Chapter 5

A Jock And A Jerk

“Please go, you’re drawing attention.” You begged Soojung.

“Fine, but meet me in front of the girls’ dorms.” Soojung instructed. She whipped her hair walking away. You turned to the baseball team, they were drooling over Soojung. You walked over to Baram, you kicked his shin.

“What the-” he started. He looked at the other players. “Oh… Let wake them!” He whispered to you. You nodded. “Ready, set, GO!” You grabbed one player’s wrist, while one foot was on the player’s thigh, you pulled his wrist forward, towards you, making you jump over him, sending his body under you. Baram already had three players come to their senses. The four guys applauded you, which made the other players come back to their senses.

*              *              *              *

“Please~” A guy begged you. You just came out your first class of the day, health. It was required to become gym teacher, which physical education was your major.

“Aniyo!” you replied sternly. He looked at you with begging eyes. You walked away to the bus stop to your next class. You phone rang. Alice.

“Abby!” Alice cried once you picked up. She was weeping. You could hear her short breaths with her voice cracking.

“Alice!? What’s wrong?” You asked concerned.

“Dad! Dad got…” She trailed off.

“What happened to dad!?”

“Abby, it’s your aunt Hayeon. Abby, your father cut his hand.” Hayeon informed.

“Where are you!?” You asked.

“Abby, you can’t skip class.”

“If I tell them my dad got injured, they will understand!”

“We are at University of Seoul Hospital.”

“Okay, I’ll be there soon.” You hung up. You turned to see Sungjong, standing next to you.

“Need a ride?” He asked. You nodded.

*              *              *              *

“Abby!” Alice hugged you as soon as you entered the room.

“Alice, everything will be okay.” You said bushing her hair. She looked at you, then to Sungjong, who slipped into the room.

“Abby, who’s he? Your boyfriend?” Your mom asked you looking at Sungjong.

He bowed “Anyonghaseyo! I’m Sungjong, Gujae’s b-” You covered his mouth.

“More like my stalker.” You fished for him. He pushed your hand off.

“Nice to meet you, Sungjong.” Your dad greeted. Sungjong bowed back. You glared at him. There was a sudden vibrate from your phone.

Where are you? Practice will start in a few minutes! – Baram