Chapter 16

A Jock And A Jerk

“Abby! When did you get here?” Your mom said from behind you, she was carrying two bags of groceries. You and Alice looked at her shocked. “What? Is there something in the room?” She walked over to the door and turned the knob, you tried to stop her, but she didn’t listen.

There was a high pitch scream. You mom immediately closed the door.

“I saw nothing. I saw nothing.” You mom muttered, while she walked to the couch.

“What happened?” You dad asked you worried. You shrugged.

*              *              *              *

You threw yourself into your bed. You wrapped yourself in your blanket, while you closed your eyes. “Bed, I missed you~” You murmured. You heard a snicker. It was Sungjong. You unwrapped yourself.

“I wound never think that you like your bed.” He laughed.

“What’s wrong with loving my bed? We have an awesome relationship, we sleep together, and we’re happy together!” You yelled at him. “Naga.” You said rolling over.

Sungjong laughed at you again. “Aigoo~ I’m sleeping in this room, did you forget?” He asked you.

“I did! Aish! Just shut up and go to sleep.” You yelled.

“But, I want the bed~” He whined as he sat on the foot of your bed. You kicked him with your foot. “Ya!!” He yelled. Your bedroom door opened.

“Can you be quiet? You two sound like you’re an old married couple fighting. I can call a counselor if you want me to.” Alice offered.

“Alice, da loof iseu eopeu. (The roof is up.)” Sungjong said in English. Alice and you busted out laughing.  

“Da loof iseu eopeu.” Alice mimicked Sungjong while laughing.

“I seupekeu koreah. (I speak Korea/Korean).” Sungjong replied. Alice and you laughed more. “Wacheu youar name? (What’s your name?)” There was another bust of laughter. Alice decided also to spend the night in your room. It took a long time for the three of you to fall asleep.

*              *              *              *

You woke up with your head on the bed, Sungjong was occupying your bed. I thought I told him not to… You thought.  There was a knock at the door as you walked out of your room. “Nuguseyo?” You called.

“Soojung, Lee Soojung.” A female voice said from the other side of the door. You opened the door for her. “Gomapda.” She thanked you as she entered. “Tea.” She demanded.

“We don’t have tea.” You informed. She looked at you surprised.

“No tea? Aren’t you Korean?” Soojung asked you.

You shook your head. “Korean-American. I grew up in America, and coffee is more popular than tea, so my family and I drink coffee.” You explained.

“I’ll have a cup of coffee, with cream.” Soojung ordered when your bedroom door opened.

“Gujae, where are you?” Sungjong called for you while rubbing the back of his neck. He smiled when he saw you. “Jagiya~ mianhae, I pushed you off the bed.” He apologized as he back-hugged you.

“Y- You slept together?!” Soojung stuttered with a horrified face, she fell to the floor.