Chapter 6

A Jock And A Jerk

“Bali~” You whined.

“Don’t rush me!” Sungjong replied. He was driving you back you school for baseball practice. You wanted him to drop you off at the baseball field, but he couldn’t.  He parked his car. You opened the passenger seat door, and ran. You ran to the baseball field.  People watched you run to the baseball field. You got there in a matter of minutes. You weren’t out of breath when you arrived. The team already started.

“Gujae! Where have you been?” Baram ran to you.

“Sorry, my dad got hurt.” You apologized.

“Well, your late, go run around the campus two times.” A guy ordered.

You grinned.  “My time limit?” You asked.

The same guy that told you to run looked at you. “Time limit?’

“Yeah, a time limit.”

“50 minutes.” He replied. You smirked. You turned around and ran. You ran for about 15 minutes before reached the baseball field the first time. You took 17 for the next lap. A total of 32 minutes.

“That was fast!” Baram exclaimed as you ran to the field. “I thought you would be back in an hour!”

“Never underestimate me.” You smirked. Baram smiled back.

“Ya! Baram!” Someone yelled from behind you. It was a familiar voice. Sungjong. “I told you to-” Sungjong yelled walking closer. He spotted you. “Anyong, Gujae!” He waved. You waved back. “Is your appa okay?” He asked. You nodded. “That’s a relief!” He sighed.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Baram said awkwardly. He waved running away. You waved back.

“Gujae~ How can you hang out with him? I’m a lot better than him. Also, I saw you run earlier, which was daebak, so, I applied you for the track team. Tryouts are next Monday. Okay? Don’t let me down!” He grabbed your hand and lock fingers.

“What are you doing!?” you yelled kicking his shin.

His eyes widened. “Why you!!” He yelled angrily raising his hand. Someone grabbed his wrist. The guy that told you to run the campus. You and Sungjong looked at him.

“You shouldn’t hit a woman.” He said.

“It’s not a law is it?” Sungjong questioned. The other guy scoffed.

“Ka. Off my field.” He released Sungjong pushing him. Sungjong walked away. The other guy faced you.

“Gamsahamnida.” You bowed.

“It’s nothing. I’m Dongwoo. Feel free to ask me anything or if you are having any problems.” He smiled.

“Gamsahamnida. I need to go.” You bowed. You walked right passed him. Aish~ Abby, get yourself together.  You thought to yourself. Your phone went off. Alice.

“Abby! Dad just got discharged. For the weekend, will you come home? It’s still awkward here.” Alice asked.

“Of course! I don’t want to be here, either. I got to go! See or talk to you soon!” You hung up. You slipped your phone back into your pocket. You already reached the dorms.

“Hey there pretty.” Someone said behind you.