe and comment